TMT Nashville - Videos & pics from front row

Ozy

Hey guys, I was so lucky to have front row tickets at the Nashville concert. I brought in my Canon S95 and security was asking to see the pics at the break since they had to hide under the stage. laugh.gif I even had Alex and Geddy pose for me during the concert!

Please check out my pictures and images.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7D76AFBB78C53A33

Make sure you watch them in 720p!

http://ozy311.smugmug.com/Music/Rush-Time-Machine-Tour-2011

I'm going to the PHX, both LA concerts and the LV concert + RushCon. I hope to see some of you there!

2.gif

Edited by Ozy

Sweet! The only obvious problem is that the audio is distorted which is common for point and shoot cameras. I have a Panasonic Lumix ZR3 that I brought to the show. I was pleasantly surprised that the video sound did NOT get distorted. It must have some built in mechanism to prevent it. This is especially surprising because there is no mention of this in the camera specs.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 5 2011, 02:35 PM)
Sweet! The only obvious problem is that the audio is distorted which is common for point and shoot cameras. I have a Panasonic Lumix ZR3 that I brought to the show. I was pleasantly surprised that the video sound did NOT get distorted. It must have some built in mechanism to prevent it. This is especially surprising because there is no mention of this in the camera specs.

The camera performed way better than I expected. The Canon S95 has two front pin mics for stereo recording. The monitor right in front of us was blown and was heavily distorting any low drums and most hits on some of Neil's upper toms.

GREAT photos. From where I was I could see you and I was thinking, man I bet he's getting some good shots. Thanks for sharing.

I also could see that one guy who jumped up and down for the whole show. I bet he was sore the next day.

I'm almost scared to look at my shots now. Is there an easy to just drag them into the body of my message or do I need to upload them somewhere?

I'm about to open them in Photoshop and see if there is any hope.

Edit: Got a few good ones. Started a new thread so they won't be compared too closely to the great ones here.

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (Glee @ Apr 5 2011, 03:55 PM)
Great pics, and really nice video too.

I was in second row, closer to Alex. Were you next to that crazy guy that was jumping up and down??

No, I wanted to punch him. He spilled a beer at his feet and it went all under where I was standing.

Alex and Geddy both looked at me and made faces many times. I captured two of them.

http://ozy311.smugmug.com/Music/Rush-Time-Machine-Tour-2011/IMG0272/1240638915_9D6rD-M-1.jpg

http://ozy311.smugmug.com/Music/Rush-Time-Machine-Tour-2011/IMG0229/1240635427_bhvDJ-M-1.jpg

Wow, you captured some amazing shots.

I'm considering making a desktop wallpaper (for me and for others if they like) for the second leg. If I credit you, would you mind terribly if I snagged a couple of your epic shots? I'd probably just put a link to your gallery watermarked in the corner or something..

EDIT: I like how the tickets you took a snapshot of say "NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS". Oh the irony. laugh.gif

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 5 2011, 10:57 PM)
Wow, you captured some amazing shots.
I'm considering making a desktop wallpaper (for me and for others if they like) for the second leg. If I credit you, would you mind terribly if I snagged a couple of your epic shots? I'd probably just put a link to your gallery watermarked in the corner or something..

EDIT: I like how the tickets you took a snapshot of say "NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS". Oh the irony. laugh.gif

sure thing. use whatever u'd like.