WILLING TO PAY 3K FOR A MEET AND GREET OPPORTUNITY

tapermike

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 22 2011, 11:43 AM)
I don't know. I would probably contact their management and tell them you have $3000 for one of their favourite charities if you can get in on the meet and greet at your local venue.

goodpost.gif

This is the greatest idea ever.

Giving to charity >>>> paying some guy (or gal).

Hey, it might even work! I mean -- it might not (in fact I find it kind of unlikely) but it'd be worth a shot.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 22 2011, 12:43 PM)
I don't know. I would probably contact their management and tell them you have $3000 for one of their favourite charities if you can get in on the meet and greet at your local venue.

goodpost.gif This is a fantastc idea...then the money goes to a worthy cause.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 21 2011, 11:14 PM)
Someone else saw Neil and Carrie hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains. Said to Neil, "I don't mean to bother you, but aren't you...?" Before the man could finish, Neil interrupted, "If you don't want to bother me, why are you bothering me?"

Yikes!

If I ever saw him, I'd run up to him with arms flailing, screaming "DOOD!!! RUSH IS AWESOME!!!!!" We'd be high-fiving and giving big bear hugs. "f**k YEAH!! NEIL PEART IS GOD!!!" Then I'd turn to the stunned crowd and give them the metal horns (you know, these things... 1022.gif ....) and shout "THAT'S RIGHT!! I HAVE DINED ON HONEYDEW, BITCHES!!" Then Neil would give me a ride on the back of his bike to a nice bar somewhere, where he'd buy me drinks and we'd talk for hours and hours about every Rush song he's written.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

laugh.gif

Seriously I think if I saw saw Neil Peart somewhere out in public I would just nod, smile, and keep walking.

653.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Mar 22 2011, 02:18 PM)
However, when you think a little deeper into it, and from the viewpoint of management, it starts to feel a little strange. Is this guy a fan or a stalker with a clever way to get at the object/s of his obsession?

Very strange,

This is exactly what my wife said to me when I showed her the post.

Then issued the warning, if you win M&G you better not.

Creepy!

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 22 2011, 02:22 PM)
Someone else saw Neil and Carrie hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains. Said to Neil, "I don't mean to bother you, but aren't you...?" Before the man could finish, Neil interrupted, "If you don't want to bother me, why are you bothering me?"

Yikes!

If I ever saw him, I'd run up to him with arms flailing, screaming "DOOD!!! RUSH IS AWESOME!!!!!" We'd be high-fiving and giving big bear hugs. "f**k YEAH!! NEIL PEART IS GOD!!!" Then I'd turn to the stunned crowd and give them the metal horns (you know, these things... 1022.gif ....) and shout "THAT'S RIGHT!! I HAVE DINED ON HONEYDEW, BITCHES!!" Then Neil would give me a ride on the back of his bike to a nice bar somewhere, where he'd buy me drinks and we'd talk for hours and hours about every Rush song he's written.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

laugh.gif

Seriously I think if I saw saw Neil Peart somewhere out in public I would just nod, smile, and keep walking.

653.gif

If I saw him in public I'd crack a "hey you remind me of someone I've seen.. you kinda look like Tom Hanks!" ridiculous joke or something.

Then a wink and a sincere "thanks for helping to fill my bookshelf and music library," and on my way.

...Actually, no, that probably wouldn't happen. I'm not that composed.

I'd stare for several seconds, blushing red as a tomato, and probably run away out of embarrassment. Either that or:

(Walk up to him, stare.)

"I think you're really cool."

(Walk away REALLY FAST.)

I think I would advise the OP against this too. I have been fortunate enough to meet a few celebrities I look up to like the cast of Mystery Science Theater a couple of years ago since they have free Meet and Greets after every show in their new Cinematic Titanic venture. It was cool but I think a big difference is they like to meet people whereas Rush, judging by available evidence, don't. This alone will prevent you from having any really meaningful exchange with them.

On the other hand, there are probably some who would say I am crazy for the around $300 I spent to see the Cinematic Titanic show (airfare + hotel + ticket to the show) and I consider it money well spent and might even do it again. I guess what I am trying to say is you should take a really long look at why you want to do this and what you hope to get out of it before dropping that much cash.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 22 2011, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Mar 22 2011, 02:22 PM)

Yikes!

Yeah, that's the ticket.

laugh.gif

653.gif

If I saw him in public I'd crack a "hey you remind me of someone I've seen.. you kinda look like Tom Hanks!" ridiculous joke or something.

Then a wink and a sincere "thanks for helping to fill my bookshelf and music library," and on my way.

...Actually, no, that probably wouldn't happen. I'm not that composed.

I'd stare for several seconds, blushing red as a tomato, and probably run away out of embarrassment. Either that or:

(Walk up to him, stare.)

"I think you're really cool."

(Walk away REALLY FAST.)

I'd probably either nod or just do something like go up to them and say "Excuse me sir, I just wanted to say thank you." before walking off.

rofl3.gif I laughed pretty hard at Earthsine's post. WIN!

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 22 2011, 12:43 PM)

already tried the charity route - no dice

Given the degree that music can play in one's life, if you have the disposable income, I say why not? There are chapters in my life that I can attribut my making it through those times with music. Everyone from Pennywise to Bad Religion to Social Distortion to Flogging Molly to Rush. Music is so much more than just music to so many people.

I have a respect for the Rush guys but I also seriously have a man crush on Greg Graffin as well. I would pay thousands for the chance to meet Greg.

QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Mar 26 2011, 09:12 PM)
Given the degree that music can play in one's life, if you have the disposable income, I say why not? There are chapters in my life that I can attribut my making it through those times with music. Everyone from Pennywise to Bad Religion to Social Distortion to Flogging Molly to Rush. Music is so much more than just music to so many people.

I have a respect for the Rush guys but I also seriously have a man crush on Greg Graffin as well. I would pay thousands for the chance to meet Greg.

Exactly.

We simply do not know this guy's economic situation. While 3K may sound like a ridiculous amount to most of us, this guy may be a multi-millionaire. $3,000 has different meanings to everyone

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 27 2011, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (GTIMANiac @ Mar 26 2011, 09:12 PM)

Exactly.

We simply do not know this guy's economic situation. While 3K may sound like a ridiculous amount to most of us, this guy may be a multi-millionaire. $3,000 has different meanings to everyone

Agreed. I believe it is judgmental and presumptuous to try and decipher someone's motivation or means.

Win A Meet and Greet With Rush!

Check it out: every week RUSH BACKSTAGE will draw two winners to win a pair of Meet and Greet passes to meet RUSH during the Time Machine 2011 tour. The winners will meet members of the band, before the show. These lucky people will have the opportunity to say hello and have their picture taken with the guys!

In order to qualify to win the prize, entrants MUST already have in their possession tickets to a Rush Time Machine concert during the Time Machine 2011 tour. Rush Backstage will not be providing concert tickets to the winners. Good luck!

.....I'm.....Speechless..... I don't know whether to stand up and applaud this guy or weep uncontrollably about my personal financial situation. I would love to have the juice to put this offer out. I don't care if it's five seconds.

Good luck sir!

P.S. That 3 G's is a months salary for us schoolteachers but I'd do it in a heartbeat if I thought I could keep my marriage in tact.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Mar 19 2011, 12:43 PM)
I know I am going to get a ton of sacastic and cynical responses, but I am sure there is a contest winner out there who will let me be their guest for $3,000.00. Willing to fly to any show for this opportunity. I am serious!

I did the meet n greet thing with Rush. I said "thanks for all the music" after seeing them 30 times and supporting them since 1981, and alex and ged looked down and said "yea,yea, yea". They are tired on the road. A meet n greet is not what it seems. Its not a chance to hang and shoot the shit in a dressing room. You shake their hands and get a pic taken. Thats it.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 13 2011, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Mar 26 2011, 02:56 PM)
Can't imagine dropping 3 grand for a M&G, but if you want it that bad good luck!

Yes I wanted it that bad and it happened last night. The quest is over

Well, tell us!!!

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Apr 13 2011, 05:26 AM)
Is this for Real?!! Paying $1700.00 for Meet and Greet?!!

http://www.TicketCity.com/concert-tickets/...l-19-800pm.html

Yes. Most I have seen are 1750-2000 each for concert tickets and M&G Passes.

I will be listing mine at 4k for the pair and take offers from there wink.gif

The pictures taken at the events are here;

http://01ed31a.netsolhost.com/timemachine/index.html

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Apr 13 2011, 05:28 AM)
QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 13 2011, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Mar 26 2011, 02:56 PM)
Can't imagine dropping 3 grand for a M&G, but if you want it that bad good luck!

Yes I wanted it that bad and it happened last night. The quest is over

Well, tell us!!!

I'm glad it worked out for you!

I'm dying to hear about your experience. Was it what you had expected? Would you do it all over again?