and the depression sets in..

liddybuck01

Man, Toledo was really amazing. Second row, i couldnt believe it! But now im super depressed. I was a little depressed before i bought the tickets last week, then i had something to look forward to! But now its over and i have nothing and im upset all over again.

Yes, im depressed about other things in my life but right now its about Rush. Lame, right? Well, first off, i had a lot of fun at the show, but afterwards i realized it couldve been way better. The first row was right in front of me, and quite empty, and a ton of people had snuck up there throughout the night. I asked hubby if it was cool if i could and he said no, concerned i would get kicked out or something, but by the time i wanted to go they were just letting people stay up there. I was kind of mad he wouldnt let me go up there. We were about to leave anyways! I didnt go because i didnt want to get into a fight with him about it. I guess im just more of a fan girl about it but now im quite upset, mostly at myself, for not taking a chance and a possible once in a lifetime opportunity.

Also im upset because i got so lucky getting second row tickets, but i know i will probably never get that lucky ever again. Those tickets are usually top dollar, and im quite poor. It bums me out. Now i cant go back to cheap seats, its not the same! Also seeing everyone going to multiple shows bums me out, and im totally jealous that i cant live my life that way.

Sorry for my long ass pitty party rant. I just dont have anyone to talk to and as Rush fans i thought someone might understand.

I hear ya man Toledo was god tier. But I have a cure......more 2.gif

luckily I'm goin to Auburn Hills show too. But theres no way that will be better than Toledo

I understand how you feel about the correlation between good seats and luck I got some amazing seats and I'll never get them again look at some of these pics

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g412/jesse1291/

Not to mention theyll never play a venue that small ever agian sad.gif

Edited by jesse2112

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:05 PM)
Man, Toledo was really amazing. Second row, i couldnt believe it! But now im super depressed. I was a little depressed before i bought the tickets last week, then i had something to look forward to! But now its over and i have nothing and im upset all over again.

Yes, im depressed about other things in my life but right now its about Rush. Lame, right? Well, first off, i had a lot of fun at the show, but afterwards i realized it couldve been way better. The first row was right in front of me, and quite empty, and a ton of people had snuck up there throughout the night. I asked hubby if it was cool if i could and he said no, concerned i would get kicked out or something, but by the time i wanted to go they were just letting people stay up there. I was kind of mad he wouldnt let me go up there. We were about to leave anyways! I didnt go because i didnt want to get into a fight with him about it. I guess im just more of a fan girl about it but now im quite upset, mostly at myself, for not taking a chance and a possible once in a lifetime opportunity.

Also im upset because i got so lucky getting second row tickets, but i know i will probably never get that lucky ever again. Those tickets are usually top dollar, and im quite poor. It bums me out. Now i cant go back to cheap seats, its not the same! Also seeing everyone going to multiple shows bums me out, and im totally jealous that i cant live my life that way.

Sorry for my long ass pitty party rant. I just dont have anyone to talk to and as Rush fans i thought someone might understand.

i feel ya...but i was in the 3rd row, and thought it was beyond spectacular- front row is great; but where you were really isn't anything to be sad about wub.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 14 2011, 11:13 PM)

i feel ya...but i was in the 3rd row, and thought it was beyond spectacular- front row is great; but where you were really isn't anything to be sad about wub.gif

My husband said "its only one foot closer. Does it really matter?" I said yes, i want to be right there, in the moment, possibly make eye contact with one of them. That is the experience i want. He just doesnt get it. Lol

Love the pics you took! In that shot of you i was right by those people you see sitting. I bet you saw me going nuts throughout the show lol i took some pics on my phone. Theyre on facebook if you wanna add me and see them!

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:27 PM)
Love the pics you took! In that shot of you i was right by those people you see sitting. I bet you saw me going nuts throughout the show lol i took some pics on my phone. Theyre on facebook if you wanna add me and see them!

Sure just search me on fb and Ill add you btw I have a lot more pics on facebook

Edited by jesse2112

Idk your name to find you! Lol the link to me is in my sig.

Oh, btw, i just watched your video of faithless and im the idiot throwing up horns the whole time lol faithless is one of my most favorites, i had to rock out haha

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:36 PM)
Idk your name to find you! Lol the link to me is in my sig.

Oh, btw, i just watched your video of faithless and im the idiot throwing up horns the whole time lol faithless is one of my most favorites, i had to rock out haha

Thanks for watching my vid and I sent you a friend request

get in a car tomorrow and drive to Cleveland

hug2.gif I can really empathize. Lean on your friends and fellow Rush Rats rose.gif

Find other active bands you enjoy as well. I'm seeing Voivod on Sunday, Rush next month, and then going to a big music festival where Coroner will be playing in June. Pretty good set up, if I say so myself.

We were about to leave anyways!

You were gonna leave before the end of the show???!!!!

Second row is great, but you shoul'da jumped up there.

One side of me wants to yell YOU BLEW IT!!!...But that would be cruel and I'm not gonna so I'll just say don't worry, there will be plenty (if we're reeeeeally lucky) of 2.gif shows in the future. I mean they're still young (almost 60 is the new almost 50) with lots of touring left in them (just ask Neil he loves touring). And although front row tickets are reeeeealy expensive (on this tour back row tickets are too) the price has just got to down (just like gas prices) and front row isn't all that rare (there's one at every show....there was one 2 feet in front of you with lots of empty seats in Toledo for example) or hard to get (just look at all the other shows you've been to where you didn't have front row...like Toledo...those people got front row tickets somehow...you can too).

But as you've mentioned before, it appears you were going to leave before the end of the show....utter blasphemy for a REAL 2.gif fan....so maybe you jst don't deserve front tickets......ever. wink.gif joker.gif

Great pics.

But pics can only fill a small part of that empty post-show void.

It's been 10 days since Louisville. Geuss I should get back to the more serious things in life. Wife, kids, job, NBA playoffs.....

Of course all those come with a 24/7 RUSH soundtrack. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 14 2011, 11:13 PM)

My husband said "its only one foot closer. Does it really matter?" I said yes, i want to be right there, in the moment, possibly make eye contact with one of them. That is the experience i want. He just doesnt get it. Lol

So next time pay 1000's of dollars for your tickets from brokers like the people in front row did so you too can have that "eye to eye experience".

Aw, I totally feel ya. I've pretty much accepted that the show I saw last August -- my first -- will probably be one of only two or three I see. And next year I'll be a broke college student with no money, so unless Rush comes fairly close to the area (Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, or Missouri, maybe Colorado) I don't know how I'm even going to afford one ticket. Money's just so tight, the scholarships aren't coming in, and it seems like Rush has something against the midwest. (Not really lol.)

And getting floor seats, much less in the first few rows? Forget about it. I see the kind of crazy money people put out for them and I know I'll never be able to compete with that. By the time I'm out of college with a decent job the boys will probably be retired! laugh.gif

I'm still happy I've been to even one show, even though the seats were mediocre at best, but I get a little sad around here with the second leg and all. Probably why I'm not posting as often as I was. I'd take nosebleed seats if I could find my way to a venue.

Never complain about your seats, folks, because there's probably someone out there who wouldn't mind taking them!

Most people who go see shows aren't lucky enough to sit in the first ten rows. Be grateful that you got to see the best band in the world, weren't in the nosebleeds and didn't get kicked out of first row for taking somebody's spot. The only thing you have the right to be slightly depressed about is that the show is over. But on the flip side you got to see the show.

Thanks everyone for understanding. I think the other crap going on in my life right now was making the Rush stuff worse. Like, that was the highlight, and now its gone.

Yes, we left right before working man to go to the bathroom and merch stand. By the time we walked out they were done. We saw them last year so it wasnt a super big deal. We also wanted to fight traffic and get home to out pets who had been crated for about 6 hours.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 15 2011, 01:42 AM)

get in a car tomorrow and drive to Cleveland

And do what?? Lol

I wouldn't feel so bad. At least you weren't like my friend (who also happens to be originally from Toronto) at the Sunrise gig two weeks ago. He got tickets in the ADT suite. Not the best seats as they're third level and far from the stage. But it includes free food and drinks trink39.gif The line at the bar was long but they were allowed three at a time, so that's what he was getting for himself trink38.gif By the end of the show he was several sheets to the wind. When the concert ended, a well connected buddy of his calls him. This guy had backstage acccess and was allowed to bring a few friends with him and was inviting my friend to come down. My friend was just too obliterated to go and declined ohmy.gif Probably should have just kept to the cool10.gif So he blew a chance to hang backstage with Rush after a show banghead.gif

QUOTE (Valhalla610 @ Apr 15 2011, 09:27 AM)
I wouldn't feel so bad. At least you weren't like my friend (who also happens to be originally from Toronto) at the Sunrise gig two weeks ago. He got tickets in the ADT suite. Not the best seats as they're third level and far from the stage. But it includes free food and drinks trink39.gif The line at the bar was long but they were allowed three at a time, so that's what he was getting for himself trink38.gif By the end of the show he was several sheets to the wind. When the concert ended, a well connected buddy of his calls him. This guy had backstage acccess and was allowed to bring a few friends with him and was inviting my friend to come down. My friend was just too obliterated to go and declined ohmy.gif Probably should have just kept to the cool10.gif So he blew a chance to hang backstage with Rush after a show banghead.gif

I would have literally punched him in the face right there.