What Album were you most eager for..

The Owl

Which Rush album were you most eager to get prior to it's release?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Rush album were you most eager to get prior to it's release?

• RUSH
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

This poll is not about which album is the best, or which is the worst...etc

This poll is what album were you looking forward to the most prior to that album's release, regardless of the quality of the final product (so goobs you can actually vote Vapor Trails here...lol)

My poll predictions are that Signals, Vapor Trails, and Clockwork Angels will get the most votes..

Signals because most Rush fans came on board with Moving Pictures, and "Signals" was the album that most Rush fans can consider "Their first NEW Rush album"

Vapor Trails- First album after a long hiatus, sure to garner some votes

Clockwork Angels - Because that is at the moment the album we are all looking forward to, and the only album that is not out right now... sure to skew the vote....

------------------------------------------------------------

Clockwork Angles gets my vote not only for the reasons mentioned above, but also what has been said about the album... a possible concept record, a possible epic song... SIGN ME UP!

Vapor Trails is a close second, for me not only was it the album after a long hiatus, Vapor Trails was in a way "My First NEW Rush album" almost tied with CWA in my excitement factor...

well, Vapor is a no brainer for me. at that point I seriously thought there was no way Neil would even come back to the band at all.

I became a Rush fan between PoW and HYF. When HYF came out I was a big fan. After HYF I became a huge fan. So, Presto was probably my most anticipated album because that was the height of my Rush fandom.

Coincidentally, Presto is my least favorite album.

I got into them with PeW, so I anticipated MP big time. Obviously, it did not disappoint. It was a slam dunk right on the first listen.

VT would be second, coming after that long layoff. It did not disappoint either. I liked it on the first listen, but took some repeat listens to love it.

I am looking forward to CA. If what Geddy says is true ("Now the indication you can get from the first 2 songs kind of sets the tone for where we're going with this record. But there are a few surprises as you get deeper into the record." source), then it should be a diverse album with plenty of heavy moments.

I got into Rush right after ATWAS was released, so my most anticipated new release was AFTK. Hearing it for the first time almost made my 15 year old head explode.

Snakes and Arrows for me. The only album to come out since I've been a fan, I was super pumped for this release and the subsequent tour. I got into the band the year after R30, so Snakes And Arrows also marks my first live experience. While it's not their best by a long shot, it certainly holds positive memories for me.

I became a major fan with Signals, but only after its release. So I'm thinking "Grace Under Pressure" is the one I most anticipated

Tough choice for me:

either P/G or TFE.

P/G because I became a Rush fan after the release of Signals in 1982. Grace was announced and previewed on my local radio station - I recall recording DEW, Red Sector A, and Between the Wheels on cassette tape off the radio and listening over and over and waiting for more tracks to pop out. It was just so exciting, my anticipation was very high.

Test For Echo had a lot of anticipation for me because it was the first album released since I had become involved in the online Rush community (at the time, it was The National Midnight Star e-mail list!) It was a very new experience to share this anticipation with Rush fans from across the country. Put your message in a modem indeed! (yeah, a very dated line now, but I still like it and remember that time!)

WAY psyched for CA, but only because I got into Rush post-VT and I was a "anything past PoW stinks!" kind of person. Learned to like S&A but it took a couple years. Now I'm just thrilled to hear what they put out in 2012. Just super excited. xD

I will have to go with Clockwork Angels.

Technically, I was first introduced to Rush in 2005 and have been a fan of them since then. But by being a fan I mean loving it when their classic hits from the late 70s and early 80s were played on the classic rock station. Yes, I would play them at times on YouTube. Yes, I wanted to put Freewill as my MySpace song once and could not find it. Yes, I may have had Freewill on my old iPod. But I knew nothing about Snakes and Arrows.

I do not remember how I found out that they were coming last year to my city. But I certainly was happy to find out, since I wanted to see Freewill and a few other favorites performed live. I even checked for potential setlist spoilers and did not buy tix till making sure they would play Freewill for sure.

So that is why my answer is Clockwork Angels rather than Snakes and Arrows, even though I became a fan between Feedback and SnA.

Moving Pictures

...but Signals too, I had more chance to think about it and it was a longer wait so it built it up a bit...

And actually Exit Stage Left, and I remember getting that on Halloween 1981 and carrying it home on the bus...

MP was the album that hooked me in....Signals solidified my love but I waited with baited breath for Grace Under Pressure...knowing they went in a new direction with a new producer, and also the change in musical direction of Signals. I was really stoked and curious what they were going to do next. I remember asking my local record shop every week for months "did you get it yet?"

Every release I am pumped for to this day. I am so excited for CA.....I am getting nuts waiting for it!!!

Edited by Todem

GUP - I remember hearing this awesome song on the radio at night, and the DJ finally said one night that it was by Rush. I'd heard of them, so I couldn't wait to get the album (cassette) the song "Distant Early Warning" was on. Been a fan ever since!

Well considering I wasnt into Rush until after 07 when Snakes and Arrows came out my answer is Clockwork Angels. I am pretty stoked to hear it too cause I really like Caravan and BU2B.

Without a doubt...'Vapor Trails'. I think I was about five or six when it came out, and I was already hooked on Rush by then. I was excited to hear that a new album was coming out and it was honestly one of the big memories I have of my childhood. Imagining a six year old kid walking into a CD store, picking out a Rush album, and buying it seems too much like a dream now!

I'm more excited about CA though; much more so than 'Snakes and Arrows'. I liked S&A, but it never really settled with me until almost just recently. It's April 2011 already, not too much longer until 2012.