WILLING TO PAY 3K FOR A MEET AND GREET OPPORTUNITY

tapermike

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tapermike @ Mar 19 2011, 11:43 AM)
I know I am going to get a ton of sacastic and cynical responses, but I am sure there is a contest winner out there who will let me be their guest for $3,000.00. Willing to fly to any show for this opportunity. I am serious!

I can let some really good totally fake ones go for $2,000... PM me.

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 19 2011, 12:54 PM)
By offering that, if this is serious, you might actually get some takers.

I am very serious. There are a few contests out there with presale packages, merchandise purchases, and radio stations. Once that envelope is picked up with me present at will call the lucky person gets 3 big ones.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Mar 19 2011, 03:41 PM)

I am very serious. There are a few contests out there with presale packages, merchandise purchases, and radio stations. Once that envelope is picked up with me present at will call the lucky person gets 3 big ones.

What if you get scammed and flew in for nothing?

Tapermike,

From one Rush fan to another.

I've had the opportunity to attend a meet and greet.

Although I am glad to have had the opportunity, I will say that it is not worth $3000 to do so.

It is a rather hurried proposition, with mere seconds (and those here who have attended at M&G can attest to) with Alex and Geddy.

It is so quick and impersonal, the photo op is the cool souvenier, but that it about it.

I am quite certain that your hard earned money can best be served elsewhere.

With much respect and best wishes,

RGLT

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 19 2011, 09:12 PM)

That's what worries me, to be honest...

Dude Meet and Greets are like so dull and sterile.

If you have that dosh spare then I suggest a donation to Chariddy mate.

$3,000 will be of great help to the Cosy Toes appeal for socks for the sockless, your money could help homeless people from losing their toes to frostbite.

Lersxt has Halitosis and Geddy has BO

That is 1K for every 30 seconds a total of 90 seconds.

That is how long the meet and greet will be. You go up..shake hands..exchange a few words...snap snap....off you go.

Your crazy dude.

Wish I had a couple of passes to sell you one for 3K.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 19 2011, 04:12 PM)

I am sure there is official correspondence via e-mail so I would request that as proof.

QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 19 2011, 07:33 PM)

That is how long the meet and greet will be. You go up..shake hands..exchange a few words...snap snap....off you go.

Your crazy dude.

It would be worth every penny

How about a letter, costs 40 cents or so for a stamp, send it off, and what if you got a reply? Sounds like these meets are pretty impersonal anyways.

Not bagging on M&Gs, they're really great I bet, but for $3000..? There's a difference between something priceless and spending a lot of money on something like this...

Besides, think how many SHOWS you could go to, with stellar seating, for 3K!!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 19 2011, 10:11 PM)
How about a letter, costs 40 cents or so for a stamp, send it off, and what if you got a reply? Sounds like these meets are pretty impersonal anyways.
Not bagging on M&Gs, they're really great I bet, but for $3000..? There's a difference between something priceless and spending a lot of money on something like this...
Besides, think how many SHOWS you could go to, with stellar seating, for 3K!!

I'd say depending on where you are, you could easily get one ticket for 3 shows with near front row + food + a hotel for that money. I'd say that would be more worth it than a M&G. Think of how much fun the road trip would be.

I was trying to be supportive earlier, but come on man. 3k for a photo? I'd rather pay someone 50$ to do a good photoshop job of me in a M&G.

The average ticket price for the first few rows of a RUSH show is around $175.00, you could go see them approximately 17 times for $3000.00

Wear a rainbow colored wig to each show, and I could almost bet they would eventually want to meet you. z7shysterical.gif

Just a thought,

KK

QUOTE (Kubla~Khan @ Mar 19 2011, 10:39 PM)
The average ticket price for the first few rows of a RUSH show is around $175.00, you could go see them approximately 17 times for $3000.00

Wear a rainbow colored wig to each show, and I could almost bet they would eventually want to meet you. z7shysterical.gif

Just a thought,

KK

I think that each decent seat cost has at least doubled now, and floor seats range in the 400$+ area per ticket. So probably a lot less than 17 concerts.

QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 19 2011, 07:33 PM)

Your crazy dude.

Since meet and greets are "no big deal" I should have no problem finding someone willing to sell.

If anyone here has meet and greet passes you are a complete idiot for not taking this man's offer.

The fact is that this is the way the market works. He has something to offer, and someone could benefit from accepting his money, as would the buyer benefit from meeting Rush (no matter how long it lasts).

If his appraisal of a Rush M&G is $3,000 so be it.

If your going to any of the shows which I'm sure you are just walk up to the line for meet and greet and offer the $3000 I'm sure you'll get a hundred takers. Heck offer $1000 I'm sure you'd get a hundred takers. Trust me If I we're standing in line waiting for my fist chance to meet and greet I'd give you mine for a $1000 without even thinking about it!

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 19 2011, 10:27 PM)
I'd rather pay someone 50$ to do a good photoshop job of me in a M&G.

I did a great Photoshop of me and my father using a photo I found from the TM tour.

He put it up in his office window and had people left and right asking him if it was real. Almost all of them thought it was.

What was the best was that the two people in the picture had the same basic body shape and height we both have. All I had to do was find pictures with our heads and faces in the right lighting and position. Thing came out great.

But I wouldn't charge for something that is practically free to make anyway.

If you have the disposable income, have a great time. I saw Rush for many, many years from the back and in the rafters. Now, I generally pay to be in the first two or three rows. It's worth it to me.

I hope you get to meet them. If you are willing to pay 3K then you must be serious. If you do then just don't mess it up. Stick your hand out (to Alex) and say, "Thanks for the music. I have really enjoyed it." He will smile and pat you on the back.

Trust me.

It worked for me.