Your job

Saint NIck

What kind of work do you do, and how long have you been at your present employer?

I started at my present job back in March of '95 as a delivery helper at a copier machine company. At the time I thought my salary was a gold mine.

Fast forward to present day; I've been the main delivery driver for practically 14 years and during that time many people were hired to help; some of those quit, a few were fired.

One of those who quit was the driver for our other location 60 miles west. The new-guy did damn good work, but attendance started to become a factor and one day just up & quit with no notice.

Yes I'm venting; and yes I'm asking my Rush-friends here what you think? If I beat my drum, so be it; I'm proud of my work ethic.

I know times are hard for some and I'm very fortunate to have employment at this company. I enjoy & take pride in doing my job, and some of the times I'm the first representative of my company to our new customers.

Even if I feel like shit, I still show up every day on time; get my assignments done on time. I'm reliable, dependable and I feel I deserve more. I'm one person doing the work of 3.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than "venting" why not improve your circumstances?

Times haven't been hard for the past 14 years and you have had ample opportunity to look for another job/study if you had widhed to do so.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 10 2011, 09:34 PM)

Times haven't been hard for the past 14 years and you have had ample opportunity to look for another job/study if you had widhed to do so.

That doesn't sound like his complaint. His complaint seems to be about other folks' work ethic...or lack of one.

People quit jobs suddenly for millions of reasons. Laziness and lack of work ethic is just one.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 10 2011, 12:04 PM)
I work to support my family.

Plus you have this high-paying gig as TRF moderator. wink.gif

I'm a third year apprentice starship mechanic/tech.

I used to repair Corellian Freighters and loved it. But now, after my transfer to the death star, they stuck me as lazer engineer and I hate it.

Unfortunately, I'm not working at the moment (my car is back home in NC in my father's garage and only have 1.5 years left to pay it off and right now have lack of funds, but that's another story).

I'm going to grad school to become an architect.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 10 2011, 07:34 AM)

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/PeartRules/tumblr_litkzaldnn1qghlk1o1_500.jpg

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 10 2011, 01:24 PM)
I'm in school to learn how to rub people the right way

All your posts are so suggestive laugh.gif

Let's see if this post can send in less than 15 minutes (crappy Times Square public Wi-Fi)

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 10 2011, 11:23 AM)
I used to repair Corellian Freighters and loved it. But now, after my transfer to the death star, they stuck me as lazer engineer and I hate it.

You might want to request another transfer. I've read technical manuals on those death stars, and their exhaust ports have some serious design flaws....not safe at all.....

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 10 2011, 12:00 PM)

Let's see if this post can send in less than 15 minutes (crappy Times Square public Wi-Fi)

tongue.gif

Can you tell it's Spring? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 10 2011, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 10 2011, 12:00 PM)

tongue.gif

Can you tell it's Spring? laugh.gif

What's your excuse in the summer, fall and winter? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Saint NIck @ Apr 10 2011, 07:01 AM)
I'm one person doing the work of 3.

This is exactly my situation right now. And I've been vocal about others lack of effort and so far it has fallen on deaf ears.

Thus, I am on the look again..

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 10 2011, 10:10 PM)
Bank teller, 2 1/2 years. I do have some cool customers, including a few who've noticed my Rush pics and now engage me in conversation about them, but I've mostly a pride of purpose in the unrewarding job.

Hey I've seen your avatar!

Marathon, New York! laugh.gif That sign's off I-81 isn't it?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 10 2011, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 10 2011, 09:34 PM)

That doesn't sound like his complaint. His complaint seems to be about other folks' work ethic...or lack of one.

People quit jobs suddenly for millions of reasons. Laziness and lack of work ethic is just one.

yeah, I thought his point was pretty clear.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 11 2011, 05:36 PM)

Yes, it is! The town is known for its maple festival, which was just two weekends ago.

A bunch of folks at the Rush show meetup last Friday reminded me there's a town called Rush outside of Rochester (and a Jacob's Ladder Lane in the area), so we have to make a trip there and take some more pics cool.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 11 2011, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 11 2011, 05:36 PM)

Yes, it is! The town is known for its maple festival, which was just two weekends ago.

A bunch of folks at the Rush show meetup last Friday reminded me there's a town called Rush outside of Rochester (and a Jacob's Ladder Lane in the area), so we have to make a trip there and take some more pics cool.gif

I've been to Rush, NY! yes.gif PhilCastro lives in Rochester and I saw it while visiting with him biggrin.gif

I really wanted to steal the sign off the highway that said "RUSH" laugh.gif