Any Rush fans out there like Def Leppard

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ May 10 2005, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 2 2005, 11:52 AM)

Rick Allen lost his arm in a car accident not too far away from me here, on the Snakes Pass, a notorious road that links Manchester with Sheffield (Home town of the band). I've even been to the hospital he was treated at.

Apparently he was overtaking a car and had a head-on collision. I think he had a 1970's Camaro or something American, anyway, it was a fast car!

It took him years of rehabilitation to get back to playing again. His right(?) arm stick is played with a foot pedal.

A bad thing about him though is that he is a self-confessed wife beater mad.gif

RickyRob, it was a brand new Chevy Corvette, he was not used to driving a left hand drive car, did no compensate for the bend, when trying to pass an Alfa and hit a wall and the car flipped, cut his LEFT arm off, and only took him about....6-8 months of recovery to when he was back playing with the band.

Just to clarify your post.

I just knew it was an american car. What I meant about the getting back playing was that the band didn't record for something like 4(?) years. Cheers for that def wink.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... because of this thread I ripped all of my Def Leppard CDs in their entirety. My MP3 player is now stuffed with DL tunes. It's awesome!!

Def Leppard are also one of my favourite bands. I have all the albums from On Through The Night to X and all the DVD's. Favs are definitely Hign N Dry, Hysteria, Slang, Euphoria and X.

QUOTE (OzzMosiz @ May 20 2005, 07:07 AM)
Def Leppard are also one of my favourite bands. I have all the albums from On Through The Night to X and all the DVD's. Favs are definitely Hign N Dry, Hysteria, Slang, Euphoria and X.

I'm a HUGE fan of Euphoria. It's three times the album I thought it was going to be. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love when you get lucky and that actually happens.

I love Euphoria, but not too fond of X. Its a good album, dont get me wrong, but its just not....hard enough for me, ill stick with Euphoria, Slang, and the early LEP, but all their stuff is Grade A Tunes.

Yes it is, but only has 1 minor flaw. The final mix volume is not loud enough. If the album was as loud as VT it would be rockin'

bumper.gif

I hadn't listened to these guys in ages, but Pyromania is one of my five favorite studio albums by anyone. For some reason I've been on a binge the last few days, and have actually picked up Euphoria, X, Yeah! and Songs From the Sparkle Lounge. They're all pretty good. I've never been crazy about their pop balladish stuff that really started with half of Hysteria, but I do like the rockers. I had stopped buying at Adrenalize. I may have made a mistake, as I think all the stuff I've heard after that is actually better.

The reviews for Slang suggest it doesn't have that classic sound. Is it worth picking up before the fever breaks and I move on to another band to binge on?

I am a big fan of early Def Leppard. I have the first 4 (best) albums and Retroactive. I got to see them twice on the Hysteria tour (once w/ Tesla opening, once w/ Queensryche opening). I bought Adrenalize when it first came out and sold it back to the campus CD store a week later. Bleh! Vivian Campbell has said that he has been very happy playing with Thin Lizzy and his original Dio bandmates because he gets to play a lot more guitar than he does nowadays in Def Leppard.

I'm glad that they can continue to make money touring. But, (IMO) Def Leppard died with Steve Clark. I just haven't been a fan of anything they've done since 1987.

In my book they only put out 3 albums, the first 3

I love the first three albums. I saw them on the Pyromania tour with Krokus opening. I own, and like (don't love), Hysteria. I bought Adrenalize, and probably haven't listened to it in 20 years. I actually think that's their worst album.

Nothing compares with their first 3 albums, but the stuff I just recently discovered is enjoyable enough. Yeah!, which is all 70s glam rock covers, is pretty cool. I may pick up Slang just to complete the collection.

I love Def Leppard...

...they are so amazing live.

I'm seeing them in Newark at the Prudential Center on July 11th.

(I've got an extra set of tickets, lower level, section 18, row 12 at face value, if anyone is interested...$270.00 for the pair).

And then again in Pittsburgh in August (Front row).

Been a fan since Hign N Dry...and haven't looked back since!

Love the first 2 albums, especially High N Dry. One of the greatest hard rock albums of all time. Love Pyromania but it's a bit overpolished. Does bring back alot of memories of the summer of '83. Love Hysteria, although I HATED it when it came out and didnt warm up to it until about 5 years ago. My wife kinda got me into it, as I tried to sell High N Dry to her (didnt land). Not much of a fan of anything since Steve Clark died. When he died, so did the band.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Jun 26 2012, 07:27 PM)
I saw them open for Ozzy in '81 pretty good concert , but I don't think I've bought anythiing of theirs since Pyromania.

Smart

Those hit songs from Hysteria are basically the soundtrack to my life when I was 7 to 8 1/2 years old. Pour Some Sugar On Me and Love Bites brings back Summer 88 memories as a child.

Didn't get Hysteria until a few years ago, though, when I rented it at a local library and burned it on a CD-R. Only other one I own is Pyromania although I've given their first two albums a spin once.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 26 2012, 04:39 PM)
In my book they only put out 3 albums, the first 3

Almost agree...except I say 4.

I know Hysteria is a bit 'poppy' if you will...and very radio-friendly, but it still rocks IMO.

I understand it's not for everyone, and different from the first 3. But, I still enjoy it alot.

Pyromania is fantastic. 1022.gif

I can listen to any up to and including Pyromania. After that they went from a metal band to a cheesy hair band. 062802puke_prv.gif

High and Dry kicks some serious ass. 1022.gif

Picked up Slang and gave it a spin today. It's quite different from the rest of the catalog. It's more like the "nu-metal" of the mid 90s.

Slang and Adrenalize are my least favorite of their post Hysteria catalog. The other stuff is pretty good. If you don't like anything off Hysteria I suspect you won't like it though.

I'm gonna give Euphoria another spin on the train ride home.