Your job

Saint NIck

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in wireless and LOVE my job. Specifically, my firm does site acquisition and development for wireless providers - we do everything from finding raw land sites for new towers (and handling the construction aspect) to DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems, an in-building method of providing coverage) and e911 installations and testing.

I do zoning & permitting and lease prep. Our company owners are the greatest.

Oh, and if you happen to own a chunk of land and a wireless company wants to put a tower on it? Do it - you can get some seriously nice maintenance-free income for decades off that. Rents usually start at around $1500/month and go up from there, with a 3-4% increase every year.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 26 2011, 04:49 PM)
I'm still a countertop fabricator for about 10 more days. Then it's off to the mid-west to become an unemployed college student.

Happy trails!

I'm a Farmer. Starting school in August, will probably be doing both then.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 13 2011, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 13 2011, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 13 2011, 10:47 AM)
I'm a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom).

I wipe butts for a living.

There is no more noble a profession than butt wiper. notworthy.gif

yes.gif

The future is truly in their hands. smile.gif

Adding, "Professional Stain Remover" to my resume.

Also, my Dr. Seuss vocabulary is rapidly expanding. Jane I Am. I do wipe butts and remove stains. Do you have stains perhaps from Great Danes? Or maybe in your Hanes?

Kill me now.

I just got hired to work at an ice cream shop/restaurant in town. I start Friday and i'm really nervous. It's my first real job, besides pollinating for Pioneer. I hope i get free food though biggrin.gif Other than that, i'm a student in High-School with 1 more year to go! Woot Woot!

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 26 2011, 11:09 PM)

yes.gif

Also, my Dr. Seuss vocabulary is rapidly expanding. Jane I Am. I do wipe butts and remove stains. Do you have stains perhaps from Great Danes? Or maybe in your Hanes?

Kill me now.

Wait til they like Captain Underpants, SpongeBob (maybe one does already), Junie B. Jones, I Spy books and NO David!...yow. Dr. Seuss is a walk in the park.

But maybe you'll enjoy the humor in these instead of the constant social commentary of Dr. Seuss.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 27 2011, 01:09 AM)

yes.gif

Working for Bill Clinton now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/laughing1.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jun 28 2011, 10:18 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

Wait til they like Captain Underpants, SpongeBob (maybe one does already), Junie B. Jones, I Spy books and NO David!...yow. Dr. Seuss is a walk in the park.

But maybe you'll enjoy the humor in these instead of the constant social commentary of Dr. Seuss.

At least Barney seems to be mostly over with. It's my theory that the insipid purple dinosaur may have been the catalyst for some couples opting not to procreate - "But if we have a kid, we'll have to endure the Barney phase, and I'm not up for that."

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jun 28 2011, 07:18 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

The oldest never has shown any interest in SpongeBob (maybe he's too young?), but he loves all things, "NO, David!" by David Shannon. Actually, he likes anything by David Shannon. He has another book titled, "Good Boy Fergus" which we read almost every night. And, "The Rain Came Down." Shannon has written quite a few books! The oldest loves books and I'm really happy about that. He gets to choose the books we read together every night before bed and typically picks about five books. Another series he loves are the "Froggy" books, especially,"Froggy's Sleepover," says mom, looking more red in the face than green.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2011, 07:31 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

At least Barney seems to be mostly over with. It's my theory that the insipid purple dinosaur may have been the catalyst for some couples opting not to procreate - "But if we have a kid, we'll have to endure the Barney phase, and I'm not up for that."

I put the kibosh on Barney. And the Wiggles.

It's all just a little too sappy for this household. Thankfully, the oldest hates the Wiggles more than I do. The youngest however... I've caught him turning his head to stare at Wiggles commercials. I fear he may show an interest.

I am the Clinical Director for a large veterans service agency. We run programs primarily for homeless veterans: transitional housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health services, case management, job placement, etc.

I've worked there for eight years, and overall, I like it very much .

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 28 2011, 11:12 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

It's all just a little too sappy for this household. Thankfully, the oldest hates the Wiggles more than I do. The youngest however... I've caught him turning his head to stare at Wiggles commercials. I fear he may show an interest.

The Wiggles are perhaps the only uncool thing ever to come out of Australia.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 28 2011, 09:08 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

The oldest never has shown any interest in SpongeBob (maybe he's too young?), but he loves all things, "NO, David!" by David Shannon. Actually, he likes anything by David Shannon. He has another book titled, "Good Boy Fergus" which we read almost every night. And, "The Rain Came Down." Shannon has written quite a few books! The oldest loves books and I'm really happy about that. He gets to choose the books we read together every night before bed and typically picks about five books. Another series he loves are the "Froggy" books, especially,"Froggy's Sleepover," says mom, looking more red in the face than green.

Books by David Shannon don't live long on my bookshelves. I have to replace

them every year, because my students loooooooove the No David(et al) series.

I love Froggy too. Your kids have good taste, so does their Mom.

Wiggles and Barney wacko.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 28 2011, 11:08 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

My mom has "Good Boy, Fergus!"

She has a Westie. Named Fergus. Someone told her about the book and she HAD to have it!

yes.gif

Kill me now.

That garbage will never be allowed in my house when I have kids. As a matter of fact, television will be extremely limited. The Weather Channel will be the most exciting thing on.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 28 2011, 04:38 PM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

That garbage will never be allowed in my house when I have kids. As a matter of fact, television will be extremely limited. The Weather Channel will be the most exciting thing on.

Kids? Blah... Im keeping those outta the mix so I can keep watching the crap I watch without feeling guilty.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2011, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 28 2011, 11:08 AM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

My mom has "Good Boy, Fergus!"

She has a Westie. Named Fergus. Someone told her about the book and she HAD to have it!

I absolutely love the expressions on that dogs face!

One great thing about Shannon's books, aside from the fact that they take about ten seconds to read, is that they're a great book to learn how to read. My five year old can read books really well and he started with those, "No David" books. Completely built up his esteem and confidence when it came to learning how to read.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 28 2011, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 28 2011, 04:38 PM)

yes.gif

Kill me now.

Kids? Blah... Im keeping those outta the mix so I can keep watching the crap I watch without feeling guilty.

tongue.gif

I thought I was going to monitor television viewing but I find that I am more relaxed about it. The only time I get to watch tv is at night so the boys have been exposed to things like Family Guy or nature shows that some parents might think are too graphic. I found that they don't really watch and tend to go in and out of the room, play with their toys, read their books, etc.

I grew up being allowed to watch SNL and Benny Hill and I turned out normal, right?