MSG Tonight!

furie

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2011, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2011, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2011, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 11 2011, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2011, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 11 2011, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2011, 05:27 PM)
there were parts of the show where i felt like i was waiting for my number to be called at the dmv. tongue.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Stop it! You're killing me! You were bored, right? Hilarious! laugh.gif

i'm serious. unsure.gif

Please, stop! rofl3.gif

I need to catch my breath...

tongue.gif

i guess you liked it? unsure.gif

i wouldn't compare it to the s & a tour where they played 5 in the row from s & a to start the second set but there were major momentum kills mostly in the first set and a few in the second.

Truly, after the ragging you've given the setlist for the past 9+ months, I'm amazed you went.

confused13.gif

i made the decision not to go but a family member purchased 2 tickets at $175 each so after that i didn't have a choice but to go.

You poor tortured soul! fists crying.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were parts of the show where i felt like i was waiting for my number to be called at the dmv. tongue.gif

Reflected Light, I think the bottom line for you is your just sick of Rush. You respect them having been a fan for many years but you have had your fill.

Truth be told, as much as I love Rush, and still do, having seen them nearly 40 times I also tend to get bored at times during shows. For me, I have seen them so many times its hard to feel the old magic I used to at times. Sometimes I think I go to the shows out of obligation as a lifelong fan. I also enjoy seeing many people there that I love to hang out with.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the band and will probably see the next tour, but I have been so spoiled in seeing them every tour since Moving Pictures, it can't possibly deliver the same experience it used to.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2011, 10:48 AM)

Reflected Light, I think the bottom line for you is your just sick of Rush. You respect them having been a fan for many years but you have had your fill.

Truth be told, as much as I love Rush, and still do, having seen them nearly 40 times I also tend to get bored at times during shows. For me, I have seen them so many times its hard to feel the old magic I used to at times. Sometimes I think I go to the shows out of obligation as a lifelong fan. I also enjoy seeing many people there that I love to hang out with.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the band and will probably see the next tour, but I have been so spoiled in seeing them every tour since Moving Pictures, it can't possibly deliver the same experience it used to.

This is why I took a two decade break from Rush! From 1985 to 2004, pretty much no Rush!

By the way, I think Rush was better at PNC this past summer.

Money aside (the main consideration), this is another reason I'm not shot in the ass to get to multiple shows. After so many repeats some of the magic is lost. I'd prefer that not happen.

I know it's a social thing for a lot of the fans who DO travel all over to see several shows per tour. I'm not knocking that - it does sound as if they're enjoying themselves immensely. It's just not my scene.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2011, 09:48 AM)

tick you hit the nail on the head. we all have our favorites and when you've seen the show many times, for some it loses the magic of going crazy, the anticipation, and drumming to the songs. i'm not up there with you and some of the others as far as the number of shows seen but i tend to get bored easily. that and i'm a little older now. tongue.gif red barchetta is still my favorite song to hear at any show by any group so there was a little spark there.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2011, 09:55 AM)

Money aside (the main consideration), this is another reason I'm not shot in the ass to get to multiple shows. After so many repeats some of the magic is lost. I'd prefer that not happen.

I know it's a social thing for a lot of the fans who DO travel all over to see several shows per tour. I'm not knocking that - it does sound as if they're enjoying themselves immensely. It's just not my scene.

yea it's not much my scene anymore either but if anything it was nice to hang with my family and like you mentioned mara, how it brings people together from all over.