Favorite Food Network host?

I agree with Tick's opinion of "the Neely's". They act like clowns on their show. After watching all I can remember is their over-the-top antics, not what they were cooking.

I watched one woman the other day who was "ok". She made sure that she showed some cleavage. Can't remember her name but she looks a bit like Susan Lucci with a toothy white grin that is reminiscent of Mary Lou Retton.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 09:24 AM)
I agree with Tick's opinion of "the Neely's". They act like clowns on their show. After watching all I can remember is their over-the-top antics, not what they were cooking.

I watched one woman the other day who was "ok". She made sure that she showed some cleavage. Can't remember her name but she looks a bit like Susan Lucci with a toothy white grin that is reminiscent of Mary Lou Retton.

http://abigmouthful.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/giada-enthusiasm.jpg

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 4 2011, 10:31 AM)

z7shysterical.gif Yep, that's her!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 10:34 AM)

One thing that drove me nuts about her show was the overuse of the phrase "golden brown". EVERYTHING that went into the oven or the fryer was supposed to be "golden brown". Okay, we get it - usually when something's "charcoal black" it's past the point of "done".

She makes good food, though.

How about Mark Summers? He is the only guy who can try to make you think knowing how tootsie pops are made isn't completely lame.

It is by the way. atickhum.gif

and Rachel Ray is soooooo annoying.

She tries to make it convenient by abbreviating extra virgin olive oil to, "e v o o" to not have to say extra virgin olive oil.

The problem is, if you have to say extra virgin olive oil every single time after saying "e v o o" to tell your audience what it stands for, YOUR MAKING IT EVEN LONGER YOU DUMB ASS!!!!

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 10:34 AM)

One thing that drove me nuts about her show was the overuse of the phrase "golden brown". EVERYTHING that went into the oven or the fryer was supposed to be "golden brown". Okay, we get it - usually when something's "charcoal black" it's past the point of "done".

She makes good food, though.

Her show didn't bother me, but she did seem a bit enthusiastic while her shirt exposed some plump breasts.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 10:59 AM)
and Rachel Ray is soooooo annoying.
She tries to make it convenient by abbreviating extra virgin olive oil to, "e v o o" to not have to say extra virgin olive oil.
The problem is, if you have to say extra virgin olive oil every single time after saying "e v o o" to tell your audience what it stands for, YOUR MAKING IT EVEN LONGER YOU DUMB ASS!!!!

I used to belong to the "Rachel Ray Sux" message board over on Live Journal before the chick that started it got bored with it. (I joined when I was between jobs - at the time I needed a snark outlet).

She's a wreck - I've seen her handle raw chicken or pork and then not wash her hands immediately afterwards.

Edited by Mara

rr has a nice kaboose.

I don't agree, but even if I did... it's still connected to RR!!!

062802puke_prv.gif

*edit * Oops, forgot to hit quote!

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 4 2011, 11:08 AM)

rr has a nice kaboose.

??? huh.gif

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/double%20s%20pro/9NEELY2_t6071-1.jpg

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 4 2011, 11:08 AM)

rr has a nice kaboose.

??? huh.gif

What do you mean ???? laugh.gif

I can't stand RR....

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 11:14 AM)
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/double%20s%20pro/9NEELY2_t6071-1.jpg

idiots.

I like Robert Irvine too - Dinner Impossible can be fun, but he has a strong personality - kinda like Gordon Ramsay. Both seem like nice guys "away from the job." But on the job, they must have exactly what they are asking for.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:53 AM)
I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri.  He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners.  He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner.  They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

Guy is awesome.

Yeah, Guy is the best on the food network which is not saying much. I liked Alton at first but lost interest. Flay is ok.

i think the travel channel destroys the food network when it coming to shows about food.

I like Zimmern the best followed by Bourdain and then Man Versus Food.

I would be the ideal host for Man Versus Beer!