Things that give you the heebie-jeebies

Mara

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought of one other one:

ticks scared.gif

Not atickhum.gif or Beloved TRF Member tick....

but those horrible creepy, crawly deer ticks and wood ticks. >>shudder<< If one is even thought to be on a person in my company, it's a psychosomatic reaction that my skin will crawl and I will automatically think one is on ME. Worst feeling ever for me ph34r.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 4 2011, 08:14 AM)
Guys doing the horking sound and then usually spit afterwards.

Not to sound racist, or to put down my own heritage, but chinese guys are the worst for that.

I remember hearing that the Beijing Olympic Committee was engaging in efforts to get the Chinese to stop spitting everywhere, as they were worried about international visitors being grossed out. And Neil mentioned seeing 4-year-old kids hawk one up when he biked through China.

I've heard the Japanese have no reservations about farting whenever and wherever, but they are totally grossed out by nose-blowing.

Eating with one's mouth open, I cannot bear to see it, or more importantly, hear it. Oh Jesus, whenever there's a chef on a radio station and the presenter eats the food and you can hear the munching, lip licking and stuff, AAAGHHH!!!!

And slurping. I F*CKING hate that sound.

Oh yeah. The word "succulent" drives me f*ckin' spare.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 3 2011, 09:48 PM)
This is a rational aversion, but here it is anyway: When you're talking to someone and he matter-of-factly starts picking his nose.....I just wanna deck him ....angry.gif Just how RUDE and disgusting can you get??!! wtf.gif

Irrational aversion: Really wimpy, limp handshakes.....especially when a man gives one. 062802puke_prv.gif I can understand why women do it, as they are, in general, not as "rough and tough" as men. When I shake a man's hand, I expect a firm, assertive grip - not a rubbery dead fish or a flaccid weakling touch. It makes me want to go wash my hands afterwards, just to get that "feel" off of me.....!!

what would you do if you're shaking his limp hand and his other hand starts gently groping your package? laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 3 2011, 09:48 PM)
This is a rational aversion, but here it is anyway:  When you're talking to someone and he matter-of-factly starts picking his nose.....I just wanna deck him ....angry.gif  Just how RUDE and disgusting can you get??!!  wtf.gif

Irrational aversion:  Really wimpy, limp handshakes.....especially when a man gives one.  062802puke_prv.gif  I can understand why women do it, as they are, in general, not as "rough and tough" as men.  When I shake a man's hand, I expect a firm, assertive grip - not a rubbery dead fish or a flaccid weakling touch.  It makes me want to go wash my hands afterwards, just to get that "feel" off of me.....!!

what would you do if you're shaking his limp hand and his other hand starts gently groping your package? laugh.gif

Once I felt his limp handshake, I'd make sure that his other hand wouldn't come close to me.... no.gif no.gif no.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2011, 09:38 AM)
When you're in a hot shower and you get the feel of the cold, clammy curtain clinging to you...

A while back, a friend/co-worker of mine was taking a nice hot shower in the morning when she felt something on her shoulder.

It was a BAT.... bolt.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 4 2011, 02:52 PM)
When you're in a hot shower and you get the feel of the cold, clammy curtain clinging to you...

A while back, a friend/co-worker of mine was taking a nice hot shower in the morning when she felt something on her shoulder.

I think I'd've yowled the house down if that had happened to me.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2011, 09:21 AM)

I love bats wub.gif

Following on from snot hanging from someone's nose - I feel physically sick when they've wiped said nose and there's a bit of it on the tip of it. 062802puke_prv.gif

A strand of hair in sinks or dinner plates.

The mere thought of tin foil sets my teeth on edge.

And the way someone drags a fingernail or a piece of chalk down a board.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 4 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2011, 09:21 AM)

I love bats wub.gif

Don't get me wrong - I love bats too, I just wouldn't like it if one flew into me if I was taking a shower. It's spiders that give me the screaming meemings if I found one in the bath... *double shudder*

Pretty much anything wet, most of which have been mentioned. Even kissing grosses me out. I do it, but I wipe my mouth off (and my boyfriend laughs at me). One that hasn't been mentioned is walking in wet grass with loose clippings...when those get stuck to my feet, I take the nearest opportunity to scrub like hell to get them off.

The wetness thing is weird, because I like to swim (provided the water is REALLY clean). But I can't put wet bathing suits on after taking them off. Have to get a dry one.

Another one: when my customers have rotten breath and I have to stifle a gag. It lingers for minutes afterward and makes me cold sweat.

Yet another one: any smells left on my hands, especially metallic smells. Have to get that off ASAP. It's even worth getting wet to do!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 4 2011, 10:51 AM)
Pretty much anything wet, most of which have been mentioned. Even kissing grosses me out. I do it, but I wipe my mouth off (and my boyfriend laughs at me). One that hasn't been mentioned is walking in wet grass with loose clippings...when those get stuck to my feet, I take the nearest opportunity to scrub like hell to get them off.

The wetness thing is weird, because I like to swim (provided the water is REALLY clean). But I can't put wet bathing suits on after taking them off. Have to get a dry one.

Another one: when my customers have rotten breath and I have to stifle a gag. It lingers for minutes afterward and makes me cold sweat.

Yet another one: any smells left on my hands, especially metallic smells. Have to get that off ASAP. It's even worth getting wet to do!

I wouldn't go so far as saying that kissing gives me the heebie-jeebies. But, someone who drools while they kiss? You know... those sloppy kissers? That stops me in my tracks, deal-breaker, good-bye, have a nice life. bekloppt.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 4 2011, 12:02 PM)

I wouldn't go so far as saying that kissing gives me the heebie-jeebies. But, someone who drools while they kiss? You know... those sloppy kissers? That stops me in my tracks, deal-breaker, good-bye, have a nice life. bekloppt.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 4 2011, 12:02 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

Ugh, sloppy kissers are the worst! Back in my single days, it didn't matter if all the other chemistry was there and working its mojo. If the guy turned out to be a sloppy kisser, that was it. Game over.

I can't stand stepping on insects with an exoskeleton. It's not the guts, it's the "crunch" I can't deal with. I've woken my husband up before to kill a roach in the shower.

I can "Raid" the thing to death and then deal with the corpse, no problem. I just don't do crunchy bugs.

Edited by Mara