Montreal Police Launch Investigation

snowdogged

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2011, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Mar 12 2011, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2011, 08:57 PM)
See back in my younger days... this is how they solved these things....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYU49eJm30

i've never seen that footage thank you so very much lerxt - that made my day yes.gif

Id known about that fight, but I never saw this clip either, I saw a shorter one. Holy hell with the fighting in the stands!

Apparently Slapshot had some realistic basis!

Yes, Mike Millbury is beating a fan with his own shoe. Something that the local station NESN uses all the time.

I'm all for the enforcer's and take out the instigating rule. Seems that more is happening now that the rule was applied. Hatred and brawls usually lets things be on the ice.

so, my point is, why are these sponsors crying now rather than all the other head hits that have occurred in the last few years? That's why I'm making such a fuss about it. I've shown the video to non-hockey fans without showing bias (ie: saying what's about to happen. I just point to where the 2 players are going to converge and ask what their thoughts are). All have said it wasn't dirty and Chara (the guy in black) pushed him.

My problem with Montreal goes further back when the 12,000+ fans booed the American National Anthem. Now, without making this into a political thread, I am saying that booing ANY national anthem is tasteless. I would be just as upset if they booed the Chilean National Anthem. Since that time, I've had a distaste for that part of Canada because of this. Add to that, the police and local companies that have stock or sponsorship of the Habs tick me off even more. Especially considering that they don't speak up when others have been hit. I was upset about the Cooke hit on Savard and the ruling. However, I left that alone until now because I didn't see any companies saying that blind side hit should be banned or the local police investigating Cooke's hit.

This is why I'm making a stink about it. From what I heard about Mike Murphy, he is very diligent about decisions like this. I know there were two camera angles of video so you can see what happens at both angles. I rule out the Montreal's photo with Chara's hand in front of Pacioretty's face. It's too easy not to see how far Chara's hand was away from Pacioretty's. That was another ploy to get people to side with them. If they show it the way it happened, less would be made about this.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 12 2011, 10:25 PM)

i've never seen that footage thank you so very much lerxt - that made my day yes.gif

Id known about that fight, but I never saw this clip either, I saw a shorter one. Holy hell with the fighting in the stands!

Yes, Mike Millbury is beating a fan with his own shoe. Something that the local station NESN uses all the time.

I'm all for the enforcer's and take out the instigating rule. Seems that more is happening now that the rule was applied. Hatred and brawls usually lets things be on the ice.

so, my point is, why are these sponsors crying now rather than all the other head hits that have occurred in the last few years? That's why I'm making such a fuss about it. I've shown the video to non-hockey fans without showing bias (ie: saying what's about to happen. I just point to where the 2 players are going to converge and ask what their thoughts are). All have said it wasn't dirty and Chara (the guy in black) pushed him.

My problem with Montreal goes further back when the 12,000+ fans booed the American National Anthem. Now, without making this into a political thread, I am saying that booing ANY national anthem is tasteless. I would be just as upset if they booed the Chilean National Anthem. Since that time, I've had a distaste for that part of Canada because of this. Add to that, the police and local companies that have stock or sponsorship of the Habs tick me off even more. Especially considering that they don't speak up when others have been hit. I was upset about the Cooke hit on Savard and the ruling. However, I left that alone until now because I didn't see any companies saying that blind side hit should be banned or the local police investigating Cooke's hit.

This is why I'm making a stink about it. From what I heard about Mike Murphy, he is very diligent about decisions like this. I know there were two camera angles of video so you can see what happens at both angles. I rule out the Montreal's photo with Chara's hand in front of Pacioretty's face. It's too easy not to see how far Chara's hand was away from Pacioretty's. That was another ploy to get people to side with them. If they show it the way it happened, less would be made about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2qFfuLy_fs

then...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2011, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 12 2011, 10:25 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2qFfuLy_fs

then...

although thats out of order....

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 12 2011, 11:55 PM)
I remember that. Hab fans did it in 2002 too, and next game all eyes were at the ACC and luckily the Leaf fans cheered.

I have never heard any other Canadian team's fans boo any other National Anthem. I don't know if that rings true but in terms of class, I would root for the other 5 teams and the other 24 teams BEFORE even considering Montreal. I was watching that series with Boston, but I could've sworn the B's fans were asked (by Bill Guerin) not to boo the Canadian National Anthem. This, of course, spurred the, 'USA! USA! USA!' chant instead.

I'm not a very big fan of that considering that players on every team comes from other countries outside of North America. That's kind of a goofy thing.

The last part is that Canada and America are pretty closely tied in many ways. I mean, 3 generations of my family lived in Nova Scotia which means I must have long distance relatives there and elsewhere in Canada. So, the USA and Canada thing is really odd. Although, I think they were right in Canadian Bacon

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 13 2011, 09:30 AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHMZkpvw6c&feature=related

Some posted that in the G&M article discussion.

Head hits are being investigated more:

http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=4013457&cid...&source=twitter

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 13 2011, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 12 2011, 11:55 PM)
I remember that.  Hab fans did it in 2002 too, and next game all eyes were at the ACC and luckily the Leaf fans cheered.

I have never heard any other Canadian team's fans boo any other National Anthem. I don't know if that rings true but in terms of class, I would root for the other 5 teams and the other 24 teams BEFORE even considering Montreal. I was watching that series with Boston, but I could've sworn the B's fans were asked (by Bill Guerin) not to boo the Canadian National Anthem. This, of course, spurred the, 'USA! USA! USA!' chant instead.

I'm not a very big fan of that considering that players on every team comes from other countries outside of North America. That's kind of a goofy thing.

The last part is that Canada and America are pretty closely tied in many ways. I mean, 3 generations of my family lived in Nova Scotia which means I must have long distance relatives there and elsewhere in Canada. So, the USA and Canada thing is really odd. Although, I think they were right in Canadian Bacon

DT...I know you HATE the Habs, which is fine because my 'love' for the Bruins is the exact same.

With that said...you allow your black and gold coloured glasses to get in the way of your discussions.

The crap about Montreal fans being the 'only' fans that boo an anthem is ridiculous. I have seen American cities that have booed the Canadian anthem too.

Islanders fans at Nassau in 2002...

http://www.cbssports.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,5285644_60,00.html

Pistons fans at The Palace in 2002...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/caple/020426.html

BTW...did you read that other line in there?

'and some Vancouver fans booed the "Star-Spangled Banner" before this week's Canucks-Red Wings games.'

Making Montreal out to be the only 'terrible' city just because you hate the Habs makes no sense to me. Clearly, they are not the only ones guilty of this, as I have proven here.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 17 2011, 06:13 PM)
Well, he does give the meaning of COLOR commentator.

My wife hates him, every time he comes on i scream "Honey come and look at DC" she falls for it every time and yells at me for wasting her time - rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 18 2011, 09:18 AM)
Say what you want about DC (the way he dresses, his tact, his political non-correctness) however, he does know his stuff. He certainly isn't a nobody.

He's a "somebody"...everyone is. He just dresses in crap that no-one else would wear (except maybe Elton John).

He pollutes the airwaves with useless thoughts, is racist towards anything that doesn't come from Kingston, and will essentially backtrack on any of his predictions that don't come true.

Sorry...but you'll get no DC love from me. I've seen too much of him on my TV every Saturday my whole life...nothing he says interests me at all.