Second Hand Grace

FourthmemberofRush

hello. I am certainly wrong because I do not understand the sciences behind the lyrics, but I do understand the concept. So if the scientific explanation is off, I'm sorry.

Supposedly, the sun shining on earth is the first-hand grace, and the light reflecting and bouncing towards the moon is second-hand grace.

So third-hand grace would be him becoming illuminated through darkness. Pretty deep stuff. It's kind of like he's looking for light in darkness (the moon) and he found it. That's my take on it, anyway.

Welcome to TRF 2.gif trink39.gif

Let's start hearing some answers. Rush fans are in HUGE DENIAL, the SILENCE IS DEAFENING, concerning the new message that has been coming forth from Rush since Test For Echo came out in 1996.

What the hell happened? Who was involved in this new paradigm for Rush? Even Rush themselves beat around the bush with no specificity.

Wassup?

653.gif

Edited by FourthmemberofRush

QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 16 2011, 11:58 AM)
Let's start hearing some answers. Rush fans are in HUGE DENIAL, the SILENCE IS DEAFENING, concerning the new message that has been coming forth from Rush since Test For Echo came out in 1996.

What the hell happened? Who was involved in this new paradigm for Rush? Even Rush themselves beat around the bush with no specificity.
Wassup?

653.gif

Oh, I know, they're talking about you specifically! applaudit.gif

Yeah, no. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 16 2011, 01:04 PM)

Wassup?

653.gif

Yeah, no. eyesre4.gif

Just having some fun...like no other Rush fan in the Universe will have for the Endless Horizons of Eternity.

Wassup with that Secret Touch anyway?

I'm sure Gary, Elwood, and Alexander, understand my need to have some fun with this now and then.

Why the Tarot Cards on Vapor Trails?

Brought to you by the 'letter "3"....Huh?

popcorn.gif

I could pull out the tape recording from Anna LeCoche in January 2001 saying, "This message is for ** ********, this is Anna from SRO, just wanting to let you know that your message has been passed along, talk to you later".

Can't prove my chats with Pegi Ceconni, for I did not tape them. Anyways, no big deal. Just reminiscing.

Edited by FourthmemberofRush

QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 16 2011, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 16 2011, 01:04 PM)

Wassup?

653.gif

Yeah, no. eyesre4.gif

Just having some fun...like no other Rush fan in the Universe will have for the Endless Horizons of Eternity.

I'm sure Gary, Elwood, and Alexander, understand my need to have some fun with this now and then.

popcorn.gif

What is you smoking and can I haves some? cool10.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 16 2011, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 16 2011, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 16 2011, 01:04 PM)

Wassup?

653.gif

Yeah, no. eyesre4.gif

popcorn.gif

What is you smoking and can I haves some? cool10.gif

Medicinal from Colorado.

smile.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 16 2011, 02:25 PM)
I literally have no clue what anyone is talking about.

I just came to read the post because earthshine is my favorite song lol

This guy is a (funny?) maniac and he posts random stuff so just enjoy the ride for like the next few hours or so.

I read an interview with Mick Jagger where he said that spirituality was strong in his life at times then it would wane again. I would hardly call Neil Peart spiritual, but after the loss of his wife and child I don't believe he could not have been effected on an emotional or even soulful level. We all get older and we all face death. The sooner you start thinking about how to deal with it the better off you may be. Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 16 2011, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 16 2011, 02:25 PM)
I literally have no clue what anyone is talking about.

I just came to read the post because earthshine is my favorite song lol

This guy is a (funny?) maniac and he posts random stuff so just enjoy the ride for like the next few hours or so.

Is funny, in a mortal way, how i answered your questions yesterday and all you could respond with was a lame ' if you say so, buddy'.

I understand, it is hard to comprehend. Again, you are the one who broached it yesterday. so I answered your question, now you want to

'Shower your bitterness'.

Love it.

And the knowledge that they fear is a weapon to be used against them.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 16 2011, 03:33 PM)
Earthshine is truly one of Rush's greatest songs.

Musically it's spellbinding.

Lyrically it's one of Neil's most emotive and personal.

And it is, without question, one of Geddy's best vocal achievments.

The Earthshine lead on R30 takes me into the Cathedral of Ascended Heights of my Rush emotional moments.