Things that give you the heebie-jeebies

Mara

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 06:39 PM)
A fairly common one is a public bathroom. I only go when I really can't wait and have no choice.

However, the site of an unflushed bowl makes me squeemish. Oh, and I sure as hell won't wipe the seat that has drops of some guys' piss on it - meaning I won't sit there.

I don't know how it happens, but sometime shit ends up on the inner ring of the seat. And then there are the "bowl blasters" who seem to spray shit inside the bowl.

Thanks for sharing.

Your post has given me the heebie-jeebies.....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 4 2011, 04:59 PM)
I'll agree with the crunchy, splatty bug heebie-jeebies. And, those damn waterbugs wait to fly into your hair right as you're ready to flatten them. They know what's about to happen. Little bastages.  angry.gif

I couldn't live on the coast for that reason. The beach is wonderful, but they have roaches and waterbugs you could enter in rodeos. I don't want to live in a place where I have to budget half my yearly salary for exterminator service and caches of Raid.

(Protip - you can kill some of the smaller varieties of roach with Windex. Works fine).

Can we back off the toilet stuff, as a favor? I mean, nothing against CT, but not wanting to deal with an overflowing public bathroom isn't exactly an "irrational" aversion. That's perfectly normal.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 4 2011, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 4 2011, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 3 2011, 01:37 PM)
f***ing clowns

Totally. Clowns. I f***ing hate clowns. I'm not afraid of them. I hate them. I have completely unexplainable violent hatred for clowns. I once threatened a clown this supermarket hired to walk the isles on a Saturday afternoon. He came around the corner with that stupid wig, the nasty makeup, that idiotic costume, and those big feet. I took one look at him and told the guy Remember my face. Whatever isle you see me in, is the isle you stay out of. Got it?

ugh... f***ing clowns

rofl3.gif Good for you, Pags. Clowns are demonspawn, pure and simple. That USPS commercial with the family trying to send back the stuffed clown toy nails it.

My S-I-L is an elementary school teacher; last Friday was Career Day. She said one of the "speakers" was a f*cking CLOWN (what kind of kid aspires to be a damn clown?). I told her to be sure to count the kids before the clown left for the day.

http://thehorrorgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zombieland-clown.jpg

Ugh, seriously? f**k you. Just f**k you.

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

scared.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 05:21 PM)
I sawwy! sad.gif I didn't see the "irrational aversion" part of your topic line.

Is okay - it's in the teeny-weeny eyestrain-o-vision part!

And for those people who just don't "get it" about why they should be terrified of clowns, I have three words for you:

John Wayne Gacy.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 4 2011, 02:21 PM)
f***ing clowns

Totally. Clowns. I f***ing hate clowns. I'm not afraid of them. I hate them. I have completely unexplainable violent hatred for clowns. I once threatened a clown this supermarket hired to walk the isles on a Saturday afternoon. He came around the corner with that stupid wig, the nasty makeup, that idiotic costume, and those big feet. I took one look at him and told the guy Remember my face. Whatever isle you see me in, is the isle you stay out of. Got it?

ugh... f***ing clowns

rofl3.gif Good for you, Pags. Clowns are demonspawn, pure and simple. That USPS commercial with the family trying to send back the stuffed clown toy nails it.

My S-I-L is an elementary school teacher; last Friday was Career Day. She said one of the "speakers" was a f*cking CLOWN (what kind of kid aspires to be a damn clown?). I told her to be sure to count the kids before the clown left for the day.

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

scared.gif

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/imagecache/feature_img/ZombieClown.jpg

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2011, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 4 2011, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2011, 09:38 AM)
When you're in a hot shower and you get the feel of the cold, clammy curtain clinging to you...

A while back, a friend/co-worker of mine was taking a nice hot shower in the morning when she felt something on her shoulder.

It was a BAT.... bolt.gif

I think I'd've yowled the house down if that had happened to me.

She ran screaming, wet, and naked thru her house until she found her husband.....and I don't blame her.....!!!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Spitting/hawking.

Not covering mouth with a hand while coughing.

Not using a tissue when sneezing.

Someone coughing right near you as they walk past (probably hoping to pass their cold/flu germs onto you).

These make me feel icky and drives me nuts!

I was working for this guy that I knew from high school a couple of years ago. After I finished my day I was in his apartment for a bit talking to him. Suddenly, he asks me if I ever saw the video 'Two Girls and a Cup' on the Internet. I told him that I didn't. He then got all excited about showing to me. He then showed it to me and I was more repulsed and disgusted by that than anything that I have ever seen. It starts out like a lesbian scene and then one of the girls grabs a cup and puts it under the other who takes a dump in it. I was like "What the f#ck are you showing me this shit for?" I told him he was pretty sick! It still makes me sick just to think of it. That is something that I really wish that had never seen on my life!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 4 2011, 11:20 PM)
I was working for this guy that I knew from high school a couple of years ago. After I finished my day I was in his apartment for a bit talking to him. Suddenly, he asks me if I ever saw the video 'Two Girls and a Cup' on the Internet. I told him that I didn't. He then got all excited about showing to me. He then showed it to me and I was more repulsed and disgusted by that than anything that I have ever seen. It starts out like a lesbian scene and then one of the girls grabs a cup and puts it under the other who takes a dump in it. I was like "What the f#ck are you showing me this shit for?" I told him he was pretty sick! It still makes me sick just to think of it. That is something that I really wish that had never seen on my life!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Apr 4 2011, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 4 2011, 12:13 PM)
Couples/spouses who share toothbrushes.

No f***ing way anyone does that!!!

062802puke_prv.gif

I've heard of this, and their reasoning being you swap spit when kissing, so what is the difference?

Really. Gross.

Actually, and someone else mentioned it on here, the act of brushing teeth is nasty to me. Do I do it? Of course, but it's not pleasant for me. The paste has to be super minty in order for me to be OK with it. Seeing other people brush turns me off too and honestly, people who do it in public/work bathrooms are the worst. Then I gotta smell the paste in the air, you know that baking soda smell. EW GO AWAY

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 5 2011, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Apr 4 2011, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 4 2011, 12:13 PM)
Couples/spouses who share toothbrushes.

No f***ing way anyone does that!!!

062802puke_prv.gif

I've heard of this, and their reasoning being you swap spit when kissing, so what is the difference?

Really. Gross.

I am eating my lunch, while reading this.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 5 2011, 05:17 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 4 2011, 11:20 PM)
I was working for this guy that I knew from high school a couple of years ago. After I finished my day I was in his apartment for a bit talking to him. Suddenly, he asks me if I ever saw the video 'Two Girls and a Cup' on the Internet. I told him that I didn't. He then got all excited about showing to me.  He then showed it to me and I was more repulsed and disgusted by that than anything that I have ever seen. It starts out like a lesbian scene and then one of the girls grabs a cup and puts it under the other who takes a dump in it. I was like "What the f#ck are you showing me this shit for?" I told him he was pretty sick! It still makes me sick just to think of it. That is something that I really wish that had never seen on my life!

laugh.gif

I actually just Googled it to see how many results would come up and I found this. It is actually called 2 Girls 1 Cup. This is a video of Joe Rogan(Former host of fear factor) watching the video and his reaction to it. WARNING: There is some very graphic/vulgar language in this.

Link to Video

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 4 2011, 04:31 PM)
f***ing clowns

ugh... f***ing clowns

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

scared.gif

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/imagecache/feature_img/ZombieClown.jpg

Well, I heard a lot of mombo jombo about Zombieland last year (right about this time of the year too actually) and thought it sounded interesting but never got around to watching it.. Now, seeing that even though it's a comedy there was some great effort put into to it, I'm going to go watch it now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y18aPy3O1P4

f***ing clowns

ugh... f***ing clowns

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

scared.gif

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these motha f***ing snakes on this motha f***ing plane.. Everyone strap in! We're about to open the f***ing windows.

My heebie-jeebie seems mild in comparison.... unsure.gif

I hate driving on mountain roads. Actually, driving is marginally better because I have some control (and am on the far side of the drop) but being a passenger just makes me panic. Even thinking about a road that drops off makes me fearful. In Ghost Rider, the part when Neil writes about the Crest of the World Highway, I had to put the book down for a bit. I don't know why I have this irrational fear and it certainly limits my travels but I just can't help it. ph34r.gif

I'll tell ya what creeps me out big time....

STARING..... wacko.gif angry.gif rage.gif

http://www.customvinyldecalsnstickers.com/big_skullery_evileyes_0169.jpg

You're talking to someone, and he just keeps looking right at your eyes...doesn't look away for a second. Or someone just staring at you from any distance......without stopping.....makes you wanna RIP HIS EYES OUT!!! rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif