April 5th

ouchithurts

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Apr 5 2011, 10:42 AM)
Oh come on. What happens on April 5, 2063?

I think that you are in the wrong forum if you expected anyone to know this?

In Star Trek chronology, Zefram Cochrane makes Earth's first warp speed flight on April 5. That night, Vulcan scientists, having discovered the warp signature from Cochrane's ship, make first contact with Earth. Most of the film Star Trek: First Contact is set in 2063.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 5 2011, 11:57 AM)

In Star Trek chronology, Zefram Cochrane makes Earth's first warp speed flight on April 5. That night, Vulcan scientists, having discovered the warp signature from Cochrane's ship, make first contact with Earth. Most of the film Star Trek: First Contact is set in 2063.

Very good!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 5 2011, 10:57 AM)

I'll make sure I mark it in my calendar.

fing.gif

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Apr 5 2011, 11:26 AM)

Very good!

Posts like this and we wonder why the general population thinks Rush fans are geeks, can't imagine why they would have that impression.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Apr 5 2011, 09:26 AM)

Very good!

All I know is that Spock doesn't like Italian food.

You beat me to it tongue.gif

It's also the day the borg get frozen on Earth which eventually leads to them being thawed out and contacting more borg. That is, if you follow the plot hole filled Enterprise timeline.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 6 2011, 08:26 AM)

It's also the day the borg get frozen on Earth which eventually leads to them being thawed out and contacting more borg. That is, if you follow the plot hole filled Enterprise timeline.

Yeah, but I had to Google it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 6 2011, 09:49 AM)

Cheater! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 6 2011, 08:54 AM)

Cheater! rofl3.gif

Well, it got curiosity going and I wanted to find out what was so special about that date?

I like Star Trek but I am not even close to being a Trekkie.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 6 2011, 08:54 AM)

Cheater! rofl3.gif

I also left out two steps. I Googled and then I copied and pasted.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 5 2011, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Apr 5 2011, 11:26 AM)

Very good!

Posts like this and we wonder why the general population thinks Rush fans are geeks, can't imagine why they would have that impression.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif I was thinking that; but at the same time, given not only the subject but the wide range of ages of Rush fans - we could probably go toe to toe w other band fans to know that sort of stuff.

Minus Yes fans.. *all* of them would have known smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 9 2011, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 9 2011, 09:30 AM)
Trekkies... eyesre4.gif laugh.gif

Funny enough I actually think Trekkers sounds almost ostentatious. Trekkies has a more friendly ring to it. tongue.gif

In response to the video, what's wrong with actually paying attention to the television you watch and making jokes about it on the internet?

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 9 2011, 10:06 AM)

Funny enough I actually think Trekkers sounds almost ostentatious. Trekkies has a more friendly ring to it. tongue.gif

In response to the video, what's wrong with actually paying attention to the television you watch and making jokes about it on the internet?

smile.gif

As you know, during ST and when SNL made thi sjoke, there was no internet smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 9 2011, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 9 2011, 10:06 AM)

smile.gif

As you know, during ST and when SNL made thi sjoke, there was no internet smile.gif

Unfortunately, I cannot speak for the generation that came before me.

I like ST but f***ing hell !!! pokey.gif ...

Actually, I thought this thread was going to be about the coal miners that died in West Virginia last year. But looking back at everything that's happened in the world since then, it seems a lot longer than just last year.

Anyways, back to the Zefram geek talk... bolt.gif