Game of Thrones

Code Red

Can't wait for this!!!

I'm also excited because Dame Diana Rigg (Emma Peel from 60's TV series The Avengers) will be joining the cast as Lady Olenna, “The Queen of Thorns.”

Edited by Your_Lion

Just got caught up after watching the entire 2nd season on Blu-Ray this weekend and watching the first episode of this season. I have to say, it is VERY compelling television. My only complaint is that I cannot watch it with my teenage daughter due to the graphic sexual scenes. I haven't read the books, so I am not sure if the graphic nature of those scenes are required to tell the story, but it is disappointing that I can't share this great show with my daughter.

All I can say about the ending of tonight's episode is ..... "Ouch!"

Ya gotta hand it to Jamie though...at least he let the bad guys lay a finger or get too touchy feely with Brienne. They barely laid a hand on her...Good work Jamie, you deserve a round of applause.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan
  • Like 2

This twitter is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

Spoilers, obviously.

Damn, people really take this show seriously don't they? ;) Why are they pissed at the writers of the show? I haven't read the books but from what I understand the show is very true to what happens in the novels. I didn't have a problem with what happened at all. When the Red Wedding first started, I said "oh shit" and then by the end of it I thought "damn that was good". It's scenes like this that make the show worth watching. We sit through so many boring, nothing happening moments and characters in this show it's great to see the action and drama pick up when they have stuff like this happen. You would think after what happened to Ned Stark in the first season viewers would be prepared for anything with this show. I know that's what I learned from that.

All I can say about the ending of tonight's episode is ..... "Ouch!"

This was the first episode of Game of Thrones that I watched. People have been telling me it is a really good series, so last Sunday night I was channel surfing, came across Game of Thrones and decided to see what it was about.

Being new to the series, it was hard to follow exactly what was going on. Nevertheless, by the final brutal ending, my reaction was: "wow, that kicked serious ass."

Since then, I have borrowed a friends collection of episodes and am trying to catch up, starting with the first episode. Have watched the first seven episodes so far. Eager to watch some more this weekend.

Lots of good scenes in those first 7 episodes, but I think my favorite scene of all so far was when Dany's obnoxious brother received his "Golden Crown" -- lol he thoroughly deserved that.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Got to say that last episode had me on the edge of my seat , mouth opened !

What a series , what a show , what the hell is going to happen next week !

This is television at it`s best . :notworthy:

By the way , I dont go on Twiter or the other one , I would like to go about my day without any no lifer try to spoil the very few enjoyments I have .

Just caught up with the third season over the last couple of days. Holy Crap! Did not see that coming!

I've heard the term Red Wedding being bandied about, and knew that it was something shocking, but because of the word "Red", I kind of assumed it was going to be something to do with what Melisandre was going to do to that poor Gendry (y'know, cause she's in red all the time, and apt to doing weird and nasty stuff to people)...but I was wrong :LOL:

Still, personally I found the scenes with Theon were the hardest to watch

And I never would have expected that Jaime would become one of my favourite characters.

I'm so, so excited for the next season, which will be the second half of A Storm of Swords. All the shit goes down. Hopefully they get the guy who played The Mountain in season 1 back, because the guy they have as him now is just not going to cut it. Nothing against him personally, but he's just a tall guy. He doesn't have that feral animal element that s1 Gregor did.

This thread has been quiet for a while, but I have to say that episode 8 of Season 5 might have been the best episode of the series, or certainly near the top---just incredible really!

I felt like it was more of an epic movie than a TV show. So very well directed. Better "dead" action that The Walking Dead. or World War Z or hell, any Zombie movie or show that I have ever seen.