WILLING TO PAY 3K FOR A MEET AND GREET OPPORTUNITY

tapermike

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 20 2011, 06:18 PM)
You know what? I'm not going to give you a hard time on this.

That's how a free market works, right? We all to some extent decide what things/experiences are worth to us. If a meet and greet is worth $3000 to you, then I wish you good luck.

trink39.gif

My favorite football team went to the superbowl a few years ago. I spent a week straight debating if I should spend the $1800 to go. I did, my team one and it was the best spent money. Had I decided not to go I'd regret it forever. From now I am looking for experiences that are important to me. It is a lot of money but I am one of those people that is happy seeing one show (close up) and not buy T-shirts, programs etc. What are shirts now 60$?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tapermike @ Mar 21 2011, 05:37 AM)

That's how a free market works, right? We all to some extent decide what things/experiences are worth to us. If a meet and greet is worth $3000 to you, then I wish you good luck.

trink39.gif

My favorite football team went to the superbowl a few years ago. I spent a week straight debating if I should spend the $1800 to go. I did, my team one and it was the best spent money. Had I decided not to go I'd regret it forever. From now I am looking for experiences that are important to me. It is a lot of money but I am one of those people that is happy seeing one show (close up) and not buy T-shirts, programs etc. What are shirts now 60$?

Makes sense, if it is that imprtant to you.

I wish you the very best Tapermike.

~RGLT

PS...which show(s) on the upcoming tour are you planning on?

I DID PRESS FOR BILLBOARD WAS W/ ALEX OVER 2 HOURS-

30 sec -$3,000- 2 hours!!!!!!!$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jmdyyz

QUOTE (tapermike @ Mar 21 2011, 02:37 AM)

trink39.gif

You can't take it with you.

And I was trying to think, if I had just one meet and greet pass, would I sell it to someone for $3000?

It's hard to know what you'd really do unless it happened.

I think I would not sell.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 21 2011, 07:18 AM)
as many of us know, you don't have to attend a 'formal' M&G to meet the guys and/or get a photo with them

Apparently you know something the rest of us don't know. Unless you're willing to share your secret, please don't brag about it. Unless you're in the music industry, it's impossible, in my opinion.

You can Meet me for $500

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 21 2011, 08:29 AM)
QUOTE (Rodney Kolterman @ Mar 21 2011, 09:21 AM)
Dude... I think you just made Michael Mosbach's "Persons of Interest" list.

Mike's not a bad guy, actually! wink.gif

You've met him? No way.

Do tell.

When they are not touring, you would have a better chance of meeting Geddy during a spring training Toronto Blue Jays game in Florida.

I met Geddy at a Detroit Tigers/Blue Jays game in Lakeland some years ago.

I think that was more awesome because it wasn't a staged event.

But if one has the disposable income and that's what they want to do, then go for it.

If I had an extra M&G ticket, I would take someone up on $3000!

QUOTE (Derxst @ Mar 21 2011, 09:33 AM)
When they are not touring, you would have a better chance of meeting Geddy during a spring training Toronto Blue Jays game in Florida.

But if one has the disposable income and that's what they want to do, then go for it.

That's a good suggestion for baseball fans. I am not, so I would feel like a stalker if i did that! I'm glad you got the chance, though. That's awesome.

Since I live way off the beaten track, I would be more likely to meet Neil on one of his motorcycle trips. He came near here on his Ghost Rider trip. But I'm actually more interested in meeting Geddy or Alex, since I respect Neil's desire to avoid being recognized.

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Mar 21 2011, 10:50 AM)
as many of us know, you don't have to attend a 'formal' M&G to meet the guys and/or get a photo with them

Apparently you know something the rest of us don't know. Unless you're willing to share your secret, please don't brag about it. Unless you're in the music industry, it's impossible, in my opinion.

who's bragging, pal?

this isn't 'secret' information, it's pretty common knowledge

if you're interested in meeting Alex, Geddy or even Neil for that matter, put 5 minutes of thought into it, you'll arrive at the answer I did 24 years ago

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 21 2011, 12:01 PM)

who's bragging, pal?

if you're interested in meeting Alex, Geddy or even Neil for that matter, put 5 minutes of thought into it, you'll arrive at the answer I did 24 years ago

I live almost 3000 miles from Toronto and can't afford to fly there, so that rules out that idea. Okay, I've thought for 5 minutes and can't come up with any other ideas! I shouldn't have assumed you're bragging, but I've encountered some other braggarts online, usually people with "connections," but I shouldn't assume you're one of those. It's actually not as important to me as it used to be.

Cheers trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 21 2011, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 21 2011, 03:53 PM)
You can Meet me for $500

I've met you, hellsh*t, I drank your beer too! Does that mean I'm up $500??!?!?! 1022.gif

You are Irish , you get a pass laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Mar 21 2011, 12:33 PM)

who's bragging, pal?

I live almost 3000 miles from Toronto and can't afford to fly there, so that rules out that idea. Okay, I've thought for 5 minutes and can't come up with any other ideas! I shouldn't have assumed you're bragging, but I've encountered some other braggarts online, usually people with "connections," but I shouldn't assume you're one of those. It's actually not as important to me as it used to be.

Cheers trink39.gif

Okay, my interest is piqued now. Common knowledge? Does anyone know what Ghostworks is talking about?

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Mar 21 2011, 07:54 PM)

who's bragging, pal?

Cheers trink39.gif

Okay, my interest is piqued now. Common knowledge? Does anyone know what Ghostworks is talking about?

I am pretty sure ghostworks stalked them. Camped out outside their hotels each and every night of a tour until he finally "accidentally' bumped into them.

This was on the Hold Your Fire tour. He did some time in prison and Rush has a restraining order that prevents him from getting within 50 miles of them.

This is the answer he had arrived at 24 years ago..

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (Derxst @ Mar 21 2011, 11:33 AM)

Someone said they saw Geddy at a ball game and approached him and said how much they loved his music. His response? "Yeah well, you're in my space."

$3000.00?! ohmy.gif FORGET IT! Someone else saw Neil and Carrie hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains. Said to Neil, "I don't mean to bother you, but aren't you...?" Before the man could finish, Neil interrupted, "If you don't want to bother me, why are you bothering me?"

$3000.00 for that?! ohmy.gif rofl3.gif FORGET IT!

You stand a better chance of meeting Obama than Neil. That is no joke.

Alex I have heard is very nice. yes.gif applaudit.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Earthshine

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 19 2011, 05:27 PM)
From one Rush fan to another.

I've had the opportunity to attend a meet and greet.

Although I am glad to have had the opportunity, I will say that it is not worth $3000 to do so.

It is a rather hurried proposition, with mere seconds (and those here who have attended at M&G can attest to) with Alex and Geddy.

It is so quick and impersonal, the photo op is the cool souvenier, but that it about it.

goodpost.gif

I agree. It was great to have had that experience and I love having the photograph of me with the guys, but it was over before it even registered with my emotions that it was really happening. Probably not worth the $3000 unless you're an obsessed fan with money to burn, and definitely not worth $3000 and roundtrip airfare.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 21 2011, 11:23 PM)

who's bragging, pal?

Cheers trink39.gif

I am pretty sure ghostworks stalked them. Camped out outside their hotels each and every night of a tour until he finally "accidentally' bumped into them.

This was on the Hold Your Fire tour. He did some time in prison and Rush has a restraining order that prevents him from getting within 50 miles of them.

I don't camp, and I've never been incarcerated

but you're getting there... wink.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 22 2011, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 21 2011, 11:23 PM)

who's bragging, pal?

Cheers trink39.gif

I don't camp, and I've never been incarcerated

but you're getting there... wink.gif

Thanks for all your responses. If I can't have a decent conversation, I think I would rather not meet them. The music is what matters to me anyways. I consider myself fortunate to be going to a show this summer, and getting closer seats than I ever have. Rush on!

653.gif 653.gif

I don't know. I would probably contact their management and tell them you have $3000 for one of their favourite charities if you can get in on the meet and greet at your local venue.