Snooki to Wrestle in the Next Wrestlemania

snowdogged

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2011, 10:59 AM)
just when you thought tv couldn't get any worse, this comes along.

Here we go...

The "WRESTLING IS FAKE!!", "WRESTLING IS GARBAGE!" comments.

Blah Blah Blah...I've heard it my whole life.

The show is entertainment. I've been a life-long WWE fan, and have been watching it since I was a little kid, and Hulk Hogan was beating up Sgt. Slaughter!

I am not familiar with Jersey Shore, and can't say I know anything about Snookie besides seeing her on WWE last night.

With that said, WM is the show of shows, and Vince McMahon is a master of business. They will get tons of PPV buys, BUT...the main reason they will get most of those buys are the older WWE fans tuning in to watch the return of The Rock, as well as appearances by Stone Cold and Trish Stratus.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 15 2011, 10:14 AM)

Here we go...

The show is entertainment. I've been a life-long WWE fan, and have been watching it since I was a little kid, and Hulk Hogan was beating up Sgt. Slaughter!

I am not familiar with Jersey Shore, and can't say I know anything about Snookie besides seeing her on WWE last night.

With that said, WM is the show of shows, and Vince McMahon is a master of business. They will get tons of PPV buys, BUT...the main reason they will get most of those buys are the older WWE fans tuning in to watch the return of The Rock, as well as appearances by Stone Cold and Trish Stratus.

Are you serious? Wrestling is fake?

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 15 2011, 11:19 AM)

Here we go...

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

To this day...people still tell me this.

Like, honestly people...most of us fans know that it is all scripted. That doesn't change my opinion whatsoever.

Someday...those people will realize that MOVIES and their favourite TV shows are also scripted, and NOT real. wink.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 15 2011, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 15 2011, 11:19 AM)

Here we go...

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

To this day...people still tell me this.

Like, honestly people...most of us fans know that it is all scripted. That doesn't change my opinion whatsoever.

Someday...those people will realize that MOVIES and their favourite TV shows are also scripted, and NOT real. wink.gif

I don't watch wrestling but I use to be a little bit into it when I was younger. It may be scripted but you have to respect the punishment that these guys put their bodies through. You can call it fake but these guys bodies are in constant pain and they do frequently put their lives at risk with some of the things that they do.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 15 2011, 10:38 AM)
I think this just proved Tick's "The End is Near 2" thread in the politics forum.

I'm debating on whether to report this to a moderator or not as we are not suppose discuss what goes on in the Politics section of the forum! laugh.gif

So if I needed another reason to not watch Wrestlemania, I now have it.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 15 2011, 11:09 AM)
Snooki and Bieber as back to back Rolling Stones covers, sign #589345790 that RS Magazine sucks ass.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Mar 15 2011, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 15 2011, 11:09 AM)
Snooki and Bieber as back to back Rolling Stones covers, sign #589345790 that RS Magazine sucks ass.

goodpost.gif

x2

Here we go...

i was speaking of snooki and not the wrestling, and i go back to the sgt.slaughter days also, and george "the animal" steele. i loved that guy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Mar 16 2011, 12:41 PM)
I was always more of a Ric Flair fan myself, but yeah I still watch WWE occasionally.

With that being said, I have the best reason not to watch Wrestlemania. I'll be rocking out with Rush at Bridgestone Arena!!!!

1022.gif

NICE! That is a worthy reason to miss it. yes.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 16 2011, 12:04 PM)

Here we go...

i was speaking of snooki and not the wrestling, and i go back to the sgt.slaughter days also, and george "the animal" steele. i loved that guy. biggrin.gif

Sorry...didn't mean to come off that way either.

I guess I am just used to everyone always giving me the same old "Wrestling is fake" speech...been dealing with it forever.

I watch and follow it almost religiously, so it irritates me sometimes.

With that said, I agree...Snooki is NOT a reason to watch it. Definitely not the reason I will be watching it. Unfortunately, the use of celebs tends to come with the territory at WM. They try to open it up to the masses, and therefore capitalize on what's "in" at the time.

I don't know the first thing about 'Jersey Shore', but I know that it's pretty popular these days, so Vince being the businessman he is, is attempting to capitalize on it, which makes sense from that point of view.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 16 2011, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 16 2011, 12:04 PM)

Here we go...

Sorry...didn't mean to come off that way either.

I guess I am just used to everyone always giving me the same old "Wrestling is fake" speech...been dealing with it forever.

I watch and follow it almost religiously, so it irritates me sometimes.

With that said, I agree...Snooki is NOT a reason to watch it. Definitely not the reason I will be watching it. Unfortunately, the use of celebs tends to come with the territory at WM. They try to open it up to the masses, and therefore capitalize on what's "in" at the time.

I don't know the first thing about 'Jersey Shore', but I know that it's pretty popular these days, so Vince being the businessman he is, is attempting to capitalize on it, which makes sense from that point of view.

i have to admit, as much entertainment as wrestling provides, i would like to see this classless broad snooki get pile driven into the mat. tongue.gif

REALITY TV MUST DIE NOW!

I had to google "Snooki". I hate myself for having done so.

Side note to EmotionDetector: wrestling is fake.