Paul

The Owl

Just got back from seeing this film... very funny...

I'd recommend it... If you liked "Fanboys" it is very similar to that, but with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and with Seth Rogen as the voice of the alien "Paul"

I love almost anything that either Simon Pegg or Nick Frost is in, but Seth Rogen steals the show IMO... very well made comedy.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 3 2011, 06:27 PM)
Going on a date in a few hours and we chose to see this one...Several friends have told me it is pretty funny and I hope it is.

This film is very comparable to the movie "Fanboys" If you like that film you will like this.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 3 2011, 08:22 PM)
Going on a date in a few hours and we chose to see this one...Several friends have told me it is pretty funny and I hope it is.

This film is very comparable to the movie "Fanboys" If you like that film you will like this.

Just got back home. It is a funny movie though I wouldn't consider it a classic or anything. I'd give it a 6/10.

I haven't seen Fan Boys yet. Will have to check it out some day.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 3 2011, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 3 2011, 08:22 PM)

Just got back home. It is a funny movie though I wouldn't consider it a classic or anything. I'd give it a 6/10.

I haven't seen Fan Boys yet. Will have to check it out some day.

I wasn't expecting a classic when I saw it, but it was a solid comedy I think.....

Both Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz would be in my top 10 comedies of all time, (Hot Fuzz might crack my top 5), Paul did not have the directing of Edgar Wright though... who directed and co-wrote Shaun and Fuzz.... so my expectations were not as high as it would have been if Wright were involved.