Yes: Drama

The Owl

We have a discussion on one underrated Yes, album.. why not another?

Alot of people give this album flack due to the fact that Jon Anderson is not present, but that is a shitty excuse out of listening to a very well written, recorded, and performed album... So many good tracks.... I was glad to hear a few of these tracks live a couple of years when the current incarnation of Yes went on tour in 09.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this album beginning to end, without a doubt. The lack of Anderson doesn't bother me at all. 'Machine Messiah' and 'Into The Lens' are my two favorite tracks. Just wish they had performed 'Machine Messiah' the last two times I saw them. Would have been amazing.

Of the albums from 69-83, I'd rank it dead last. The good tracks are Tempus Fugit, Does It Really Happen and Run Through The Light. It could've been better had Squire sang all the lead vocals but of course there's no way he would've wanted to tour as the lead vocalist.

I like Tempus Fugit and there are some good moments on it, but most of the time it comes across as a bit silly.

Trevor Horn was awkward as the vocalist for this band.

I love it, but think it would've been better with Jon Anderson. "Does it Really Happen?" Is my favorite song from the album, but picturing an "Everybody's Song" being mastered, the album would have been better with Jon.

I love this album, I bought it when I came out and I got it when I came out on CD, and to this day I listen to in my car. I would say that I am a Panther going back to AMY speak.

Run Through The Light is actually my favorite song on here. Nobody really seems to talk about it. Great album, and unfortunately severely underrated by most Yes fans. White Car does suck however. Couldn't they have banged out one more song instead of this drivel?

I love it. Asides from the sentimental feelings I have for the record (it was one of the first Yes albums I bought), I think it's an excellent record. And "Tempus Fugit" is probably one of my favorite Yessongs of all time.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Apr 14 2011, 04:09 PM)
Run Through The Light is actually my favorite song on here. Nobody really seems to talk about it. Great album, and unfortunately severely underrated by most Yes fans. White Car does suck however. Couldn't they have banged out one more song instead of this drivel?

I love Run Through The Night yes.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 13 2011, 09:53 PM)
It's pretty much metal really...

cool.gif

1022.gif

Dude, I was wondering if you'd say that. laugh.gif

It does have some hard guitar on it. Too bad I ignored this album in the early '80's. I bought a copy right after buying 90125 and didn't get it.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Apr 15 2011, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 13 2011, 09:53 PM)
It's pretty much metal really...

cool.gif

1022.gif

Dude, I was wondering if you'd say that. laugh.gif

It does have some hard guitar on it. Too bad I ignored this album in the early '80's. I bought a copy right after buying 90125 and didn't get it.

I'll get my copy out and crank it up in a day or two...

cool10.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 15 2011, 05:57 PM)
Into the Fricken Lens kicks ass. Love the whole Drama album, despite the lack of Anderson. Wait, did someone say Geoff Downes is back in YES?! ohmy.gif

Yes, Geoff Downes is back in Yes. Should be pretty interesting. Drama is one of the most underrated albums. Does it Really Happen knocks me on my ass when it comes back in and Squire knocks it out of the park with that little solo.