MEET & GREET

jmdyyz

Win A Meet and Greet With Rush!

Check it out: every week RUSH BACKSTAGE will draw two winners to win a pair of Meet and Greet passes to meet RUSH during the Time Machine 2011 tour. The winners will meet members of the band,( YOU KNOW IT'S ONLY GED & ALEX") before the show. These lucky people will have the opportunity to say hello and have their picture taken with the guys!

In order to qualify to win the prize, entrants MUST already have in their possession tickets to a Rush Time Machine concert during the Time Machine 2011 tour. Rush Backstage will not be providing concert tickets to the winners. Good luck!

Edited by jmdyyz

Thanks for the heads up.

I was pricing items on that site this past weekend to compare with the show prices. I cant believe I missed the sign-up in the right hand side.

Must have been spacing again. wink.gif

I'm glad my phone has email.

KK

Edited by Kubla~Khan

QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Mar 30 2011, 12:28 AM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 29 2011, 06:44 PM)
Thanks man. Maybe they'll give priority to the suckers who took part in the pre-sale.

Suckers how? I got decent seats and won the Meet & Greet for Phoenix.

Good for you cool.gif

QUOTE (traeplien @ Mar 29 2011, 08:34 PM)
I just don't get why anybody needs to meet them. I would feel so silly getting my picture taken with any celebrity.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

QUOTE (kooma @ Mar 30 2011, 05:52 AM)
Thanks man. Maybe they'll give priority to the suckers who took part in the pre-sale.

Good for you cool.gif

I got good seats from the presale, but when tix actually went on sale I could have had better. I should have bought anyways and sold the others. Live and learn, presales don't have the best seats.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Mar 30 2011, 09:07 AM)
I just don't get why anybody needs to meet them. I would feel so silly getting my picture taken with any celebrity.

Their music inspired me to play drums and drums are what's keeping me from having a major relapse back into video game addiction. It would be nice to be able to take a picture with them and say thanks.

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Mar 30 2011, 08:07 AM)

I mean, is it me or does "meet and great" have "geek" written all over it?? wacko.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 30 2011, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (kooma @ Mar 30 2011, 05:52 AM)

Good for you cool.gif

I got good seats from the presale, but when tix actually went on sale I could have had better. I should have bought anyways and sold the others. Live and learn, presales don't have the best seats.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Mar 30 2011, 09:07 AM)

Their music inspired me to play drums and drums are what's keeping me from having a major relapse back into video game addiction. It would be nice to be able to take a picture with them and say thanks.

It would be nice but if you ever approached Neil, he would run for the hills which would probably make you feel embarrassed. Just saying.

Because the one big named celebrity I met was a straight female and she copped a feel. If I want a celebrity to cop a feel, I at least want it to be a dude. Just sayin'. sarcasm.gif

Oh yeah, and I'm a giddy fangirl! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (traeplien @ Mar 30 2011, 09:26 AM)

I mean, is it me or does "meet and great" have "geek" written all over it?? wacko.gif

no...but "meat and Greet" does...

LOL,

Well 31 year fan here. Let me tell you my giddy reasons to have a meet and greet.

For me Rush was my spark that lit the fire inside me to pursue playing and writing music. I was all of 10 years old when I heard Moving Pictures and I knew at that precise moment after hearing Red Barchetta that i wanted to make music. And more specifically music in that scope. Big, epic story telling with guitars bass and drums in all it's glory.

I still remember that moment like yesterday.

Last night around 11PM a very close and long time friend and fellow musician (a guy I played in an original band with for over 20 years) called me to let me know he scored some meet and greet passes for me, my wife and 6 year old son as well as himself and another buddy going to the show tonight.

I know it will be so brief and quick. However for me personally to be able to just shake their hands and personally thank them for 31 plus years of musical inspiration means a heck of a lot to me. And i know they have heard it 1000's of times but you can bet it also means something everytime they hear it. To me when your music has that kind of impact on people, that is the ultimate reward.

I will treasure this moment tonight. I am not a star struck fan, it will be one musician to another saying thanks.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (35goinon13 @ Mar 30 2011, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Mar 30 2011, 09:26 AM)

no...but "meat and Greet" does...

Good point.

Edited by traeplien

QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 30 2011, 10:18 AM)

LOL,

Well 31 year fan here. Let me tell you my giddy reasons to have a meet and greet.

For me Rush was my spark that lit the fire inside me to pursue playing and writing music. I was all of 10 years old when I heard Moving Pictures and I knew at that precise moment after hearing Red Barchetta that i wanted to make music. And more specifically music in that scope. Big, epic story telling with guitars bass and drums in all it's glory.

Last night around 11PM a very close and long time friend and fellow musician (a guy I played in an original band with for over 20 years) called me to let me know he scored some meet and greet passes for me, my wife and 6 year old son as well as himself and another buddy going to the show tonight.

I know it will be so brief and quick. However for me personally to be able to just shake their hands and personally thank them for 31 plus years of musical inspiration means a heck of a lot to me. And i know they have heard it 1000's of times but you can bet it also means something everytime they hear it. To me when your music has that kind of impact on people, that is the ultimate reward.

I will treasure this moment tonight. I am not a star struck fan, it will be one musician to another saying thanks.

I feel the same way. Not enough hours in the day to tell you the influence their music has had on my life and also my wife's. Still, I wouldn't want to be one of those goofy people who get all starstruck around celebrities. Guess that's just me.

QUOTE (traeplien @ Mar 30 2011, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 30 2011, 10:18 AM)

LOL,

I feel the same way. Not enough hours in the day to tell you the influence their music has had on my life and also my wife's. Still, I wouldn't want to be one of those goofy people who get all starstruck around celebrities. Guess that's just me.

Well my point is I won't be star struck. I speak their language. It really will be a calm thing. I have met other bands in the past (Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Candlebox, Blind Melon a bunch others) and I am not the star struck type as I have been playing my whole life and really just look at them as another musician and with some of those bands had a great chance to talk shop.

With Rush I know I won't be able to talk at all. It would be cool to meet them in a non formal way...bump into them in public etc. But this is the only way I will probably ever have a chance to at least say thank you for the influence and inspiration.

But yeah I hear you we can talk for hours about that. LOL.

If I was hired to do a tile job for Geddy, it would be a different story. Thats my comfort zone and I love to engage in conversation with my customers. I once did a job for an NHL hockey player and we talked hockey for what seemed like hours.

On the other hand, if I saw Gedd in a restaurant, I might give a quick, "whats up, Gedd", but I wouldn't approach him. If I saw Neil, I would run away, lmao.

My 6 year old son is no doubt going to ask where is Neil?

He is a huge Rush fan, plays the drums (yep he really does) and loves Neil. Hope he can get a chuckle out of Geddy and Alex.

As much as I am looking forward to "meeting" them, if you can call it that. I do not see them as celebrity. More of someone I have a great respect for and admire their work, similar to an author or researcher.

Neil? Eh, he is so pretentious I have no desire to meet him. Surprised he has not locked himself away Howard Hughes style...

QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Mar 30 2011, 12:10 PM)
As much as I am looking forward to "meeting" them, if you can call it that. I do not see them as celebrity. More of someone I have a great respect for and admire their work, similar to an author or researcher.

Neil? Eh, he is so pretentious I have no desire to meet him. Surprised he has not locked himself away Howard Hughes style...

I don't think Neil is pretentious. I think Neil is a true social hermet. He does not handle meeting strangers well at all and I respect him for not doing something he is very uncomfortable doing. It makes it a more pleasent experience for all of us. I would hate to get a cold shoulder from someone doing a meet and greet. That is more insulting to me than the guy just not being there.

I thought Neil explained it well in BLTS and really in Limelight. That song says it all.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Mar 30 2011, 12:10 PM)

He's not pretentious. He just isn't into meeting people he's never met in his life and pretending like he's known them his entire life and getting hugs and kisses on the cheek. I agree with him, how embarrassing. I have more respect more him and his views on that than anyone in the music industry. A real human being with real feelings and he refuses to act people.

You want a perfect example of why Neil doesn't meet people? Watch the video on Youtube of Alex being released from jail and watch the short, fat woman attempt to actually hug and kiss him. Are you f***ing kidding me?! What is wrong with people. He should have punched her in the face.