Front Row Dilemma: What would you wear?

vprtrls

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 7 2011, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (Ozy @ Apr 7 2011, 05:55 PM)
I wore my RASH tshirt to the Nashville when I was front row.  Geddy looked at me and I pointed to it and he gave me a thumbs up.

1022.gif

THAT is cool!

He had on the RASH shirt too for the first set. He changed to a GeFilter shirt for the second half.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 7 2011, 11:46 AM)
i'm wearing flip flpos, a thong and a cut off t-shirt to toledo- i'll be easy to spot. cool10.gif

Damnit, H & K, do you have have to make me any more jealous about missing that show than I already am? 2funny.gif

I just finished polishing my nails in metallic copper that matches the jewelry I got to go with my blue girly Trees tee that I bought at the show only last year (hey, I've only been to one show, cut me some slack)! At least no one will have a Rush hoodie quite like mine.

So, I say dress in layers...all Rush. Works for me tongue.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Apr 7 2011, 11:36 AM)
I must be turning into a fanboi from hanging out here 653.gif . I've been waiting 30 years to be in the front row center like I will be for the Toledo show next Wednesday April 13th (thanks to Rush Pre-Sale). Usually I don't give a hoot what I wear, but obviously this is no doubt going to be a special night cool10.gif . I don't want to be a distraction to the band by wearing a day glo orange shirt or a rainbow wig. I am leaning towards my Rush R30 baseball jersey or the one with the Bunny and the stars from Presto I believe...or should I go a completly different direction. What would you wear if you were up front? 2.gif

YOU SHOULD WEAR A SHIRT THAT SAYS "BOOTLEGGER"

QUOTE (30kwpa @ Apr 7 2011, 05:24 PM)
Wear a "fat suit" like Alex and sneak in your girl or boyfriend(s). Or maybe some illegals to fetch your concessions and empty your stadium pal. Or maybe a black t-shirt that says I Just Peed Myself in hot pink or glow in the dark stuff. Maybe where a Elvis-like sequined suit and a Limbaugh mask. Just go naked with a red encircled star sandwich board. Just have someone paint cloths on you. Maybe a nice striped deal like The Cat in The Hat or a skyline of your town or your fav RUSH lp cover like Pink Floyd did (Back Catalog). How about a top hat with a cake in it and sparklers. Or edible nachos bowl hat complete with salsa, guacamole and queso. How about getting a nice sausage costume and safety pinning mustard packets and other condiments all over it. If close to Easter, you could nail yourself to a cross. Nah... better not. How about a nice outfit made of aluminum can pop top / pull tabs... A cobra hat with an arrow through it. No, thats last tour. I'd wear a red and white checker board table cloth and staple several types of frozen pizza slices to it with a blue grass skirt, rainbow leg warmers, cutoff Gene Simmons boots, those neck stretching rings and a golden took with Oscar Mayer weenie whistles all over it. But probably depending on the weather, black sweats and black sneakers or a dark blue tank top, grey shorts with pockets, a white beach/fishing hat and UNC Tar Heels flip flops. Just sayin'.....

OMG...thanks for the laugh dude. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 7 2011, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 7 2011, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 7 2011, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Apr 7 2011, 12:20 PM)
wear another band shirt. douchey to wear fanboi attire.

Agreed. As a rule of thumb, I generally don't wear a shirt of the band I'm going to see.

If you do wear a Rush shirt, make sure it is a shirt that looks well loved and worn for many years as opposed to something that looks like you bought yesterday.

I didn't wear a Rush shirt this past tour, but I have done so in the past. It's always been a shirt from at least two tours prior; certainly never swag from the current one. If you show up in your thinning and seriously faded HYF shirt, that's cool.

Definitely! Other Rush fans love to comment about old Rush shirts.

Mmm, yup. I was oogling at all the "cool people" who were walking into the venue with old, fading Rush t-shirts which had obviously gotten a lot of love. There were a lot of, "Oh my gosh, a HEMISPHERES t-shirt! That's so awesome! Oh look! 2112! I want that! Oh look at his shirt, and hers, and his, and.."

Yeah. I didn't wear a Rush t-shirt 'cause I didn't own one. I wore some shiny, rainbow-y guitar shirt, music note earrings, a denim mini, teal leggings.. (Yeah, I know, "What was I thinking? That I was going to a Lady Gaga concert?") My dad wore some random guitar t-shirt. He has like a million. Can't really go wrong with a neutral, music-related something.

In your case I'd say go with the Presto shirt. I think that'd be cool. I mean everyone's got the 2112 and the MP and the tour shirt, that's pretty standard, but why not stand out a little..?

Since R30 I have been wearing my R30 baseball jersey, cause it's the coolest damn RUSH swag I own. (so anyone looking for me at MSG, that'll be what I'm wearing...and maybe a tiara...being a Queen and all, I want to be easy to spot)

Now, the dilemma. Wear jeans and a RUSH t-shirt AND a rainbow wig. Gotta stand out somehow.

I have my time machine jersey

I made up a t-shirt with the rush logo and my solar federalist badge

then there's the rush/salvador dali/southpark jersey I made that I wore to the PNC show that got pretty much destroyed in the dryer

I may wear my Brooklyn Dodgers jersey, cause Ged likes baseball, not that he's going to see me in the 200 section -

I'd wear my pajamas but I wouldn't want to be arrested or mistaken for a homeless person and be thrown out of the show -

either wear what you want to be comfortable in or be as ridiculous as you want to be. I wish I was you.

and thank you for reminding me bring my comfortable shoes home from work to wear on sunday laugh.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (30kwpa @ Apr 7 2011, 05:24 PM)
Wear a "fat suit" like Alex and sneak in your girl or boyfriend(s). Or maybe some illegals to fetch your concessions and empty your stadium pal. Or maybe a black t-shirt that says I Just Peed Myself in hot pink or glow in the dark stuff. Maybe where a Elvis-like sequined suit and a Limbaugh mask. Just go naked with a red encircled star sandwich board. Just have someone paint cloths on you. Maybe a nice striped deal like The Cat in The Hat or a skyline of your town or your fav RUSH lp cover like Pink Floyd did (Back Catalog). How about a top hat with a cake in it and sparklers. Or edible nachos bowl hat complete with salsa, guacamole and queso. How about getting a nice sausage costume and safety pinning mustard packets and other condiments all over it. If close to Easter, you could nail yourself to a cross. Nah... better not. How about a nice outfit made of aluminum can pop top / pull tabs... A cobra hat with an arrow through it. No, thats last tour. I'd wear a red and white checker board table cloth and staple several types of frozen pizza slices to it with a blue grass skirt, rainbow leg warmers, cutoff Gene Simmons boots, those neck stretching rings and a golden took with Oscar Mayer weenie whistles all over it. But probably depending on the weather, black sweats and black sneakers or a dark blue tank top, grey shorts with pockets, a white beach/fishing hat and UNC Tar Heels flip flops. Just sayin'.....

goodpost.gif

Wear this!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

QUOTE (30kwpa @ Apr 7 2011, 06:24 PM)

Holy CRAP! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Backstreet Boys T-Shirt ripped off at the midrif (add a belly button ring) and gingham pedal pushers with high heels! Hair in bunches and LOADS of make up! biggrin.gif Edited by Shirley

Had another thought:

Copy what Neil's wearing exactly. Right down to the shoes and the hat and the headphones.

Bonus points for bringing an obnoxiously large sign that says, "I'M YOUR TWIN, NEIL!" and holding it up aalll night.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 9 2011, 07:14 PM)
Had another thought:
Copy what Neil's wearing exactly. Right down to the shoes and the hat and the headphones.
Bonus points for bringing an obnoxiously large sign that says, "I'M YOUR TWIN, NEIL!" and holding it up aalll night.
tongue.gif

that's the best idea i've ever heard.

it's funny... i never wear the shirt of the band i'm going to see except for Rush shows. weird, come to think of it.

i'll be wearing my lovingly worn Fly By Night shirt that i bought at the poster/headshop/tshirt shop back in high school.