Favorite Food Network host?

Do you have one? I only very rarely watch the Food Network (or is it Food Channel?).

So far, I like Barefoot Contessa.

Alton Brown. The epitome of Nerd-Chic.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 3 2011, 05:36 PM)

Same here. yes.gif

Barefoot Contessa is a Martha Stewart wannabee, and almost as annoying.

Alton Brown grates on my nerves. His food science crap is nonsense and his cooking advice is down right over the top and impractical.

So having said that, the best the network has to offer would be...

Bobby Flay. Throw down is a great show.

Guy Fieri . Triple D makes me want to take road trips to eat the stuff he promotes.

I want to SHOOT THE NEALYS!!! "Y'ALL!" angry.gif Nuff said.

Thank God they laid Emeril to rest, so I don't have to go there. bam. sarcasm.gif

Big Daddy is a clueless schmuck. Admit you made a mistake with him and get him off the air.

Rachel Ray makes me want to hang myself while giggling like Betty Ruble.

Giada...just keep showing cleavage and your job is secure.

What's up with Cupcake Wars? Cupcakes baked my smoking hot chicks who workout 24/7?

Yeah, they eat cupcakes.

sarcasm.gif

That network needs ME!!!!! atickhum.gif

I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri. He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners. He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner. They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:53 AM)
I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri. He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners. He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner. They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

Guy is awesome.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:53 AM)
I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri.  He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners.  He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner.  They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

Guy is awesome.

Just watch him jabbering away with his mouth full next time you tune in. I bet they've got tons of outtake footage of the camera man wiping food chunks and Guy's slobber off the lens.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 07:53 AM)

i have to admit that all the stuff he tries looks damn good but it's gotta be a promotional thing. there's been a few places that he's been into where the reviews weren't that great.

I know my 3 least favorite....

3. Alex Guarneschelli (sp?)

2. Rachel Ray

1. Anne Burrell

Ones I like...

4. Bobby Flay

3. Ina Garten

2. Alton Brown

1. Tyler Florence

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 4 2011, 07:53 AM)
i used the alton brown method of cooking a steak and it turned out perfectly. probably the best steak i ever cooked. it involved high heat, a cast iron skillet, and an oven.

Me too! wont make it any other way now!^^

I knew this thread would be hot! People love their Food Network Stars!

Alton is my fave! been watching him for years.

I really enjoy watching Guy Fieri, cool.gif but I know as many people who dig him as I do people who think he's a mess like Mara.

The thing about the Barefoot Contessa is true so far as I know...and in the end the kids family dissed her! (thats Karma!) I cant stand her...she's like Bob Ross painting.

For the shows? I'll watch the Challenges and The Best Thing I Ever Ate, but not Cupcake Wars or Chopped. Now and then I'll watch Iron Chef.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 4 2011, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 07:53 AM)
I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri.  He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners.  He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner.  They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

i have to admit that all the stuff he tries looks damn good but it's gotta be a promotional thing. there's been a few places that he's been into where the reviews weren't that great.

I can take or leave Guy... you can tell on triple D when he really likes something and when he doesn't. There have been a number of places where he'll eat the food and give them a compliment like "nothing wrong with that" or something to that nature, but doesn't crap himself. Those are the places he's not very impressed with. When he demands the recipe or tells them that he's going to put something like that in one of his restaurants... those are the places he really likes.

Overall he's a big loudmouth slob, but can be good for a laugh or two once in a while.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 3 2011, 08:36 PM)

Yup! I really dig the science aspect of what he does. It must be the chemist in me.

wrong quote

Edited by tick

worst:

the only way I can tolerate Alton Brown is on Iron Chef

otherwise he comes across as a condescending douche talking to a roomful of 13 year-olds

best:

Sandra Lee has re-created herself for the 20x time, but 'back in the day' she was a blast to watch

from @1:10 on...

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 4 2011, 09:52 AM)
worst:

otherwise he comes across as a condescending douche talking to a roomful of 13 year-olds

best:
Sandra Lee has re-created herself for the 20x time, but 'back in the day' she was a blast to watch

from @1:10 on... Sandra Lee - Sunset Clambake

Ah yes, Sandra the Semi-Ho. A few of her ideas (haven't watched her in a while) weren't bad as shortcuts go.

Others were an affront to food, like mixing canned cake frosting with a box of powdered sugar, blobbing it onto waxed paper, and calling the sickly-sweet dried out result "truffles". She should have been shot for that one.

I've never been a big fan of the over-the-top theme party settings she's fond of, with all the matchy-matchy cutesy tableware and stuff. Just clean the house and make sure there's plenty of food and liquor. Spend less time on the decor and more on the food.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 4 2011, 09:52 AM)
worst:

best:

from @1:10 on... Sandra Lee - Sunset Clambake

Ah yes, Sandra the Semi-Ho. A few of her ideas (haven't watched her in a while) weren't bad as shortcuts go.

Others were an affront to food, like mixing canned cake frosting with a box of powdered sugar, blobbing it onto waxed paper, and calling the sickly-sweet dried out result "truffles". She should have been shot for that one.

I've never been a big fan of the over-the-top theme party settings she's fond of, with all the matchy-matchy cutesy tableware and stuff. Just clean the house and make sure there's plenty of food and liquor. Spend less time on the decor and more on the food.

goodpost.gif

My 10 year old daughter calls her "the drunk lady" because she always has to make a drink in every episode.... she is from WI, what can I say. Guess that's why I don't really fit in here much smile.gif Never been much of a drinker.