Battle of the Album Sides: Volume 1

The Owl

What is the superior side on the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band?"  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is the superior side on the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band?"

• Side 1
    • Side 2

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 18 2011, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 18 2011, 05:33 PM)
can we all agree that the putting the vocal of Within You Without You on top of the track for Tomorrow Never Knows on the LOVE CD was brilliant?

if you haven't heard it, check it here Love/Within You Without You

That is an AMAZING CD. One of my favorites. The whole thing is done brilliantly.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 18 2011, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 18 2011, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 18 2011, 05:33 PM)
can we all agree that the putting the vocal of Within You Without You on top of the track for Tomorrow Never Knows on the LOVE CD was brilliant?

if you haven't heard it, check it here Love/Within You Without You

That is an AMAZING CD. One of my favorites. The whole thing is done brilliantly.

trink39.gif

It impressed me the first time I listened to it, but now it's more a novelty item in my collection. I prefer the originals! The true highlight, for me, is the string arrangement for the "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" demo. It's beautiful.

Great album. It's tough to choose but I'd say side one is better by a hair because of the visualizations used in The Beatles Rock Band for the first two tracks. That video made me love SGT Pepper more than I already did.