Chicago: great show but we got screwed

L. Wince

The show was great. They played awesome and it was an awesome time. Now im not gonna write a review or anything but i just wanted to say wtf? They cut out the fire during "Caravan" Whats up with that? I didnt pay that much and travel that far to not have my face burned off. Lmao. Im sure they had a good reason though.

Also i noticed people checking out my ride because of the plates and the starman on the window. It was a great feeling.

there was fire in Hershey I think, i do remember explosions at least Edited by ucsteve667

I wonder if the Quicken Loans Arena's fire code will allow the pyrotechnics for Friday's show considering it's the day when Rush film the DVD for this tour. I'd be disappointed if the fans going on Friday won't be treated with the fire for Witch Hunt, Caravan and 2112, cause for me personally, I love that aspect of the show that I want to see how it turns out on the DVD later this year or early next year.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Apr 13 2011, 03:54 PM)
I'm almost positive it has to do with varying fire codes by venue.

Yes, I think it's the fire codes as well. I was waiting for pyro on Witch Hunt...nope. Same deal 2 years ago at the UC for S&A Tour. Still an AMAZING SHOW 2.gif

The octopus lighting rig was very cool and the LEDs seemed more enhanced (brighter/cooler designs) this year!! Reminds me of the mother ship in Close Encounters.

icon_alienjig.gif

You could feel the heat from the pyro in Hershey all the back in the 17th row where we were. I really feel for the band - they must absolutely roast when that's going off, especially on top of doing physical work under already hot lights.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 13 2011, 07:47 PM)
You could feel the heat from the pyro in Hershey all the back in the 17th row where we were. I really feel for the band - they must absolutely roast when that's going off, especially on top of doing physical work under already hot lights.

I was in 22nd row and we could feel the heat, I love the fire's in Witch Hunt.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 13 2011, 04:13 PM)
I noticed that they ditched the fire in NYC. I was a little disappointed as well.

This. I was disappointed too.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Apr 13 2011, 06:45 PM)
I wonder if the Quicken Loans Arena's fire code will allow the pyrotechnics for Friday's show considering it's the day when Rush film the DVD for this tour. I'd be disappointed if the fans going on Friday won't be treated with the fire for Witch Hunt, Caravan and 2112, cause for me personally, I love that aspect of the show that I want to see how it turns out on the DVD later this year or early next year.

I can't say for sure but I do know:

1) Pyrotechnics (small but still fire) shoots out from the hanging scoreboard for every Cavs game player introductions.

2) Have seen Metallica there several times and they always come with pyro for specific songs.

One more day...

Go Tribe !!!

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Apr 13 2011, 06:45 PM)

waffen093.gif tempted.gif

seeing as how before each CAVS game, they shoot fire from the jumbotron, i'm guessing rush will be allowed to use their pyro.