What is a good pair of earplugs for concerts?

Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Apr 5 2011, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 5 2011, 12:05 AM)
When I began playing drums I didn't wear earplugs but I soon realized what kind of damage it was having on my ears and how much my ears hurt after I'd finish.

Same goes for a concert--the ringing in your ears may go away after a while but the damage has been done, and it's permanent.

So now for the past 7 years or so that I've played drums I've worn earplugs every time I practice.
And I always wear them for any shows I go to.

I can only imagine how mad I'd become if I suffered from tinnitus.

Earplugs are GOOD!!!

If you play musical instruments, and even more so, play in a band, then ear plugs are paramount.

Just ask Lars Ulrich from Metallica, who suffers from severe tinnitus that he started experiencing when he was playing in Metallica in his early 20s. He would awaken in the middle of the night to go turn off the TV, but it was in fact his ringing that woke him up.. the TV was off.

Doesnt sound like a very fun thing to live with.

But apparently, we are SOFTIES. laugh.gif

Indeed they are.

Too bad for Ulrich, that sounds like a horrible thing to deal with every day & night.

And I'm ok with being a softie wink.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 6 2011, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Apr 5 2011, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 5 2011, 12:05 AM)
When I began playing drums I didn't wear earplugs but I soon realized what kind of damage it was having on my ears and how much my ears hurt after I'd finish.

Same goes for a concert--the ringing in your ears may go away after a while but the damage has been done, and it's permanent.

So now for the past 7 years or so that I've played drums I've worn earplugs every time I practice.
And I always wear them for any shows I go to.

I can only imagine how mad I'd become if I suffered from tinnitus.

Earplugs are GOOD!!!

If you play musical instruments, and even more so, play in a band, then ear plugs are paramount.

Just ask Lars Ulrich from Metallica, who suffers from severe tinnitus that he started experiencing when he was playing in Metallica in his early 20s. He would awaken in the middle of the night to go turn off the TV, but it was in fact his ringing that woke him up.. the TV was off.

Doesnt sound like a very fun thing to live with.

But apparently, we are SOFTIES. laugh.gif

Indeed they are.

Too bad for Ulrich, that sounds like a horrible thing to deal with every day & night.

And I'm ok with being a softie wink.gif

Me too smile.gif

I shouldnt let it anger me when I see others joking about it. Because what goes around, comes around.