Your job

Saint NIck

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 12 2011, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 10 2011, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 10 2011, 09:34 PM)
Rather than "venting" why not improve your circumstances?

Times haven't been hard for the past 14 years and you have had ample opportunity to look for another job/study if you had widhed to do so.

That doesn't sound like his complaint. His complaint seems to be about other folks' work ethic...or lack of one.

People quit jobs suddenly for millions of reasons. Laziness and lack of work ethic is just one.

yeah, I thought his point was pretty clear.

I understood his point, and my response remains as was.

A part of the post was refering to "doing the work of three" etc...that implies being personally affected.

You can't change other people, all you can do is change yourself...if you are surrounded by others who make life more difficult for you either by inaction or for whatever other reason then change other situation or move.

I wasn't trying to be pissy about it, just offering advice.

Edited by Fridge

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 11 2011, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 11 2011, 05:36 PM)
Hey I've seen your avatar!
Marathon, New York! laugh.gif That sign's off I-81 isn't it?

Yes, it is! The town is known for its maple festival, which was just two weekends ago.

A bunch of folks at the Rush show meetup last Friday reminded me there's a town called Rush outside of Rochester (and a Jacob's Ladder Lane in the area), so we have to make a trip there and take some more pics cool.gif

Have we ever had a thread dedicated to Rush references in towns and streets and other such things? If not, one of you guys should start one. You have a good start in these two posts. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 12 2011, 05:25 PM)

Yes, it is! The town is known for its maple festival, which was just two weekends ago.

A bunch of folks at the Rush show meetup last Friday reminded me there's a town called Rush outside of Rochester (and a Jacob's Ladder Lane in the area), so we have to make a trip there and take some more pics cool.gif

Have we ever had a thread dedicated to Rush references in towns and streets and other such things? If not, one of you guys should start one. You have a good start in these two posts. yes.gif

There's a town near Dublin named Rush.

I work at Walmart. That should say enough...ph34r.gif

I am Asst. Registrar and Veterans Services Coordinator at a small private liberal arts university. I've been at this university off and on for about 15 years (what with having babies), and in this position for almost 3 years.

I'm not really happy but it's a fairly good job. I'm probably going to have to get a Masters to keep progressing...leaning toward an MBA.

Like I have time for school.

I'm a systems analyst for a paint company. It's a really good company, and I've been there going on 7 years.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 12 2011, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2011, 01:58 PM)
I'm an asshole. smile.gif

Does that pay well? laugh.gif

Kind of shitty. smile.gif atickhum.gif

I sold my soul to the Devil, hence why I am wealthy. 1022.gif 1022.gif

But seriously, I sold my soul to the Man. And I have an editor. And sometimes I work horse shows. And other days I give violin lessons. I have work ADHD.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 11 2011, 09:11 PM)

My sister lives in Rush. She jokes that she moved there to one-up me. I used to live down the road from Marathon, NY as well. In fact, I grew up in a place called Floyd. How could I have escaped the prog?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 12 2011, 12:25 PM)

I started one in the Rush section - hope it's not too off-topic. Click here

I'm an Offshore medic aboard a Oil production platform.

I try to keep people alive when they smash themselves to bits wink.gif

I have also been known to fit in Occupational health and Saftey advice too.

I wrench on Saabs. Looking pretty sad right now .Been doing them for 28yrs and yes it sucks right now. But there are others to fix and cars are just puzzles with wheels so I if needed, I will find another brand. Sorry it wont be a US one, sad to say. Been there done that.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 12 2011, 06:20 PM)

Times haven't been hard for the past 14 years and you have had ample opportunity to look for another job/study if you had widhed to do so.

That doesn't sound like his complaint. His complaint seems to be about other folks' work ethic...or lack of one.

People quit jobs suddenly for millions of reasons. Laziness and lack of work ethic is just one.

A part of the post was refering to "doing the work of three" etc...that implies being personally affected.

You can't change other people, all you can do is change yourself...if you are surrounded by others who make life more difficult for you either by inaction or for whatever other reason then change other situation or move.

Useful advice! Ignore the fact that there's a recession and the job market is as buoyant as a lead flagpole...

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 13 2011, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 12 2011, 06:20 PM)

Useful advice! Ignore the fact that there's a recession and the job market is as buoyant as a lead flagpole...

When did I say ignore it?

I never once said that you are always going to be able to change your circumstances...sometimes you have no choice but to live with what you have for a while.

that's not to say you shouldn't be on the lookout though.

Besides, you can still do something about it...I made sure I had qualifications which are always going to be in demand regardless of the economy.

Edited by Fridge

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 13 2011, 02:20 AM)

Ah.

btw, I didn't think you were being pissy. I just tacked it on to "Fridge's general rawness" pokey.gif

But yeah your point is valid but I think the dude just needed to vent for a minute. Unappreciated, overworked, and all that shit...we've all been there.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 12 2011, 04:17 PM)

Shouldn't you have posted this in the 'Are You a Guru at Anything' Thread? wink.gif

Well...I don't want to brag. No one likes an arrogant jerk. That would make me a bigger asshole, and thus a showoff. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2011, 08:54 PM)

Shouldn't you have posted this in the 'Are You a Guru at Anything' Thread? wink.gif

Well...I don't want to brag. No one likes an arrogant jerk. That would make me a bigger asshole, and thus a showoff. atickhum.gif

notworthy.gif You are as wise as you are an asshole notworthy.gif

Some might even see fit to call you "wise ass" trink39.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 13 2011, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2011, 08:54 PM)

notworthy.gif You are as wise as you are an asshole notworthy.gif

Some might even see fit to call you "wise ass" trink39.gif

blush4.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 13 2011, 11:38 AM)
But yeah your point is valid but I think the dude just needed to vent for a minute. Unappreciated, overworked, and all that shit...we've all been there.
trink39.gif

Very true.

With that in mind, perhaps my post was a little uneccessary...sorry OP

trink39.gif