where neil lives

Ghostnotes

No not really.

Now if i would to meet him at a gas station while we were filling up...maybe . Did i take the trouble to find out where he lives..sure why not but the difference is that if he were visible within the confines of his house,yard , domain then no i would not stop or go gaga. Do i know where he lives now, yes will i publicize it....no.

That is not invading anyones privacy,leagally and more importantly on a personal level. Had he had been out, he would had never known i was there.

That in itself is actually too much speculation anyway.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Mar 15 2011, 10:30 AM)
No not really.

Now if i would to meet him at a gas station while we were filling up...maybe . Did i take the trouble to find out where he lives..sure why not but the difference is that if he were visible within the confines of his house,yard , domain then no i would not stop or go gaga. Do i know where he lives now, yes will i publicize it....no.

That is not invading anyones privacy,leagally and more importantly on a personal level. Had he had been out, he would had never known i was there.

That in itself is actually too much speculation anyway.

It's still kind of weird that you would go to that trouble to find out his address, just to see his house. And you're the only one in this thread that thinks otherwise.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Dunkelkammer @ Mar 15 2011, 10:42 AM)
Neil lives in my heart...

...lives in my heart through his drum solos!

?_?

STALKER!!!!!

Yeah, well, I want to EAT Neil's heart, so he can be part of me forever and ever and ever. ph34r.gif

This is why Neil is the way he is.

Look. The man likes and wants his privacy.

Can you at least give him that?

He has given us over thirty years of lyrics, music and concerts amongst other things.

He is just a person. A talented one, but a person.

Give him some respect and leave his address to the ones that need to know it.

Neil lives in California. Geddy and Alex live near Toronto.

If you meet any of them in public don't be a dork. Make RUSH the last thing you talk about, if at all. They know you know who they are.

End of story.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Mar 15 2011, 11:02 AM)
This is why Neil is the way he is.

Look. The man likes and wants his privacy.
Can you at least give him that?

Thing is, despite hunting down Neil's private home address and doing a drive-by, Ghostnotes still thinks he respected Neil's privacy because he didn't ring his doorbell or leave a note in his mailbox. He doesn't quite get the whole privacy concept.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Mar 15 2011, 11:30 AM)
Is it wrong that I've begun to find these threads amusing? confused13.gif

They are kinda funny, especially when the thread-starters are as clueless as is the case here. So no, it's not wrong.

It's why I read them and made the Jeffrey-Dahmeresque post above about eating Neil's heart. (Shit, I hope no one thinks I meant that!)

You drove past the house? COOL!

So like, does the house have windows and stuff? Does it have a roof? I'll flip if Neil has a front door. Don't even tell me if a famous drummer has a front door. I won't be able to stand it. Wait, maybe you couldn't see the house. Perhaps it was blocked from view by trees or something. OMG that could be a tree that Neil touched or the family dog peed under. You're so lucky! Did you touch the mailbox? Surely his hands have touched that mailbox a thousand times. I would never wash my hands again if I got to touch the mailbox.

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Mar 15 2011, 11:16 AM)
That is my wife's not mine.

All of my obsessive spy photos and dumpster diving trinkets from Neils trash are on my other wall...you just cant see them.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Mar 15 2011, 08:54 AM)
I drove by his house.... was i expecting anything...absolutely not. I live almost 1500 miles from him.

Weird. unsure.gif

Oh well, at least you didn't paint a big Red Star on his front lawn and do a nude Starman impression.

OK, it seems like OP is taking way too much heat here, IMHO. I recall someone else on the forum talking about how he sneaks "backstage" prior to the end of the show, just so he can see Neil running to his bus and possibly say Hi. That guy didn't take as much crap as everyone is giving OP yet, IMO, that is waaay more intrusive and creepy. Knowing how his security is, I doubt that the guy ever got near Neil, but the point is, he took less guff when he admitted to basically "stalking" Neil, than OP has for simply riding by his house.

Frankly, it didn't sound to me like Ghostnotes had any ulterior motives - he just wanted to see where Neil lived and when he did, he said "Hmm, nice shack" and kept moving. Is that really such a big deal??

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Mar 15 2011, 04:29 PM)
OK, it seems like OP is taking way too much heat here, IMHO. I recall someone else on the forum talking about how he sneaks "backstage" prior to the end of the show, just so he can see Neil running to his bus and possibly say Hi. That guy didn't take as much crap as everyone is giving OP yet, IMO, that is waaay more intrusive and creepy. Knowing how his security is, I doubt that the guy ever got near Neil, but the point is, he took less guff when he admitted to basically "stalking" Neil, than OP has for simply riding by his house.

Frankly, it didn't sound to me like Ghostnotes had any ulterior motives - he just wanted to see where Neil lived and when he did, he said "Hmm, nice shack" and kept moving. Is that really such a big deal??

No, not a big deal in terms of Neil's security. Ghostnotes isn't a threat, IMO.

But he's getting heat because going to that much trouble just to see a celebrity's house is just....weird.

I once checked out Neil's house, and as luck would have it, he was walking out to collect the morning paper as I was checking out the crib.

He was a very cool dude, and when he found out I was a big Rush fan, he invited me in for tea and scrumpets. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 15 2011, 04:42 PM)
I once checked out Neil's house, and as luck would have it, he was walking out to collect the morning paper as I was checking out the crib.

He was a very cool dude, and when he found out I was a big Rush fan, he invited me in for tea and scrumpets. biggrin.gif

Wait - I thought you said he'd invited you for tea and strumpets. . . tongue.gif

I have to say Ghostnotes is doing a decent job of fielding the shit being thrown in his direction. He's a good sport. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 15 2011, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 15 2011, 04:42 PM)

He was a very cool dude, and when he found out I was a big Rush fan, he invited me in for tea and scrumpets.  biggrin.gif

Wait - I thought you said he'd invited you for tea and strumpets. . . tongue.gif

I have to say Ghostnotes is doing a decent job of fielding the shit being thrown in his direction. He's a good sport. yes.gif

yes.gif

The dumpster diving comment was fairly comical. biggrin.gif

Archived