Cleveland thoughts

I only wish i had time to meet up with my fellow TRF members at Harry Buffalos. sad.gif I was able to secure a vacation day but my wife still had to work and we ended up leaving our house here at Canton after 5:00.

Still it's wonderful to hear from all our out of state friends had a night to remember also!! smile.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long time lurker/guest, first post! Drove in from Milwaukee for the show. Cleveland was great (whats up with the all the panhandlers, they better get that fixed). WHAT A CONCERT ! I cant wait for the Blu-Ray. We were lucky enough to get upgraded floor seats the day of the show so i had to eat our nosebleeds, but totally worth it

tolls to ohio $28

gas for trip $210

hotels $280

4 tickets for 2 people $330

Memories of Show and possibility of being on DVD Release :PRICELESS

I went to the Cleveland show and I have been seeing Rush since Grace Under Pressure. It was so fun seeing and talking with the other Rush fans. I met some great people from all over. We had 2nd row tickets and it was incredible. The band sounded excellent! For me, it was the best concert ever!

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 17 2011, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 17 2011, 03:26 PM)
I flew out from Idaho just to be there for the show.  I paid an obscene amount of money to be where I was (3rd row center...first time I had been center since R30) and then flying there from Boise was an expensive nightmare. 

I met some of the most amazing people and had the most amazing concert experience of my life.  It was worth every penny, every second of travel, ever hour of overtime at work, and every hour that I worked at a second job.  I couldn't NOT make it to that show!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

I really appreciate this post. This is a real fan and I know what that flight and ticket must have cost. Sometimes in life you just have to say "what the heck"

And I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Only regret I have is I couldn't afford to bring my son with me.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 17 2011, 03:26 PM)
I flew out from Idaho just to be there for the show.  I paid an obscene amount of money to be where I was (3rd row center...first time I had been center since R30) and then flying there from Boise was an expensive nightmare. 

I met some of the most amazing people and had the most amazing concert experience of my life.  It was worth every penny, every second of travel, ever hour of overtime at work, and every hour that I worked at a second job.  I couldn't NOT make it to that show!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

you were at the Hard rock pre show right?

I thought I recognized you from your meet n greet pic...

anyway...the show was amazing...

First, at the merch stand right after the doors opening,I see a camera man and who is standing behind him? Sam Dunn (Beyond the Lighted Stage,Iron Maiden-Flight 666,Metal:A Headbangers Journey)

Turns out It's him and his Banger Films crew doing the new DVD.

He noticed my sons Iron Maiden T and said he had been in Chile and somewhere else filming Maiden's Final Frontier tour.

really psyched that Sam is working on the DVD because his work on the live footage for Flight 666 was amazing,especially compared to the self produced DVDs the band had put out previous...I'm sure he can bring some extra life to the new Rush DVD...not that the Cleveland crowd didn't bring plenty of life of it's own...

Second,my seat was right by Sam and his crew,plus Donna Halper of WMMS fame was in attendance and sitting by the board for portions of the concert.

and then towards the end of the show, Ray Daniels is leaning on the rail chatting(or yelling,actually) with a drunken fan...

my better half,my son and his friend were up in sec 229 and all three loved the show as well...

I dug Alex wearing the suit for MP...the crowd was rabid for YYZ and 2112,as I recall goosebumps during those songs...

overall,just an awesome day...seemed like everybody in the city was wearing a Rush shirt...

QUOTE (MCM @ Apr 17 2011, 05:47 PM)
... This show far exceeded the show I saw in Pittsburgh last September ...

I am also a Pittsburgh guy who made it out to Cleveland, and I agree with the post above. The notable difference in the band was Geddy's voice being much more together in Cleveland. The crowd was definitely more raucous in Cleveland than Pitt. This was my first time to Cleveland and -- this is coming from a Pittsburgh resident -- I like Cleveland's arena more than the brand-new Pittsburgh one.

I came to the show from just north of Indy. Drove up 320 miles from home. Got to Cleveland early enough to go the Roll and Roll hall of shame pic. Had a great time there and met several Rush fans there from all over the country. Several had maded posters, all great. Had seats at the Q floor 2 row 15 almost dead center stage. Just wanted to say that it was a Great Show. Wanted to thank Rush and Cleveland. I havent been to any concert in along time but, when I was younger went to lots. This was a Great time. Thanks

Was at this show too and the energy between band and crowd was awesome! A great concert--probably the best one I've ever seen yet!

Cleveland and Rush rocked!

Looking forward to the dvd (and hoping to see myself in it too!) soon!

*PRESTO IN CLEVELAND* I found this on Youtube....After watching it over and over and then listening to the studio version it appears Neil is the one who screwed up. Alex's solo starts and ends where it is supposed to and Alex and Geddy both get back to their mics in time, but Neil is definitely off. Bridge starts at the 3:43 mark

Yeah I wonder if they'll smooth that out in post production or something. At the time, I thought Geddy had missed getting back to the mic but no you're right, Neil was way off and Ged & Alex had to play catch up to his drumming.. Whoops!! But man that was a great show, I already wrote a good long revue on RIAB, I grabbed but only a few photos to reach my goal of "pyro shot from each show I see this tour." So mostly it's of meet ups with other fans.

pics (some): https://picasaweb.google.com/envirotech03/R...nMeetUpsMostly#

QUOTE (reani14 @ Apr 19 2011, 04:50 PM)
yo, i bet they release this show. due to geddy sounding amazing this night... Hasnt anyone started a thread about this? maybe they will touch Presto up a bit in the editing..

fixed wink.gif

Every youtube video I've seen, Geddy was singing quite well - probably better than I heard him on this tour. The Presto video above was pitchy - but someone near the camera was singing horribly and I think that gives the impression that Ged was out of tune a bit.

I do wonder if they'll fix the flub Neil made coming out of the guitar solo. Ged sorta turns to look at him like "WTF?"

QUOTE (reani14 @ Apr 19 2011, 04:50 PM)
yo, i bet they wont release this show. due to geddy sounding terrible this night... Hasnt anyone realized this? maybe they will touch his bad vocals up a bit in the editing..

And I know who will be the first person to start asking when the release date for the DVD is! wink.gif

Seriously, reani, you seem to be the only person with a gripe about Ged's voice this show. confused13.gif

I thought he sounded great on the videos i've seen. (from this year.) And i'm a crushing critic when it comes to this band. I hold them in REALLY high regard, but they are not without their faults.

QUOTE (puscifer @ Apr 19 2011, 11:43 AM)
*PRESTO IN CLEVELAND* I found this on Youtube....After watching it over and over and then listening to the studio version it appears Neil is the one who screwed up. Alex's solo starts and ends where it is supposed to and Alex and Geddy both get back to their mics in time, but Neil is definitely off. Bridge starts at the 3:43 mark Presto Live In Cleveland

There were a lot of people that said that Cleveland was the most awesome show. All bands have off nights on a tour and I am sorry but Presto in Cleveland was a mess. What exactly made Cleveland so good?

I figured out what happened! If you watch right before the guitar solo, Geddy (is supposed to) tap the pedal that starts the synth line during the guitar solo. He accidently hits one of the pedals that he uses during the chorus (3:45-3:46) then frantically hits the pedal to start the right synth line, a little before beat 3. Neil's loudest feed through his IEM/Headphones is whatever sequenced track is currently playing so he adjusts to geddys little flub, not noticing that Alex is just going away on the current solo. Alex never adjusts, finishes early. As soon as alex finishes early, geddy realizes it, jumps ahead with him, where Neil joins a measure later (once the vocals return to his IEM).

An unfortunate mistake, and it shows the price of using live sequences and things. Although mistakes rarely happen (especially with Geddy), it shows how bad they can be. Also, they could have just whiped that sample track completely and thrown it in again for the dvd, but the fact that Neil went with it is going to be VERY hard to edit out.

So in conclusion, Geddys fault. I do know what I'm talking about too, I use foot pedals and samplers, and actually cover presto too.

Edited by Nate1647

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Apr 19 2011, 11:02 PM)
I figured out what happened! If you watch right before the guitar solo, Geddy (is supposed to) tap the pedal that starts the synth line during the guitar solo. He accidently hits one of the pedals that he uses during the chorus (3:45-3:46) then frantically hits the pedal to start the right synth line, a little before beat 3. Neil's loudest feed through his IEM/Headphones is whatever sequenced track is currently playing so he adjusts to geddys little flub, not noticing that Alex is just going away on the current solo. Alex never adjusts, finishes early. As soon as alex finishes early, geddy realizes it, jumps ahead with him, where Neil joins a measure later (once the vocals return to his IEM).

An unfortunate mistake, and it shows the price of using live sequences and things. Although mistakes rarely happen (especially with Geddy), it shows how bad they can be. Also, they could have just whiped that sample track completely and thrown it in again for the dvd, but the fact that Neil went with it is going to be VERY hard to edit out.

So in conclusion, Geddys fault. I do know what I'm talking about too, I use foot pedals and samplers, and actually cover presto too.

I think they can fix that...

popstars get their whole album fixed when they have no talent...a little studio trickery and film editing can fix this in no time.

but what would be the coolest is if they just leave it in...warts and all...

QUOTE (puscifer @ Apr 19 2011, 09:43 AM)
*PRESTO IN CLEVELAND* I found this on Youtube....After watching it over and over and then listening to the studio version it appears Neil is the one who screwed up. Alex's solo starts and ends where it is supposed to and Alex and Geddy both get back to their mics in time, but Neil is definitely off. Bridge starts at the 3:43 mark Presto Live In Cleveland

rofl3.gif

Sounds like everyone contributed to that one! That's okay, they'll fix it in Post.

BTW, that sh1t's hard to do.... yes.gif

Also BTW.. I am SO envious of everyone who got to go. I knew someone with an extra ticket but the airfare from Seattle was prohibitive. Dammit. angry.gif

Edited by HowItIs