**Attention All Hot Girls**

-D-RocK-

I saw a similar thing on what marriage does to hot girls and hot men. Aparently a ring on the finger and getting a life sentence means gaining 300 lbs as well.

More than just food can do that. Stress, time to exercise, changing metabolism, new medications.. Every case is different.

Bu I've heard as one grows older it gets harder to lose weight. Oi. But I miss being 14 and being able to eat everything in sight and still look like a stick.

Guys really do have it easier, higher metabolisms and it being easier to lose weight and all! I envy you!!

I find it kind of funny nonetheless how society puts so much emphasis on women being "thin and beautiful", which causes stress, which can often cause overeating and unhealthy habits, which can lead to rapid weight gain..? Just food for thought (no pun intended).

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2011, 10:53 PM)
I saw a similar thing on what marriage does to hot girls and hot men. Aparently a ring on the finger and getting a life sentence means gaining 300 lbs as well.

Life sentence heh? You act like getting married is equal to the electric chair laugh.gif It's just a special thing couples do to let eachother know "im with you forever" and it's nice. I look forward to getting married to my special one wub.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 9 2011, 04:50 PM)

Life sentence heh? You act like getting married is equal to the electric chair laugh.gif It's just a special thing couples do to let eachother know "im with you forever" and it's nice. I look forward to getting married to my special one wub.gif

You sap tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 9 2011, 08:17 PM)

You sap tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Someone's gotta be sappy. Otherwise we wouldn't stick together! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 9 2011, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 9 2011, 08:17 PM)

You sap tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Someone's gotta be sappy. Otherwise we wouldn't stick together! tongue.gif

That's true. I guess Im the sap and he's the wood.

tongue.gif

Are you telling me that I am no longer 'hot' because I do not weight 110 pounds anymore???

You presumptuous, superficial twit angry.gif

It helps to not have kids. I don't just mean baby weight, and I'm not knocking parenthood at all. But in a childless marriage you have more time free to take care of yourself.

I'm fortunate to be married to someone who's pretty athletic himself (it's his job, for one thing). And yes, we are child-free.

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 10 2011, 11:51 AM)
Are you telling me that I am no longer 'hot' because I do not weight 110 pounds anymore???
You presumptuous, superficial twit angry.gif

Uh....excuse me?

I don't recall saying ANYTHING to you.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2011, 07:53 PM)

So... crap... does this mean I was never hot to begin with?

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 10 2011, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2011, 07:53 PM)

So... crap... does this mean I was never hot to begin with?

Nah

You're still DAMN hot Janie! tongue.gif

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 10 2011, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 10 2011, 11:51 AM)
You presumptuous, superficial twit  angry.gif

Uh....excuse me?

I don't recall saying ANYTHING to you.

oh, well ,excuuuuuse me... I thought you called out to the attention of all 'hot girls' (which, btw, I have more than once been described during my lifetime, therefore, answering you call out) and then proceeded to make some sort of statement about weight gain as having an importance in defining a woman's (or are you really into 'girls'?) status in society.

So, what is the real point of your post? hmmmm?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 10 2011, 09:00 PM)
Well logically speaking, I don't think that considering the content of the link that was posted the words "hot boys" in the title was appropriate seeing as there were no before and after photos of hot boys.

More to my point. As I see it, the post is just another illustration as to what a certain segment of society deems as the 'acceptable' physical image of a woman. And, to refer women as 'girls' is also an a bit of a put down, in my very personal opinion. But, that is my '70's feminist upbringing shining through, I suppose.

Am I truly missing the meaning and intent of the post and link? I certainly do not interpret it to be about the dangers of eating junk food as it seems to be directed at a certain segment of the audience.

The point of this topic is: Eating poor quality food coupled with a sedentary lifestyle is very detrimental to one's health and well being.

If you are overweight and/or obese you have the power to change that. Get off your ass, put away the Haagen Dazs and start making the right choices.

There are no excuses.

To anyone who has taken this post personally: clearly you have other serious issues that need to be addressed.

Good day.

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 11 2011, 05:36 AM)
Well logically speaking, I don't think that considering the content of the link that was posted the words "hot boys" in the title was appropriate seeing as there were no before and after photos of hot boys.

More to my point. As I see it, the post is just another illustration as to what a certain segment of society deems as the 'acceptable' physical image of a woman. And, to refer women as 'girls' is also an a bit of a put down, in my very personal opinion. But, that is my '70's feminist upbringing shining through, I suppose.

Am I truly missing the meaning and intent of the post and link? I certainly do not interpret it to be about the dangers of eating junk food as it seems to be directed at a certain segment of the audience.

Not really on-topic here, but I'm in my early 40's and don't mind being called a "girl" or a "chick", even.

I don't like being referred to as a "woman", because it makes me feel old. old.gif

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2011, 08:09 AM)

Not really on-topic here, but I'm in my early 40's and don't mind being called a "girl" or a "chick", even.

I don't like being referred to as a "woman", because it makes me feel old. old.gif

Good point woman. tongue.gif

Im edging into my late 20s this year so being called a "girl" is still pretty ok with me.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 11 2011, 09:51 AM)
The point of this topic is: Eating poor quality food coupled with a sedentary lifestyle is very detrimental to one's health and well being.

If you are overweight and/or obese you have the power to change that. Get off your ass, put away the Haagen Dazs and start making the right choices.

There are no excuses.

To anyone who has taken this post personally: clearly you have other serious issues that need to be addressed.

Good day.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 11 2011, 08:51 AM)

There are no excuses.

Good day.

...Barring, I assume, certain eating disorders and digestive disease and medications which can severely lower metabolism, such as Tegretol? Such medical conditions are often genetic and treatable no other way. There also exists an eating disorder when the brain never recognizes when the stomach is full, so those affected never know when to stop eating (Prader-Willi Syndrome).

Tendinitis and Fibromyalgia can also lead to problems when one is trying to get more exercise. There have been accomplished athletes forced to give it up because of fibromyalgia.

My point is, can you ever really judge because you don't know the circumstances behind the weight gain? Sure, there are a lot of lazy people out there who aren't taking care of themselves, but for others it's a constant battle. My mother used to run five miles a day and was on a Weight Watchers diet, but could barely lose a pound a week when she started taking certain medications which slowed her metabolism way down. Just for example.

These may be, and likely are, the minority of cases, but like I said: Try not to judge.

My niece was born to a chubby 5'5" Italian/German mother (my sister) and a 6'4" very stocky (now very chubby) German father. My niece was BORN stocky and chubby; she is now 17 years old, 5'7", and she is stocky and chubby (and a bit overweight). She will most probably never be able to slim down to "acceptable levels".....whatever that means.

There ARE valid reasons for people to be overweight. Genetics are a valid reason.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2011, 07:09 AM)

I far prefer being called a "girl" or "chick" to ma'am.

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 11 2011, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2011, 07:09 AM)

I far prefer being called a "girl" or "chick" to ma'am.

No shit. If someone calls me "ma'am", I correct them immediately: "Please don't call me that. It makes me feel old." This can be a little bit of an uphill battle in the south.

Members of the military get a pass as it's SO ingrained in them to say "ma'am" and "sir".

I'd almost rather someone say "yo, bitch" to me rather than call me "ma'am".