Foo Fighters "Rope"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Foos have always been a singles band for me--I enjoy their hits but I'd never go out of my way to listen to an album of theirs. May check the new one out, "Rope" kicks ass.

As for Glee, I've seen a few episodes here and there and it's not the kind of thing I'd ever watch regularly but I didn't completely hate it. There are way worse shows on TV.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2011, 12:21 PM)
Just watched the Foo Fighters Storytellers session. I really dig these guys more. Awesome band. The new tune is slowly growing on me.

I've not seen that one, but i think i saw a promo fora new bio of those guys. I'd like to know the story behind the music myself. I've been stoked with these cats since i saw them pull jpjones & page onstage at wembley on their dvd. That was stellar imho.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 6 2011, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2011, 12:21 PM)
Just watched the Foo Fighters Storytellers session. I really dig these guys more. Awesome band. The new tune is slowly growing on me.

I've not seen that one, but i think i saw a promo fora new bio of those guys. I'd like to know the story behind the music myself. I've been stoked with these cats since i saw them pull jpjones & page onstage at wembley on their dvd. That was stellar imho.

I have the Wembley concert recorded on DVR from Palladia. I haven't watched it all yet...now I need to get on that! Jones with Page? Wow!

as the OP said, some basic hints of Rush/Zep right up front in the verses - very tight

I was mildly interested

then the chorus arrived

insipid - mailed in at the very best... wow

Watching Foo Fighters Live From Wembley right now and the documentary, "Back and Forth" is coming up next.

They are performing a concert at the Ed Sullivan Theater on Tuesday for an online concert...waiting to hear if I'll be selected to go...have my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This band is the real deal.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S27olb2BQ2k/TVw9HNL9NgI/AAAAAAAAAig/Ur8xQq_akZM/s1600/foo-fighters.jpg

I've always been a "moderate" fan of the Foo Fighters. I love all their mainstream songs, but don't own any complete albums and can't get much into any of their stuff outside of the "hits"

That being said, I love Rope and I watched the documentary Back and Forth yesterday and the snippets I heard of some of the others sounded very promising. For those interested, it's a very good film with lots of interesting stories within. For one, I had no idea Taylor Hawkins started out as Alanis Morrisette's drummer. I also had no idea they've gone through so many different members.

I definitely hear the Rush influence in Rope and I imagine we'll hear it in some of the other stuff in the album. It's clear that the Foo is heavily influenced by Rush. Obviously, Geddy and Alex played YYZ with Taylor Hawkins at a Foo concert in Toronto, they've played parts of Rush songs here and there in concert. The only Rush reference in the Foo Fighters documentary was showing the guitar player warm up to the beginning of Spirit of Radio

Looking forward to the album tomorrow and a tour! I have seen them at 3 festivals and they are always a great show

One other interesting thing mentioned in the documentary related to this new album: They insisted on recording it on tape in Analog. Absolutely awesome. They wanted it to sound raw, old school, and did it to make sure everyone was playing well because they wouldn't be able to fix it.

Would love to see Rush do this...but it wont happen.

Won tickets to the private show at Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC on 12 April, the day the CD was released.

The theater holds only 400 people.

Was front row, they played the entire new CD start to finish and an additional of their songs as well.

It was unbelievable...they were so good.

Had a chance to meet them before the show, just after their Letterman taping.

Long story...surreal to say the least.

The new CD is in heavy rotation on my Ipod...it is one their best releases and that's saying alot.

Loved the documentary...

This is a video of them doing "Wasted Light" live I believe in its entirety.

http://www.foofighters.tv/

I believe Butch Vig is producing this one, not Nick.

Note: the video is 49 minutes long

Archived