A really good friend

Nate2112

She is geting her bellybotton pierced and she's crying and in pain because she pierced it herself with an earing. I need help!!

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 3 2011, 08:19 AM)
Go see a doctor? confused13.gif

Better get two doctors. One to examine the wound she inflicted upon herself, and the other to examine her brain. What the hell was she thinking?

She did it without telling her mom so if she goes to see a doctor she'll be in SO much trouble. She makes frequent trips to the nurse througout the day so I go follow her without her seeing me

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 07:34 AM)
She did it without telling her mom so if she goes to see a doctor she'll be in SO much trouble. She makes frequent trips to the nurse througout the day so I go follow her without her seeing me

That's kind of weird, bro laugh.gif

But yeah, talk to your friend about her decision or let her deal with it.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 08:34 AM)

Sounds like she's got an infection because of an unsterilized needle. Tell her to go see a doctor or she'll be in more trouble if it gets worse.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 3 2011, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 12:34 PM)
She makes frequent trips to the nurse througout the day so I go follow her without her seeing me

That sentence is jam-packed with WTF.

goodpost.gif

A lot of people pierce themselves. But you really gotta know what you are doing and use the right sterilized equipment. Rubbing alcohol and a hot, new piercing needle would have been a better choice. At this point, if it's turning purple, it's prolly infected and needs to be looked at by a doctor.

Uh, I don't suppose she's heard of staph, strep, or cellulitis? She NEEDS TO SEE A DOCTOR!

ETA - have her google "flesh-eating bacteria". That should scare her sufficiently to seek medical attention. I recently saw a feature on a woman who had to undergo quadruple amputation to save her life because of necrotizing strep. The amputations were performed within 24 hours of diagnosis.

Yes, I am trying to scare.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 3 2011, 07:55 AM)
She makes frequent trips to the nurse througout the day so I go follow her without her seeing me

goodpost.gif

look im sorry i just like her...didn't know it was WTF... confused13.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 05:34 AM)

What has the nurse done about this infection? Has your friend already removed the piercing? How is she treating it?

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 3 2011, 10:58 AM)

What has the nurse done about this infection? Has your friend already removed the piercing? How is she treating it?

Don't Know. But yes she did remove the piercing and I don't know if she's treating it or not... eh.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 3 2011, 10:58 AM)

Don't Know. But yes she did remove the piercing and I don't know if she's treating it or not... eh.gif

So.... the piercing is out, she's still complaining of pains... when did she actually take the piercing out? I would like to believe that if the school nurse hasn't really done anything that the infection isn't too bad. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 3 2011, 07:55 AM)

goodpost.gif

Yeah, when you like a girl don't stalk her.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 3 2011, 01:39 PM)
You don't? ph34r.gif

Contrary to what Twilight teaches, stalking a girl is NOT the best way to win her affection.

an apple corer will sort it. wacko.gif

seriously clean the wound with tcp and apply an antiseptic cream,dress it with a sterile dressing and repeat daily until its all good.

any swelling or discharge should be treated by a doctor

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 3 2011, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 3 2011, 07:55 AM)

goodpost.gif

Yeah, when you like a girl don't stalk her.

Uh yeah...

This whole thread is epic. WINNING!

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/31808561/Michael%20Jackson%20Jackson_popcorn.gif

I feel like I'm spamming today, but I don't care.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 3 2011, 07:34 AM)
She did it without telling her mom so if she goes to see a doctor she'll be in SO much trouble.

Perhaps she deserves to get into trouble.... yes.gif

She needs to get it treated, no matter what happens. Her fear of "getting into trouble" is severely childish. She should take her lumps AND get medical attention. Then, she and her family can have a good heart-to-heart chat about her recent behavior.

A lot of girls at my school do this, too. wacko.gif I don't get it.

My ears were easily infected due to a metal allergy, and the best way to take care of it without professional help is use lots of hydrogen peroxide and gauze. Tell her don't cover it up with anything at night to try and air it out. I wouldn't use anything heavier than gauze or toilet paper to cover it up, and your friend should change it often to prevent from the infection of getting worse.

But she really should tell her mom... Piercing something like your freakin' bellybutton without her knowing is pretty dumb. Especially when she does it with an earring.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 3 2011, 08:51 AM)

rofl3.gif

Christ.

She did it without telling her mom so if she goes to see a doctor she'll be in SO much trouble.

I would say your friend is an idiot... but I'm assuming that she's your age, and 12-year-olds doing stupid things is completely normal, so it's not worth worrying about too much. I'd still risk her parents raging and recommend a visit to a certified doctor.

However, this isn't natural facepalm.gif

You might wanna lay that off and actually approach her with her knowing you're there.

Archived