Hot Sauces and Hot Foods

tangy

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it. :banghead:

This is the thread that will give you jalaproctitis!

I have tried many hot sauces and my favorite is likely considered boring by many but I think Franks is my fave. Really more flavor than heat, i can drink this stuff straight but love it.

Tabasco is probably two and Melindas is at three.

Melinda's is my favorite. Plenty of heat but with lots of flavor.

• Like 1

Has anybody tried the Maruchan hot&spicy ramen soup? I can't take more than a few sips before my tongue and mouth begin to burn. I love the taste, but I just can't enjoy it. :banghead:

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation

• Like 1

That’s true - I like it too but I can’t enjoy too much of it. It’s a love/hate relation

There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

There was a girl at my work that could eat that soup with no problem. When I asked: "how do you do it?", she just shrugged her shoulders. I think she was an alien.

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :LOL:

I want to drink all of that soup but I just can't. I drink as much as I can but I've only finished it once...which was stupid. :LOL:

You're still a better man than me :notworthy: when it comes to :spitwater:
  • Like 1

:LOL: Nah, it just means i was/am stupider than you AT LEAST once :LOL:

• Like 1

All right, but tell me, did you have to drink a 24-pack of Ice Mountain afterwards or what?

All right, but tell me, did you have to drink a 24-pack of Ice Mountain afterwards or what?

:LOL:

After eating hot foods I automatically want to guzzle beer or ice water. But it's better (not tastewise) to go with something thicker like milk tea or something similar. I do eat crackers anytime I eat hot and spicy cup ramen or Maruchan type stuff. Any crackers will do because I'm using them more as a protective layer and texture rather than a tasty compliment to the soup. I think too much about food :LOL:

• Like 1

After eating hot foods I automatically want to guzzle beer or ice water. But it's better (not tastewise) to go with something thicker like milk tea or something similar. I do eat crackers anytime I eat hot and spicy cup ramen or Maruchan type stuff. Any crackers will do because I'm using them more as a protective layer and texture rather than a tasty compliment to the soup. I think too much about food :LOL:

I think I just heard Neil Peart, except this time, it was about spicy food. :cheers:
  • Like 1

I think I just heard Neil Peart, except this time, it was about spicy food. :cheers:

I think I'm gonna rustle up some hot and spicy Maruchan ramen today in honor of Neil. Hold your fire!

• Like 1

This is the thread that will give you jalaproctitis!

I have tried many hot sauces and my favorite is likely considered boring by many but I think Franks is my fave. Really more flavor than heat, i can drink this stuff straight but love it.

Tabasco is probably two and Melindas is at three.

Melinda's is my favorite. Plenty of heat but with lots of flavor.

Yes indeed. Still love melindas.

I also have been getting into Marie Sharps habanero hot sauce. I also have been enjoying Dinosaur BBQ wango tango habanero bbq sauce.

That and I was able to get a bunch of frozen green chile from new mexico. i love new mexican food.

Don't see the point of hot sauce...f***ing disgusting.

Lol

I guess given my love for hot sauce and your dislike of it, our user names are accurate!

Is it just hot sauce you dislike or all hot food? no spicy mexican, chinese, thai, indian or jamaican food for you?

Franks

Crystal

Tabasco

Sriracha - I actually like the Sprouts and Trader Joe's brand because it's not as spicy as the Huy Fong brand.

Just tried the new Tabasco steak sauce and it's delicious.

tabasco in general is quality. the habanero sauce is fierce. the chilpolte is like a steak suace to me.

the story behind the history of tabasco is pretty interesting as is the way they ferment the peppers in barrels with salt.

Not too long ago I moved to Winston-Salem, from Iowa and if there is one Hot Sauce that I see throughout the city it is Texas Pete, which I enjoy their hotter version, especially if I am having scrambled eggs in the morning.

well thats because they make it there IIRC.

texas pete is very mild but tasty, not my fave but good on greens and BBQ imo.

Lol

I guess given my love for hot sauce and your dislike of it, our user names are accurate!

Is it just hot sauce you dislike or all hot food? no spicy mexican, chinese, thai, indian or jamaican food for you?

Ha

I'm not averse to a decent chilli or curry etc as long as they are not too hot...I don't see the point of eating anything that makes you sweat.

Lol

Ha

I'm not averse to a decent chilli or curry etc as long as they are not too hot...I don't see the point of eating anything that makes you sweat.

Glad to hear you enjoy a good curry. talk about flavor. yeah, heat is like salt, just enough and its great, too much and its ruined.

Picked up a new sauce to add to my collection. Choula has a green pepper sauce, jalapeno and polbano peppers, vinegar, water and salt. Picked it up to replace the Tabasco green sauce, which is jalapeno only. Mildy spicy but a lot more flavorful than the Tabasco. Mucho gusto!

Picked up a new sauce to add to my collection. Choula has a green pepper sauce, jalapeno and polbano peppers, vinegar, water and salt. Picked it up to replace the Tabasco green sauce, which is jalapeno only. Mildy spicy but a lot more flavorful than the Tabasco. Mucho gusto!

Cholula is so much better than Tabasco. Good choice!

Two new fave hot sauces. 

Pico Pica. Imagine taco bell hot sauce but way better.

Young guns roasted green chili. Sold in large plastic jugs for around, $12. Imo the best prepared green chili product beating out my prior fave. El Pinto. El pinto still kicks ass though.

Somebody recommended Louisiana Hot Sauce, yellow label with a red dot in the middle, for chicken wings/tenders.  Intense red and black pepper heat with nearly zero flavor of anything else.  Nope.  Fortunately I only tried it on one tender, which I got through half  before the other half went into the trash and the bottle got drain poured.  Went back to Frank's Original.

I had Tabasco on my eggs this morning, and some Franks Red Hot on my beef taquitos a little while ago. I will probably always consider Tabasco the best because I grew up on it, but Franks has a lot of flavor, has a nice heat signature and the only criticism I have of it is that it has too much sugar in it. Cholula is better than Franks in the same general category. Tabasco is kind of in its own category.  I'm also a big fan of Pace Picante Chunky Medium. I won't make nachos without it.