vh working on new album

i've never gotten into kiss and i never will. it's just not for me. getting back to vh though, even if they are messed up and all over the place, i'm very curious as to what eddie will come up with at this stage. i'd go and see the show but i wouldn't pay alot of money to see it, and i guess it would probably be a no go being that prices will be sky high.

Just read the official news.

I hope it comes out soon. I've never been disappointed by this band, and while they're not my favorite band, I will rush out and buy it.

My cousin at least will be happy. He lives and breathes VH. His favorite band since he was a teenager, and he's in his 40's now!

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:02 AM)

I hope it comes out soon. I've never been disappointed by this band, and while they're not my favorite band, I will rush out and buy it.

My cousin at least will be happy. He lives and breathes VH. His favorite band since he was a teenager, and he's in his 40's now!

o i've definitely been disappointed but it'll be interesting like i said. there were some real clunkers like ou812 062802puke_prv.gif and a handful of others where you had 2-3 good songs and the rest was garbage.

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:02 AM)

Never?

I even liked OU812, but I could not stomach VH3

Oh, and does anyone still rush out and buy music anymore? biggrin.gif

Rush and download (or pirate) it is more like it laugh.gif

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 18 2011, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:02 AM)

Never?

I even liked OU812, but I could not stomach VH3

Oh, and does anyone still rush out and buy music anymore? biggrin.gif

Rush and download (or pirate) it is more like it laugh.gif

without a doubt, vh3 was horrible. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 17 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 17 2011, 03:06 PM)
The relative "complexity" wink.gif of Kiss's music hardly justifies this degree of shuffling about either.  If they were making high brow music, perhaps.  It's a bit like getting help putting peanut butter on bread...

laugh.gif

And lets not forget about them wanting Eddie in the band around 1982 or so...

Kiss did NOT want eddie in the band, or else they would have hired him. Ed approached gene, not the other way around. yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 17 2011, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 17 2011, 10:28 AM)
Ok...re: Kiss and who played what.  Here are some "for instances".  These are just a few and ALL come from the same source.

Gene Simmons (Behind The Mask book, pg. 290):  (re: Almost Human from Love Gun).... "That's me on guitar.  On other songs where you think it's Ace or Paul on guitar, it's me.  War Machine and Plaster Caster, that's me on guitar and bass."

Drummer Allan Schwartzberg (same book, pg. 362):  "I overdubbed drum fills on a few songs on the Animalize album.  I think the songs needed that little kick and I think it helped." 

Mark St. John (same book, same page as above):  "There are two songs on Animalize that I didn't play on.  Lonely Is The Hunter and Murder In High Heels.  That's Bruce Kulick playing guitar."

Eric Singer (same book, pg. 391):  (re: Revenge)  "(Take It Off) is the only song I didn't play onthe record.  I knew my drum work wasn't great.  Ezrin felt it could be better and so Kevin Valentine came in and played drums on Take It Off."

Bruce Kulick (same book, pg. 401): (re: Carnival Of Souls)  "I played bass on quite a few of the Paul songs.  Jungle, Rain, It Never Goes Away, and I Will Be There.  I really wanted Gene to play as much bass as he would."

Peter Criss (same book, pg. 329):  "I could give you a million songs Gene didn't play bass on.  You would not believe how many basses are done by Ace Frehley.  It would blow your f@cking mind."

Gene Simmons (same book, same page):  "I didn't play bass on I Was Made For Lovin' You."  But there are a lot of songs in our history where people think that the people who played the instruments actually played them.  It's not true.  On Almost Humand I played guitar.  I played guitar on Plaster Caster, See You In Your Dreams.  I played keyboards (piano, actually) on Christine Sixteen." 

Ace Frehley (same book, pg. 332):  (re: Unmasked)  "For instance, on my tunes I played the bass parts [laughs].  I wouldn't let Gene play.  I think Paul might've even played bass on some of his songs."

In addition to all of this are the more well-known factoids:

* Peter plays drums on only one song on Dynasty and one song on Psycho Circus.  Anton Fig plays on most of Dynasty, all of Unmasked, and Kevin Valentine does most of the drums on Psycho Circus.

* Ace Frehley's guitars/solos ONLY appears on two of the Psycho Circus songs, Into The Void (his own) and You Wanted The Best.  The rest is Tommy Thayer.

*  It's not Ace soloing on Destroyer's Sweet Pain, but rather Dick Wagner.

* Bob Ezrin wrote the classic Detroit Rock City dual guitar solo, although it is played by Ace.

* Eric Carr does not play drums on The Elder Track called I.  It's Allan Schwartzberg.

* Eric Carr plays bass guitar on the Creatures tune I Still Love You.

* The Kiss members play their own respective instruments on all the songs on the following studio albums:  Kiss, Hotter Than Hell, Dressed To Kill, Rock & Roll Over, Love Gun (in some dispute), and -- at the stern request of Paul Stanley -- their latest record Sonic Boom.  The rest have some degree of members swapping instruments, ghost musicians, guest musicians, etc....almost entirely uncredited.

* Rick Derringer and Bob Kulick play on the studio side of Alive II, except for Ace's Rocket Ride.

* Bob Kulick does all lead guitars on the "new" tracks from the Killers compilation album.

* Various songs on Hot In The Shade are actually drum machines, not because Carr couldn't cut it but to save time and money going from demos into final tracks.  So...budgetary reasons.

* Paul is the ONLY Kiss member on the song Shandi, with Tom Harper on bass, Holly Knight on keyboards, and Anton Fig on drums.  Paul does all guitar work, including the solo.

* Steve Ferris does lead guitars on the Creatures Of The Night title track.

* Rick Derringer, not Vinnie Vincent, does the guitar solo for Lick It Up's lead off track Exciter. 

* Jean Beauvoir plays bass on Asylum's Uh! All Night.

* Dick Wagner plays the guitar solo on Revenge's Everytime I Look At You, not Bruce Kulick.

It's pretty damn exhausting.

I would have never guessed KISS were like Steely Dan laugh.gif

Also, no one seems to credit derick sherinian on keyboards, who played on kiss alive 3. I'll bet ppl right on this forum will deny kiss ever used keyboards. Lol he played for cooper and dt as well...