Austin, Texas

wannabe

Hey Guys,

Touching base from Toronto, Canada. My brother and I have planned a trip to Texas in June and want to take in the concert at the Erwin Ctr. We are going to be motorcycling for a few days before the show and definitely don't want to miss it. Here's the problem...I want seats in around Section 21 or 34, rows 1-13 preferably and have found a pair on StubHub BUT the shipping date makes it scary to fork over my creditcard and not have the tickets before we go. What's your experience with just showing up at the venue the day of the show with cash in hand and just scalp some for these sections. Is that too risky not to get a seat??? I have seen them twice this tour (Toronto and Vegas) and don't want to miss them in Tx. Any thoughts??

QUOTE (wannabe @ Mar 31 2011, 06:29 PM)
Hey Guys,

Touching base from Toronto, Canada. My brother and I have planned a trip to Texas in June and want to take in the concert at the Erwin Ctr. We are going to be motorcycling for a few days before the show and definitely don't want to miss it. Here's the problem...I want seats in around Section 21 or 34, rows 1-13 preferably and have found a pair on StubHub BUT the shipping date makes it scary to fork over my creditcard and not have the tickets before we go. What's your experience with just showing up at the venue the day of the show with cash in hand and just scalp some for these sections. Is that too risky not to get a seat??? I have seen them twice this tour (Toronto and Vegas) and don't want to miss them in Tx. Any thoughts??

I'll be there. I've been to several shows at the Erwin Center, and, yes there usually are scalpers (unless it's someone like a U2). The fact that your pretty choosey about what SECTION you get...... don't know how that would work with scalpers.

I would say that if you and your buddy are already going to be DOWN in the area, it certainly couldn't hurt to venture over the arena and take a chance.

However, if you were coming all the way from Canada JUST to see the show.... then I might have second thoughts.

Good luck. Hope to see you there (I'll be the one in the Rush t shirt drinking a cold beer)

Clem