What New Music Are You Into?

sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 2 2005, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 2 2005, 03:04 PM)
A Canadian band called The Arcade Fire, first album "Funeral" is my favourite of the year so far. A touch of Flaming Lips/Mercury Rev, a soupcon of Talking Heads and a dash of Radiohead.

The Kaiser Chiefs' album "Employment" is another fave, as is the Kasabian album (eponymous), which has been knocking around since last year.

Man, I love Kasabian! I have Club Foot about 5 times on my iTunes playlist. I'll have to get the whole CD. Heard of Kaiser Chefs, haven't listened. Do you recommend?

Definitely recommend Kasabian. Club Foot is by no means the best on the album. The same goes for the Kaiser Chiefs.

I'd also recommend

The Zutons

The Decemberists

and I must mention

Ashley Sheehan and the Mute

which features my younger brother on fiddle and vocals.

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 2 2005, 06:06 PM)
Nine Inch Nails, Tiamat, Miles Beyond

How did you came across Tiamat, Dude?

I thought I was the only one who know them, OK RR too. biggrin.gif

You are actually starting to enjoy NIN???? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Phoenix @ May 3 2005, 12:57 PM)

How did you came across Tiamat, Dude?

I thought I was the only one who know them, OK RR too. biggrin.gif

RR

Plus, I browse through a lot of metal message boards, so I'm bound to hear of every metal band out there sooner or later...

Edited by kazzman

Wot?? There is NEW music....? ...and...some of it is... good!? http://www.websmileys.com/sm/music/musik26.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 3 2005, 07:10 PM)
I got Kasabian, and WOW! Cool.... Good call you guys!  cool.gif

Yeah Sue that's a great album, I'll be seeing Kasabian live in Manchester in July when they support Oasis biggrin.gif I can't wait! 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ May 3 2005, 01:16 PM)

Yeah Sue that's a great album, I'll be seeing Kasabian live in Manchester in July when they support Oasis biggrin.gif I can't wait! 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Oasis? I thought they all killed eachother. laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 3 2005, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ May 3 2005, 01:16 PM)

Oasis? I thought they all killed eachother. laugh.gif

Not quite laugh.gif

They are always falling out (sometimes on stage which is not good for the fans) but at the end of the day blood is thicker than water and the Gallagher brothers always seem to make up unsure.gif

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ May 3 2005, 02:47 PM)
The Mars Volta--Frances the Mute is a crazy monster. I love it.

And my other favourite band besides Rush is Live, who will have a new album out soon.

I love Live. Wasn't aware of a new recording coming out. That's awesome. Chad Grace is an amazing drummer, especially to see live.

Another band I'm really enjoying at the moment isThe Futureheads (although they've been about for a while).

Futureheads' cover of Kate Bush's Hounds of Love is class, their sound is a bit like Wire/Gang of Four. Post punk jangly guitars, good stuff.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 5 2005, 08:09 AM)
Another band I'm really enjoying at the moment isThe Futureheads (although they've been about for a while).

Futureheads' cover of Kate Bush's Hounds of Love is class, their sound is a bit like Wire/Gang of Four. Post punk jangly guitars, good stuff.

I just bought Hounds of Love a couple days ago at the recommendation of Puppetking2112, not at all disappointed. Might have to check that band you are talking about out.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 5 2005, 09:09 AM)

THE FUTUREHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE these guys!!!!! They are on university campus radio here biggrin.gif listen to that all the time...they get alot of airplay biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ May 5 2005, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 5 2005, 09:09 AM)

THE FUTUREHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE these guys!!!!! They are on university campus radio here biggrin.gif listen to that all the time...they get alot of airplay biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah The Futureheads are a really up-and-coming band at the moment here in the UK, they recently played a set on Radio 1's live lounge yesterday morning..they were superb applaudit.gif

Coldplay, Incubus, Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Opeth, Rammstein, Oleander, Cake, Third Day, U2 (OK, not really new... they're sort of like Floyd was around Momentary Lapse), David Gray, Neal Morse, The Mars Volta, Proto-Kaw, Ayreon, Tiles, Pallas, Enchant, The Flower Kings, Los Lonely Boys, Anberlin, Project 86, Mai, Echolyn, Emery....

Plus I get tons of great new independent jazz and prog, and rock and metal, some ambient, some electronica/rock. Anything goes.