No Countries, No Borders, No Religion

snowdogged

Sorry, if I am doing something wrong here but there was a thread that was closed that upset me quite a bit and I felt the need to add my two cents to the issue! I think that everyone has some sense of national pride, no matter what country you are from but the thing that should always come before your nation is the fact that we are all human and we are all susceptible to pain and suffering!

When major disasters strike anywhere on this planet, anyone who has the power and the resources to help the situation should, if the help is needed!

I think that just about sums my feelings up. Once again, I am sorry for bringing this up again!

Indeed! (:

A girl I know has a really neat shirt that says "Eracism: There's only one race; it's human!"

In all times, but certainly times of disaster, we must look past our differences and focus on what we know to be the right thing. When lives are at stake, nationality, race, creed, gender, skin colour, etc... should NOT even come into mind. We're all just people, and I feel we have an obligation to help each other. Heck, that's not even my faith talking, that's just general morals.

Thanks for speaking out. (:

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2011, 05:38 AM)
...it would be nice if more people felt the same wink.gif

^ and that's always the issue with every 'hey folks, we're all human' sentiment

it's Utopian and unrealistic

most people don't feel that way, and never will

the rare exception in this world is the thoughtful, selfless person

it is by the mercy shown me by the great and wonderful God that i can begin to care about other people

while i bristled at the thread title of "no religion"

i see within this thread your compassion for a people in desperation

and i feel it too wub.gif (regardless of the inaccurate assumption that one who didn't share the same religion of those suffering would be indifferent)

curious,,,,if your compassion is not God-generated, as is mine blush4.gif

(i'm a lil ashamed to admit my natural tendency favors me-and-mine)

where does it come from?

whirled peas?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 15 2011, 02:06 AM)

where does it come from?
whirled peas?

Garden gnomes.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 15 2011, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 15 2011, 02:06 AM)

where does it come from?
whirled peas?

Garden gnomes.

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

That was classic! I wasn't expecting that!

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 15 2011, 01:06 AM)
it is by the mercy shown me by the great and wonderful God that i can begin to care about other people

while i bristled at the thread title of "no religion"
i see within this thread your compassion for a people in desperation
and i feel it too wub.gif (regardless of the inaccurate assumption that one who didn't share the same religion of those suffering would be indifferent)

where does it come from?
whirled peas?

I did not put "No religion" there in order to put anyone's beliefs down. I was just trying to make a point that we should look past any differences that other people have in times like this. Throughout history wars have been fought because of contrasting religious beliefs. You asked me about my faith?

What if I told you that my religion was Islam? Would that satisfy you or would you think lesser of me because I was not a Christian? Only about one third of the World are Christians, does that make all the non-Christian faiths wrong? All those religions think that all the other religions are wrong also. That's why we have to be able to look past these things and respect that not everyone has the same beliefs. I judge people as individuals and by their actions and behavior only. I refuse to let stereotypes influence my judgment.

Just in case you are now wondering, no, I am not of the Islamic faith.

Archived