We Had a small Earthquake in Montreal Area

snowdogged

I was in my house at 1:45 P.M. and I started hearing a rumbling sound in the walls. I didn't feel the earth shake but the rumbling in the walls lasted about 20 seconds. I thought to myself was that an earthquake or is it the landlord doing some work downstairs? The sound was very strange and I thought about putting the radio on to see if it was an earthquake but I just forgot about it. I saw my mother later in the afternoon and she asked me if I felt the earthquake. It was supposedly a 4.2.

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 16 2011, 03:38 PM)
Wow, well it doesn't seem that bad.

Nothing ever happens where i live no.gif (in the desert practically)

It's not bad, no damage or anything but it puts it in my head that these earthquakes seem to be happening more and more frequently around the world.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 16 2011, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 16 2011, 03:38 PM)
Wow, well it doesn't seem that bad.

Nothing ever happens where i live no.gif (in the desert practically)

It's not bad, no damage or anything but it puts it in my head that these earthquakes seem to be happening more and more frequently around the world.

Trust me, if something happens down here, the world is in trouble. And actually, the world is in trouble...now that I think about it, something did happen down here.

It snowed a tiny bit herre in 2004. It hadn't snowed here since the 60's, and supposedly that was an even lighter snow.

It just snowed here again about a month ago, this time a little heavier scared.gif

But it was still snow that melted when it touched the ground. But they cancelled school for that.

But seriousy on record, the first time it snowed in this city was early 1800's, then early 1900's, then 60's, then 2004, and now look at how close the two most recent are...

We better not have one here. Winter is bad enough without the ground & the highrises falling apart.

I'd be shaking in my boots.

That's terrible. Hope everyone is OK.

We better not have one here. Winter is bad enough without the ground & the highrises falling apart.

During the last few years, there have been a few occurrences of minor earthquakes recorded in my region of south-central Pennsylvania.

It is a very eerie experience to hear the earth rumble, feel the vibrations, movements and shaking of the ground and buildings. I haven't experienced this here in Pennsylvania, but I did several times during my time in Guatemala. Really made me feel insignificant and humbled.

Seriously? I was at Beri-UQAM library at the time and didn't feel a thing. Maybe it was while I was taking a nap on one of the referrence books....

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 16 2011, 07:03 PM)
Seriously? I was at Beri-UQAM library at the time and didn't feel a thing. Maybe it was while I was taking a nap on one of the referrence books....

Here is some info on it.

Link

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 16 2011, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 16 2011, 07:03 PM)

Here is some info on it.

Link

I didn't feel it at all. I guess I slept through it.

Archived