where neil lives

Ghostnotes

QUOTE (nealpert @ Mar 17 2011, 06:29 PM)
I think this thread should be merged with the "what would you do with neil for 8 hours" thread

When you guys rummage through his garbage let me know what shampoo he uses

Well, we know it's not PERT! wink.gif laugh.gif

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 17 2011, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 17 2011, 05:38 PM)
I've only one question...

does Neil really do his own yard work?

I betcha he hires illegals to avoid any damned Rush fans.

Did you not see the crowd in the Rush in Rio DVD?

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 17 2011, 10:02 PM)

Did you not see the crowd in the Rush in Rio DVD?

So whenever you watch the Rush in Rio DVD you observe the vast sea of illegals in the audience?

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 15 2011, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Dunkelkammer @ Mar 15 2011, 10:42 AM)
Neil lives in my heart...

...lives in my heart through his drum solos!

?_?

STALKER!!!!!

Yeah, well, I want to EAT Neil's heart, so he can be part of me forever and ever and ever. ph34r.gif

I know you are supposed to eat Liver with a nice Chainti. What goes with heart?

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Mar 17 2011, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 15 2011, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Dunkelkammer @ Mar 15 2011, 10:42 AM)
Neil lives in my heart...

...lives in my heart through his drum solos!

?_?

STALKER!!!!!

Yeah, well, I want to EAT Neil's heart, so he can be part of me forever and ever and ever. ph34r.gif

I know you are supposed to eat Liver with a nice Chainti. What goes with heart?

Who cares? It's Neil's heart - it'll taste good with Ripple, I'm sure.

(I'll let you know later).

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2011, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 16 2011, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 06:58 PM)
I don't think the fact that Ghostsnotes uses them should be held against him.

Hell yeah it can! Sabian is crap... I totally hold it against him.

Zildjian. The Only Serious Choice.

Well that's a different story. I still wish he used Zildjians. You think they wouldn't have made him a signature set of cymbals?

Just sayin...Zildjian and Sabian use pretty much the same formula. The guy who owns and runs Zildjian is the brother of the guy who owns and runs Sabian...personally, I like both - but every cymbal has it's own unique sound. Paiste, however...Paiste is a Paiste of Crap. yes.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Mar 18 2011, 12:13 AM)

Well that's a different story. I still wish he used Zildjians. You think they wouldn't have made him a signature set of cymbals?

Just sayin...Zildjian and Sabian use pretty much the same formula. The guy who owns and runs Zildjian is the brother of the guy who owns and runs Sabian...personally, I like both - but every cymbal has it's own unique sound. Paiste, however...Paiste is a Paiste of Crap. yes.gif

ever since neil got remarried i noticed a sudden trend in endorsements. signature drum sticks, more books. switching from zildjian to sabian because they were more "accommodating". im not saying its a bad thing. id be looking to maximize profit too.

earlier i noticed somebody talking about quick beat zildjians but im sure he used to use 13" new beats as i have an old zildjian poster that lists every cymbal he used to use in the late 80's. if he switched to quick beats later please correct me.

QUOTE (nealpert @ Mar 18 2011, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Mar 18 2011, 12:13 AM)

ever since neil got remarried i noticed a sudden trend in endorsements. signature drum sticks, more books. switching from zildjian to sabian because they were more "accommodating". im not saying its a bad thing. id be looking to maximize profit too.

earlier i noticed somebody talking about quick beat zildjians but im sure he used to use 13" new beats as i have an old zildjian poster that lists every cymbal he used to use in the late 80's. if he switched to quick beats later please correct me.

Ever since he remarried, Rush has had a resurgence anyways. So, I'd say that THAT was the reason for the endorsements. When you're on a roll you go with it

I didn't wade through all 9 pages of this crap but I want to say something.

Last year I visited New Orleans for vacation. My lady and I took a walk through the garden district. We saw Peyton Manning's house. We saw John Goodman's house. We saw Anne Rice's old house. It's no big deal.

We didn't go there specifically to see those properties - it's actually quite a beautiful area with amazing architecture. We saw a lot of houses owned by people I've never heard of as well.

The point is that because these people are celebrities it's interesting to see where they live. As long as you aren't camped out waiting for them to open the door or peaking in windows or going through their trash...

It aint stalking.

By the reasoning put forth here anyone who takes a tour of the hollywood stars homes is a stalker.

QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 18 2011, 12:12 PM)
I didn't wade through all 9 pages of this crap but I want to say something.

Last year I visited New Orleans for vacation.  My lady and I took a walk through the garden district.  We saw Peyton Manning's house.  We saw John Goodman's house.  We saw Anne Rice's old house.  It's no big deal. 

We didn't go there specifically to see those properties - it's actually quite a beautiful area with amazing architecture.  We saw a lot of houses owned by people I've never heard of as well. 

The point is that because these people are celebrities it's interesting to see where they live.  As long as you aren't camped out waiting for them to open the door or peaking in windows or going through their trash...

It aint stalking. 

By the reasoning put forth here anyone who takes a tour of the hollywood stars homes is a stalker.

There's a difference between getting that map and taking that tour down Celebrity Ave. and Star Blvd. to see a bunch of random celebrity houses in one shot, and going to the trouble of finding one particular private address of a celebrity who is known for not giving his address out, just to drive past his house.

I'll stress again that, in the end, Ghostnotes did no harm by doing what he did. It's just a little weird, that's all.

This mindless thread is brought to you by...

http://www.joehagen.com/images/092509CheezWhiz.jpg

Its the processed cheese dip with a jar big enough to fit your entire head in, for easy feeding!

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 17 2011, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 16 2011, 09:14 AM)

It's the only Serious choice if your Not playing Metal . They crack like birthday candles. Sabian AAX is the way to go yes.gif

Cymbals should never crack if you are playing with the proper technique instead of like a total hack.

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 17 2011, 04:37 PM)

It's the only Serious choice if your Not playing Metal . They crack like birthday candles. Sabian AAX is the way to go yes.gif

K....Everyone who doesn't already know the story-Go to Google. Type in 'Robert Zildjian'

What's the first thing to come up? Sabian. Robert Zildjian and Armand Zildjian are brothers who both owned Zildjian in the 80's. They had a major blowout that caused Robert to create his own company named after his 3 kids-Sally, Billy, Andy. Or SA BI AN.

The family recipe stayed with Robert as he was an heir to that recipe. Both Armand and Robert started changing the product a little. You will note this as the A Customs are the same as AAX. The sounds are comparable and at times are interchangeable.

I have a mixture of Zildjian and Sabian's and to say one over the other is not a correct statement, IMHO.

Last, ALL cymbals crack. It doesn't matter who plays them. Longevity has nothing to do with how hard you hit them or how thick the cymbal is. So, that statement about cracking is incorrect. You hit cymbals with either a polymer or wood stick. Something is going to give....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 18 2011, 03:29 PM)

K....Everyone who doesn't already know the story-Go to Google. Type in 'Robert Zildjian'

What's the first thing to come up? Sabian. Robert Zildjian and Armand Zildjian are brothers who both owned Zildjian in the 80's. They had a major blowout that caused Robert to create his own company named after his 3 kids-Sally, Billy, Andy. Or SA BI AN.

The family recipe stayed with Robert as he was an heir to that recipe. Both Armand and Robert started changing the product a little. You will note this as the A Customs are the same as AAX. The sounds are comparable and at times are interchangeable.

I have a mixture of Zildjian and Sabian's and to say one over the other is not a correct statement, IMHO.

Last, ALL cymbals crack. It doesn't matter who plays them. Longevity has nothing to do with how hard you hit them or how thick the cymbal is. So, that statement about cracking is incorrect. You hit cymbals with either a polymer or wood stick. Something is going to give....

Thanks - I remembered that there was a family connection between the two companies but had forgotten its exact nature.

So do the brothers still hate each other?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 18 2011, 01:29 PM)

Correcting people on the internet and being an 'expert' or announcing you went to look for someone's house is ghey...

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 18 2011, 04:05 PM)

Correcting people on the internet and being an 'expert' or announcing you went to look for someone's house is ghey...

???

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but using that terminology 'ghey' isn't so cool either.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 18 2011, 02:53 PM)

???

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but using that terminology 'ghey' isn't so cool either.

Thank you, O PC Police...

My ride cymbal is 50 years old and will never crack.

The rock hats I have have taken a furious pounding for 20 years. They will never crack.

ALL cymbals crack. Good one. eyesre4.gif Guitar Center and Wiki made you an all-knowing guru in a single page apparently.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 18 2011, 05:09 PM)

???

The rock hats I have have taken a furious pounding for 20 years. They will never crack.

ALL cymbals crack. Good one. eyesre4.gif Guitar Center and Wiki made you an all-knowing guru in a single page apparently.

rummut, why go after DerTrom? It's not like you to get so personal. . .at least not from what I've seen.

He's a pretty easygoing guy, isn't given to talking out of his ass, and I failed to see anything arrogant in his post about the Zildjian brothers. confused13.gif

Certainly would NOT hire ANYONE with an internet connection. Or the guy who does Dave Weckl's auto repair.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 18 2011, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 18 2011, 05:09 PM)

???

rummut, why go after DerTrom? It's not like you to get so personal. . .at least not from what I've seen.

He's a pretty easygoing guy, isn't given to talking out of his ass, and I failed to see anything arrogant in his post about the Zildjian brothers. confused13.gif

Yeah it was a little snarky, even for me...

I won't go back and edit it like a wimp, but I will take it back... Except the all cymbals cracking part. Simply not true.

I have seen many of Der T's posts, and I probably should have reigned it in... Don't tell me how to post though dammit! wink.gif

No harm, no foul. trink39.gif

Archived