Acoustic soft ballad poll - out of nowhere!!!

treeduck

Which song do you like better?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you like better?

• If you Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
    • Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
    • I can't decide between them, I call it a tie
    • I'm not familiar with either song
    • I don't like either
    • I don't care about this and yet somehow I'm in the thread

I am related to Jim Croce through marriage and I love Maury Muelheisen's guitar playing. That being said, I voted for Gordon Lightfoot because that song is pure magic and he was the first singer that I recognized as a little kid in the 70s. I remember hearing Sundown on the radio and telling my mother that it sounded like the guy who sang Carefree Highway. She said it was and my love for music began.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Mar 26 2011, 09:35 PM)
I am related to Jim Croce through marriage and I love Maury Muelheisen's guitar playing. That being said, I voted for Gordon Lightfoot because that song is pure magic and he was the first singer that I recognized as a little kid in the 70s. I remember hearing Sundown on the radio and telling my mother that it sounded like the guy who sang Carefree Highway. She said it was and my love for music began.

Cool! I love Jim and Maury! God bless those guys! How sad! Maury was such a large part of Jim's sound and band. Not many people know how great he was/is.

Check him out!:

http://www.maurymuehleisen.com/

Like them both, maybe a very slight edge to Croce between these two. Overall, I might give a slight edge to Lightfoot. But it's close. Lightfoot is coming here and I'd seriously think of going if the show wasn't on Mother's Day! angry.gif