Front Row Dilemma: What would you wear?

vprtrls

I must be turning into a fanboi from hanging out here 653.gif . I've been waiting 30 years to be in the front row center like I will be for the Toledo show next Wednesday April 13th (thanks to Rush Pre-Sale). Usually I don't give a hoot what I wear, but obviously this is no doubt going to be a special night cool10.gif . I don't want to be a distraction to the band by wearing a day glo orange shirt or a rainbow wig. I am leaning towards my Rush R30 baseball jersey or the one with the Bunny and the stars from Presto I believe...or should I go a completly different direction. What would you wear if you were up front? 2.gif Edited by vprtrls

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people are nicer here than a few years ago on another forum.

One of the memebers posted about going to her first Rush show and got blasted for being worried about what she would look like at the show.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 7 2011, 11:41 AM)
I hope people are nicer here than a few years ago on another forum.

One of the memebers posted about going to her first Rush show and got blasted for being worried about what she would look like at the show.

seriously? " what should i wear??"

what is this place a freaking high school girls club? biggrin.gif

wear a shirt and pants, shoes, socks, uderwear (unless you prefer commando) and enjoy front row!

alex/ged have a few other things to think about during a show.

i'm wearing flip flpos, a thong and a cut off t-shirt to toledo- i'll be easy to spot. cool10.gif

Besides dressing for comfort, I don't think it matters.

I suppose if you're female and want a lot of pictures and comments about yourself all over the Rush forums you could wear something revealing. confused13.gif

QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Apr 7 2011, 12:20 PM)
wear another band shirt. douchey to wear fanboi attire.

Agreed. As a rule of thumb, I generally don't wear a shirt of the band I'm going to see.

If you do wear a Rush shirt, make sure it is a shirt that looks well loved and worn for many years as opposed to something that looks like you bought yesterday.

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Apr 7 2011, 09:36 AM)
I must be turning into a fanboi from hanging out here 653.gif . I've been waiting 30 years to be in the front row center like I will be for the Toledo show next Wednesday April 13th (thanks to Rush Pre-Sale). Usually I don't give a hoot what I wear, but obviously this is no doubt going to be a special night cool10.gif . I don't want to be a distraction to the band by wearing a day glo orange shirt or a rainbow wig. I am leaning towards my Rush R30 baseball jersey or the one with the Bunny and the stars from Presto I believe...or should I go a completly different direction. What would you wear if you were up front? 2.gif

"What would I wear" is completely different than what should you wear. I'm a girl and have the hots for Alex so I would be wearing whatever I think would get Alex's attention.

My advice to you is to wear whatever Rush shirt you're most comfortable in. A guy can't go wrong with a good Rush shirt and pair of jeans.

Enjoy your front row show and snap some pics for us. smile.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 7 2011, 01:39 PM)

Agreed. As a rule of thumb, I generally don't wear a shirt of the band I'm going to see.

If you do wear a Rush shirt, make sure it is a shirt that looks well loved and worn for many years as opposed to something that looks like you bought yesterday.

I didn't wear a Rush shirt this past tour, but I have done so in the past. It's always been a shirt from at least two tours prior; certainly never swag from the current one. If you show up in your thinning and seriously faded HYF shirt, that's cool.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 7 2011, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 7 2011, 01:39 PM)

I didn't wear a Rush shirt this past tour, but I have done so in the past. It's always been a shirt from at least two tours prior; certainly never swag from the current one. If you show up in your thinning and seriously faded HYF shirt, that's cool.

Definitely! Other Rush fans love to comment about old Rush shirts.

Definitely wear a Justin Bieber or Jonas Brothers concert shirt. Get one over-nighted if you have to.

But seriously, just before you leave for the show, lay out all of your graphic t-shirts and select the one that best reflects your current mood. You can't go wrong with that.

sarcasm.gif

Edited by -Ender-

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Apr 7 2011, 09:36 AM)
I must be turning into a fanboi from hanging out here 653.gif . I've been waiting 30 years to be in the front row center like I will be for the Toledo show next Wednesday April 13th (thanks to Rush Pre-Sale). Usually I don't give a hoot what I wear, but obviously this is no doubt going to be a special night cool10.gif . I don't want to be a distraction to the band by wearing a day glo orange shirt or a rainbow wig. I am leaning towards my Rush R30 baseball jersey or the one with the Bunny and the stars from Presto I believe...or should I go a completly different direction. What would you wear if you were up front? 2.gif

If you have been waiting 30 years for this, I say wear whateverthefuck you want!! You paid for the ticket!! You want to wear what's going to add to your fun, even if it is an uber dorky graphic T-shirt!

I have to agree with those who said go with something other than a Rush shirt.

I imagine a scene in the limo on the way back to the hotel where Geddy leans over to Alex and says,

"Hey Al, did you happen to see the guy in the front row, third seat from the aisle wearing the Rush shirt, wasn't that cool?"

Seriously, dress comfortable, wear whatever suits you the day of the show and have a great time...front row will be the Rush experience of your life!

Don't forget to post back about your experience!

~Cheers, RGLT

If you want to get noticed, either wear a Rush shirt from 30 years ago, OR wear one of your favourite non-band/major logo shirts. TBH, I'm going to be wearing either my MP shirt from last year or my Alice Cooper tour shirt from the tour 3 years ago.

Why not be different and wear a fine tuxedo?

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp252/ameerakeyz/tuxedo.jpg

I don't see anytthing wrong with wearing a band's gear to one of their shows. I know some would disagree, but I don't see it as a whole lot different than wearing a Harley shirt when you're riding your Harley or sporting a Dodgers shirt at a game at Chavez Ravine or......

Speaking of riding, I am riding the 4+ hours from Vancouver, WA east to the 7/3 Rush show at The Gorge. I decided I would wear my T4E tour T-shirt on the ride over because it has the word "RUSH" in the largest letters on the back of any of my Rush shirts and I want people to know where I'm headed and expect I'll get some thumbs ups on the way over there that morning (assuming the weather is warm enough to ride a motorcycle in just a T-shirt......a bit of an assumption on the west side of the mountains, even in early July.) Will be wearing a white GUP shirt while at that show as it is likely to be hot at the venue that day. Also will be wearing a black, lightning TM shirt from last year at the Portland show on 6/28 cuz the gf thinks it looks the best of all my Rush shirts (along with the red S&A one).

Psh you just wanted to brag about your front-row seat tongue.gif

If I were up there, though, I would probably wear a Freddy Gruber T-shirt wink.gif Neil would find that interesting laugh.gif

Wear a "fat suit" like Alex and sneak in your girl or boyfriend(s). Or maybe some illegals to fetch your concessions and empty your stadium pal. Or maybe a black t-shirt that says I Just Peed Myself in hot pink or glow in the dark stuff. Maybe where a Elvis-like sequined suit and a Limbaugh mask. Just go naked with a red encircled star sandwich board. Just have someone paint cloths on you. Maybe a nice striped deal like The Cat in The Hat or a skyline of your town or your fav RUSH lp cover like Pink Floyd did (Back Catalog). How about a top hat with a cake in it and sparklers. Or edible nachos bowl hat complete with salsa, guacamole and queso. How about getting a nice sausage costume and safety pinning mustard packets and other condiments all over it. If close to Easter, you could nail yourself to a cross. Nah... better not. How about a nice outfit made of aluminum can pop top / pull tabs... A cobra hat with an arrow through it. No, thats last tour. I'd wear a red and white checker board table cloth and staple several types of frozen pizza slices to it with a blue grass skirt, rainbow leg warmers, cutoff Gene Simmons boots, those neck stretching rings and a golden took with Oscar Mayer weenie whistles all over it. But probably depending on the weather, black sweats and black sneakers or a dark blue tank top, grey shorts with pockets, a white beach/fishing hat and UNC Tar Heels flip flops. Just sayin'.....