Heshey PA

ucsteve667

The only thing that disappointed me was the freakin' rain and rush-hour traffic in Allentown. Oh, and the 1/4 mile walk to the bathroom in the parking lot.

Everything looked good and sounded good from Section 105 row G. The crowd was much more energetic than at Allentown last August. Eveybody was dancing and singing at the top of their lungs. It was good to see a full house. We stood most of the show.

The boys seemed to enjoy themselves, I thought Neil was making his best effort, he's never disappointed me in any show. He seemed like he was into it, very powerful, very smooth.

This was the first time seeing them indoors since 1984. Some outdoor arenas are horrible acoustically, but I enjoyed the sound better at Allentown last August. But the Giant Center took me right back to my old party days at the Spectrum.

We thought the concert was great and everyone had a blast.

Agreed the crowd was good. I saw them 3 times in 2010 and at all three shows (maybe not pnc) the crowd seemed dead. last night the crowd really appreciated the show. the cheers and clapping etc. were good.

The band did seem a little dead in the beginning, but after two songs they really got into it and i think they felt the crowd. geddy acknowledged the crowd a lot. he and alex feed off a good crowd.

the sound where i was (7th row floor) wasnt as good as other shows (could barely hear the bass at some points, drums overpowered everything at one point), but geddys vocs were great and alex really hit a lot of the notes in his solos great. a lot of feeling in the songs.

a few mistakes and a few sound issues, but all in all a great show. and i think they enjoyed it a lot

hope you all had fun

lets do it again at msg tomorrow...

QUOTE (pony2112 @ Apr 9 2011, 08:41 AM)
Hershey is not the big of a city, where did all of the fans come from? How big was the crowd?

fans came from the same place they always do...everywhere

I came from central jersey. met a few people who came from ithica, ny.

since they are only doing a few shows in each area this time, people for hershey came from all of pa, nj, ny, and everywhere else. maybe even 1 or 2 from hershey.

I live 5 minutes away....took me 25 to get home!!!!

Crowd was pretty decent....I'm guessing it sold out?!?!

I thought the band played a GOOD early show, and that Alex was having a great night! Seeing that it was like the 4th or 5th show of the tour, I wasn't really expecting mid-tour form, but thought that they are getting their chops up, and played really well!

Listening to the show as I type (it's already over on Dime)

Just got back to Syracuse, New York from Hershey this afternoon - had a great time! Thanks to Digital Rivendell, A-CELL-OF-AWARENESS, and Lance The Shred from Rush Is A Band, Barb from Facebook, Rushchick10 from here/FB, Natural Scientist75 from here, and some others whose names I forget for saying hi and chatting at the Red Robin and lessening the embarrassment of being the newbies in the crowd (our second show)!

The show was awesome from the 17th row Geddy's side - sounded great! What a treat to see Geddy looking so smiley and happy, Alex's funny faces, and Neil's proud determination at such high levels smile.gif Some highlights: Geddy knowing that everyone had their phones out videoing the bridge in Freewill and giving a look and vocal performance that clearly said "Hell YEAH I'm gonna nail it"! The "GOOOOO NEEEEEIL!" that swelled from the crowd as Love For Sale reached the end - you could tell he heard it and how emotional it was. I nearly sniffled...okay I did. Caravan totally reminded me how and why I became a Rush fan. AND...last but not least...WE GOT THE CYGNUS ENDING on Working Man!!! Why was I the only one around my seat screaming?!?

Camera situation was a bummer...I borrowed a smaller point and shoot because I was afraid to bring mine in. Wish I thought I could have, because the other camera wasn't up to the task and I only got decent pics of the starman.

Bought some new merch - black girly tee, button & sticker packs, socks, lanyard, and I forgot to buy the poster on the end! It kills me 'cause Rush Backstage doesn't have it!

Soooo wish I was getting to another show this tour (maybe if I win the Austin sweepstakes on Rush Backstage)! If I don't see any of you before then, hopefully we'll meet again next year! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Carrie (and Dan, aka the Rush Education Project) smile.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

Some of our thoughts on Fridays show, as well as a few of my own self indulgences up now at

MY SHOW-RUSH To Judgements

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v363/212/21/535283122/n535283122_1048779_1720.jpg

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Apr 10 2011, 08:37 AM)
Some of our thoughts on Fridays show, as well as a few of my own self indulgences up now at
MY SHOW-RUSH To Judgements
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v363/212/21/535283122/n535283122_1048779_1720.jpg

fixed, sorta

Edited by ucsteve667

downloading your show, now...

erhmmmm, Pennsyltucky?

Great place to grow up, live and even raise kids, ya know. I'm proud to be from the heart of Penn's Woods wink.gif

Edited by summer_sky

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 10 2011, 09:40 AM)
erhmmmm, Pennsyltucky?
Great place to grow up, live and even raise kids, ya know. I'm proud to be from the heart of Penn's Woods wink.gif

thanks, and forgive my 39 yrs of Jersey Humor in the great state of my 6 time championship Steelers. But some of the folk around here are rather interesting to say the least

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Apr 10 2011, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 10 2011, 09:40 AM)
erhmmmm, Pennsyltucky?
Great place to grow up, live and even raise kids, ya know. I'm proud to be from the heart of Penn's Woods  wink.gif

thanks, and forgive my 39 yrs of Jersey Humor in the great state of my 6 time championship Steelers. But some of the folk around here are rather interesting to say the least

ooooh, Jersey boy brave enough to cross the river to Bushkill, eh? 'nuff said tongue.gif

Loving the opening of your podcast and it ain't even RUSH, yet! Off to do some stuff while listening to your podcast smile.gif

benn editing/posting the rest of our conversation. this is more of a talk radio type show but i try to spice em up a bit musically as well

The Great Debate on the Road with RUSH

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13640_196597005119_130605255119_4428777_6702042_n.jpg

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Apr 10 2011, 07:01 PM)
benn editing/posting the rest of our conversation. this is more of a talk radio type show but i try to spice em up a bit musically as well
The Great Debate on the Road with RUSH
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13640_196597005119_130605255119_4428777_6702042_n.jpg

Was a great show (as usual). Great new perspective for me being in row 11. A couple questions though.

1) Forget which song but sounded like Geddy forgot the lyrics, looked over at him and he moved away from the mic and looked like he was cussing or something. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

2) Were there tech issues during Neil's solo when he switched to the electonic drums? Was watching him play and wasn't hearing much. Either that or the samples were really soft. Solo seemed a lot different from the first leg of tour.

QUOTE (DigitalDan @ Apr 11 2011, 11:23 AM)
Was a great show (as usual). Great new perspective for me being in row 11. A couple questions though.

1) Forget which song but sounded like Geddy forgot the lyrics, looked over at him and he moved away from the mic and looked like he was cussing or something. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

2) Were there tech issues during Neil's solo when he switched to the electonic drums? Was watching him play and wasn't hearing much. Either that or the samples were really soft. Solo seemed a lot different from the first leg of tour.

Im thinkin maybe being so close, and the electronics really dont have ambient sound to go with the PA, it might seem lacking that close up. I didnt notice anything a miss so to speak. But I was buzzing pretty good at that point

QUOTE (DigitalDan @ Apr 11 2011, 11:23 AM)

I thought he missed one line it was either Presto or Marathon, it was early in the show.. I wasn't sure and then I couldn't remember which one it was. It was in a verse, not a chorus.