where neil lives

Ghostnotes

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 15 2011, 10:08 PM)
Is it just me, or don't you hope that Neil doesn't read threads like this?

Neil knows there are people out there who think he's the greatest thing since powdered toast, and we all know that makes him uncomfortable, but if he read this whole thread I'm pretty sure he'd just shake his head and move on without much thought.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 15 2011, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Mar 15 2011, 07:39 PM)
I think most of us would be mature enough not to aproach a complete stranger based on some hero worship bullshit.Seriously,you openly admit that you would aproach him in public given the chance,that in itself is creepy and downright wrong.

You would offer him some technique advice??? puuuuullease dude give me a break. You said you'd aproach Neil in a completely normal manner.What is normal about a complete stranger approaching another stranger.

I see you have a mounted gong bass drum.Where did you ever come up with that idea???

Your labeling of it as "Hero Worship" is bullsht in itself and far from what it really is. What's wrong with someone wanting to briefly convey their admiration to any tremendously successful entertainer? Are you hoping NP will read your white-knight ass-suckery and feel that-finally- someone understands him and his work- Like Kramer and the Soup Nazi?

Also, any truly intelligent person (like NP wants us to believe he is) would take the time to listen to a fellow drummer offering input in regard to improving technique. I'm sure there are many ppl who could surprise Neil on variations of technique.

At least this post and the "psych ward" post clears up that Gemini is a far, far bigger dick than Ghostnotes could ever be.

That is all.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 09:12 PM)

Neil knows there are people out there who think he's the greatest thing since powdered toast, and we all know that makes him uncomfortable, but if he read this whole thread I'm pretty sure he'd just shake his head and move on without much thought.

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Yeah, you are right.

Although, I have to say, powdered toast is way better than Neil Peart. tongue.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SWaB4c51yGI/AAAAAAAACBE/TQUVh1M3lno/s320/Powdered+Toast.png

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 15 2011, 10:19 PM)

Yeah, you are right.

Although, I have to say, powdered toast is way better than Neil Peart. tongue.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SWaB4c51yGI/AAAAAAAACBE/TQUVh1M3lno/s320/Powdered+Toast.png

Well, nothing's better than powdered toast. Even Neil would admit that. yes.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 15 2011, 09:12 PM)
I think most of us would be mature enough not to aproach a complete stranger based on some hero worship bullshit.Seriously,you openly admit that you would aproach him in public given the chance,that in itself is creepy and downright wrong.

You would offer him some technique advice??? puuuuullease dude give me a break. You said you'd aproach Neil in a completely normal manner.What is normal about a complete stranger approaching another stranger.

I see you have a mounted gong bass drum.Where did you ever come up with that idea???

Your labeling of it as "Hero Worship" is bullsht in itself and far from what it really is. What's wrong with someone wanting to briefly convey their admiration to any tremendously successful entertainer? Are you hoping NP will read your white-knight ass-suckery and feel that-finally- someone understands him and his work- Like Kramer and the Soup Nazi?

Also, any truly intelligent person (like NP wants us to believe he is) would take the time to listen to a fellow drummer offering input in regard to improving technique. I'm sure there are many ppl who could surprise Neil on variations of technique.

At least this post and the "psych ward" post clears up that Gemini is a far, far bigger dick than Ghostnotes could ever be.

That is all.

I know I'm hated by many here, but what makes you want to call Ghostnote a "dick"? He seems like a good and honest guy. He hasn't resorted to calling people nasty names like many here.

Btw, he may actually like being called a dick, knowing there are countless others who refer to Neil as the same. smile.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 15 2011, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 15 2011, 09:12 PM)

That is all.

I know I'm hated by many here, but what makes you want to call Ghostnote a "dick"? He seems like a good and honest guy. He hasn't resorted to calling people nasty names like many here.

Btw, he may actually like being called a dick, knowing there are countless others who refer to Neil as the same. smile.gif

I said than he could ever be, not being a dick at all is well within that definition, and in my opinion thats probably the case. I know you enjoy not being liked - you do quite a good job at being provocative laugh.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Mar 15 2011, 10:43 PM)
well, I've enjoyed this little stalker/not stalker debate...the banter witty! the retorts sharp! the atmosphere jovial!

the front door...locked unsure.gif

...the surveillance cameras...on. The doberman...awake and hungry.

I'm just gonna put this out there:

If I ever happened to run into Neil by some really odd coincidence, I would probably go up to him and say something along the lines of "Thank you for being such a big writing and musical inspiration for me," offer a hand, and walk away.

He actually says in Roadshow that when he randomly encountered a fan, all the fan did was say "Thank you for everything." The message was across, Neil politely thanked him, and that was it. And everyone was happy.

What's wrong with a little admiration?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 15 2011, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Mar 15 2011, 08:50 PM)
Paragon cymbals too.Do you even think for yourself or do you just cry yourself to sleep because you're really not actually Neil Peart?

To be fair, Paragon cymbals, while Neil's signature line of cymbals, are available to the general public. It's not like Ghostnotes or any other amateur drummer had to go through any special channels to obtain them. They were designed and produced not only for Neil's use, but also for anyone who wants and is able to spend the money on them. You can go to your local Guitar Center right now and pick up a set.

I don't think the fact that Ghostsnotes uses them should be held against him.

I hear Paragon is producing a new Neil Peart-signature cymbal called the "Ass-hat". Its totally revolutionary design allows it to completely avoid any type of contact, while simultaneously hurling condescending insults at you should you attempt to. Appearance-wise it resembles an African hat with a scowl-like secondary subcymbal underneath. In terms of cost, it is said to be priceless.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 15 2011, 11:07 PM)
If I ever happened to run into Neil by some really odd coincidence, I would probably go up to him and say something along the lines of "Thank you for being such a big writing and musical inspiration for me," offer a hand, and walk away.

He actually says in Roadshow that when he randomly encountered a fan, all the fan did was say "Thank you for everything." The message was across, Neil politely thanked him, and that was it. And everyone was happy.

If I met Neil or any other famous musician, all I'd say is thank you for the great music and for being an inspiration. I can't see him getting upset over something like that. And I'd never even think about asking for a picture with him or for him to sign something.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 10:20 PM)

Yeah, you are right.

Are you clinging tenaciously to my buttocks?

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 15 2011, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 15 2011, 03:56 PM)
I also need some help! I'm in Geddy's closet right now! Does anyone know where the bathroom is?

You can just relieve yourself in a corner of the closet. That's what did when I was trapped in there last month.

There's got to be an empty wine bottle somewhere in that closet.

Use that.

Make sure there's a cork for it.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Mar 15 2011, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 15 2011, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 15 2011, 03:56 PM)
I also need some help! I'm in Geddy's closet right now! Does anyone know where the bathroom is?

You can just relieve yourself in a corner of the closet. That's what did when I was trapped in there last month.

There's got to be an empty wine bottle somewhere in that closet.

Use that.

Make sure there's a cork for it.

And don't whiz in the Converse high-tops.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 15 2011, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 10:20 PM)

Yeah, you are right.

Are you clinging tenaciously to my buttocks?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Powdered_Toast_Maaaaaaaaaaaaan_by_captainslug.jpg

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 15 2011, 08:07 PM)

Not a thing. And nothing wrong with approaching him - or any celeb - in public. I'm sure that his reaction to such an encounter as you describe would be appreciation for your being so considerate, brief and non-apeshit wink.gif

But, IMO, going out of one's way to find the address of someone who has been quite adamant about his privacy being important to him is selfish and obnoxious. And maybe a tad fing.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 16 2011, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 06:58 PM)

Hell yeah it can! Sabian is crap... I totally hold it against him.

Zildjian. The Only Serious Choice.

Well that's a different story. I still wish he used Zildjians. You think they wouldn't have made him a signature set of cymbals?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2011, 09:17 AM)

Well that's a different story. I still wish he used Zildjians. You think they wouldn't have made him a signature set of cymbals?

and bring back the red tama's. 1287.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2011, 08:17 AM)

Sabian offered a larger sack with dollar sign on the outside...

I miss the quick beats... Such a good open/close sound and terrific 'chik'.

But I am not fanboi enough to have to have a pair... I have one of the best sounding set of Rock hats I have ever heard! No clunk. Great 'chik'. When I bought them in '91, the guy was like 'Do you want to order a pair of those?'

'F*ck no. I want 'these!

I refused to believe the rumors when they came out about Neil switching. Bags of cash make people do crazy shit!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 16 2011, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2011, 09:17 AM)

and bring back the red tama's. 1287.gif

Counterparts Ludwig Super Classic... Teh awesomest. That's for another thread though.

You can check Google and find out the address where they are kept if you want to drive by to see them though. wink.gif

*edit for a 1287.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 16 2011, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2011, 08:17 AM)

Sabian offered a larger sack with dollar sign on the outside...

I miss the quick beats... Such a good open/close sound and terrific 'chik'.

But I am not fanboi enough to have to have a pair... I have one of the best sounding set of Rock hats I have ever heard! No clunk. Great 'chik'. When I bought them in '91, the guy was like 'Do you want to order a pair of those?'

'F*ck no. I want 'these!

I refused to believe the rumors when they came out about Neil switching. Bags of cash make people do crazy shit!

I think a sizeable chunk - if not all - of Neil's personal profit from the Sabian signature line of Paragons goes to charity.

Archived