Things that give you the heebie-jeebies

Mara

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 3 2011, 11:37 AM)
f***ing clowns

so quit f***ing them.. lol

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 4 2011, 08:14 AM)
Guys doing the horking sound and then usually spit afterwards.

Not to sound racist, or to put down my own heritage, but chinese guys are the worst for that.

I remember hearing that the Beijing Olympic Committee was engaging in efforts to get the Chinese to stop spitting everywhere, as they were worried about international visitors being grossed out. And Neil mentioned seeing 4-year-old kids hawk one up when he biked through China.

I've heard the Japanese have no reservations about farting whenever and wherever, but they are totally grossed out by nose-blowing.

laugh.gif Where'd you hear that about J-folks flatulence etiquette? In all these years the only J-folks I've heard passing gas were middle-aged or old men in gym locker rooms or those sitting away from others on trains who thought nobody would notice.

However, I DO see a lot of J-men picking their nose DEEPLY...and I mean center of the Earth/elbow deep yes.gif

As far as China goes, I did notice on a few of the trains that there were signs telling you NOT to spit. I guess they need to be told not to spit on train floors.

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 5 2011, 01:37 AM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 3 2011, 01:37 PM)
f***ing clowns

Totally. Clowns. I f***ing hate clowns. I'm not afraid of them. I hate them. I have completely unexplainable violent hatred for clowns. I once threatened a clown this supermarket hired to walk the isles on a Saturday afternoon. He came around the corner with that stupid wig, the nasty makeup, that idiotic costume, and those big feet. I took one look at him and told the guy Remember my face. Whatever isle you see me in, is the isle you stay out of. Got it?

ugh... f***ing clowns

Shit. I bet your Mickey D experience consists of you grabbing Ronald by the throat and stating coldly,"Gimme my egg Mcmuffin you f***ing clown!" tongue.gif

I'm afraid of snakes and heights, both of which are common phobiae, so I'm guessing those don't count.

puke makes me squeamish...even though i can handle just about everything else. always gotta turn away and cover my ears when someone's hurling 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 20 2011, 01:47 AM)
I'm afraid of snakes and heights, both of which are common phobiae, so I'm guessing those don't count.
puke makes me squeamish...even though i can handle just about everything else. always gotta turn away and cover my ears when someone's hurling 062802puke_prv.gif

Someone hurling *shudder* - have to cover my ears and hide under the duvet just to block it out.

Coffee/smokers breath.. just, ughhhh!

What really takes the biscuit, is... Warm Toilet Seats.

I mean, it's what goes through ones mind as to who just sat here before me.

Crrrringe-a-rama!

You know when you go to the dentist, and they clean your teeth with those scraper-thingys and they scratch your teeth and that shudder goes through your body and...

Yeah, that.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 20 2011, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 20 2011, 01:47 AM)
puke makes me squeamish...even though i can handle just about everything else.  always gotta turn away and cover my ears when someone's hurling 062802puke_prv.gif

Someone hurling *shudder* - have to cover my ears and hide under the duvet just to block it out.

Do you always carry a duvet around with you?

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 22 2011, 03:28 AM)
When someone hands me paperwork/money to deposit, and it's wet. I have to wonder, is it just sweat (bad enough) or something worse?

Say it with me...EEEEEEEWWWWW!

EEEEEEEWWWWWW!
tongue.gif

Seriously, handling wet money is not nice...

I've always been terrified of pool drains and those large industrial fans like you used to see in the ceilings of supermarkets. The back part of the fan would be hanging out of the ceiling and I'd about turn myself inside out so I wouldn't have to walk under them.

Oh, and heights...flying, I'm okay with. Get me on a stepladder with more than 3 rungs and I'm sweating and nauseated. Don't know when that phobia showed up but damn, it's no fun. sad.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 21 2011, 11:54 PM)
When someone hands me paperwork/money to deposit, and it's wet. I have to wonder, is it just sweat (bad enough) or something worse?

EEEEEEEWWWWWW!
tongue.gif

Or even worse; they lick their fingers WHILE COUNTING MONEY. They just lick the finger! And then they use it to move the money around! And then they lick it again!

Its just disgusting!

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 22 2011, 05:06 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 21 2011, 11:54 PM)

EEEEEEEWWWWWW!
tongue.gif

Or even worse; they lick their fingers WHILE COUNTING MONEY. They just lick the finger! And then they use it to move the money around! And then they lick it again!

Its just disgusting!

eeeeewwwwww! Eeeeeeewwwwww!! Eeeeeeewwwwww!!! *shuddddder...*

Whales. Maggots. Heights.

and something I hate the most- when people brush their teeth and don't clean out the sink. DISGUSTING.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 4 2011, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 4 2011, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 4 2011, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 3 2011, 01:37 PM)
f***ing clowns

Totally. Clowns. I f***ing hate clowns. I'm not afraid of them. I hate them. I have completely unexplainable violent hatred for clowns. I once threatened a clown this supermarket hired to walk the isles on a Saturday afternoon. He came around the corner with that stupid wig, the nasty makeup, that idiotic costume, and those big feet. I took one look at him and told the guy Remember my face. Whatever isle you see me in, is the isle you stay out of. Got it?

ugh... f***ing clowns

rofl3.gif Good for you, Pags. Clowns are demonspawn, pure and simple. That USPS commercial with the family trying to send back the stuffed clown toy nails it.

My S-I-L is an elementary school teacher; last Friday was Career Day. She said one of the "speakers" was a f*cking CLOWN (what kind of kid aspires to be a damn clown?). I told her to be sure to count the kids before the clown left for the day.

http://thehorrorgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zombieland-clown.jpg

Ugh, seriously? f**k you. Just f**k you.

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

scared.gif

OMG that clown's from Zombieland!

I saw that movie in theaters. that scene where the main character imagines a clown suddenly popping under his bathroom stall door? I actually screamed bloody murder in a packed theater. But I have no shame! f**k clowns. lol.

My wife will not ever walk on any cover on the street/sidewalk. Like a manhole cover, drainage grate, slab of metal covering an access box or something... she always walks around.

My mother-in-law is convinced you will get very very sick if you walk barefoot on a cold surface like tile or linoleum. She actually tells me to put on socks or slippers and shakes her head when I refuse.

Me - I'm not a fan of public toilets. I have a "wash away the badness" routine that I do everytime. Wipe seat with TP, throw in and flush. Lay out TP to cover seat.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 22 2011, 05:39 PM)
My wife will not ever walk on any cover on the street/sidewalk. Like a manhole cover, drainage grate, slab of metal covering an access box or something... she always walks around.

My mother-in-law is convinced you will get very very sick if you walk barefoot on a cold surface like tile or linoleum. She actually tells me to put on socks or slippers and shakes her head when I refuse.

Me - I'm not a fan of public toilets. I have a "wash away the badness" routine that I do everytime. Wipe seat with TP, throw in and flush. Lay out TP to cover seat.

My wife will not ever walk on the cover on the street/sidewalk. Like a manhole cover...

I see what she means. This reminds me of something that happened (a few years back) - I heard about some guy who was so drunk, I mean, totally plastered, and sort of talking on his cellphone that he didn't see this open manhole, and,um, fell straight down it.

re: hair -- i have a lot of it on my head, and tons of it come out in the shower, so i've grown completely immune to it. Plus, it's one of the least disgusting things on the body when taken proper care of confused13.gif

re: manhole covers -- i wont walk on the grates/vents in the sidewalk in the city, but that has to do with my fear of heights.