When you wear your RUSH gear, do you get comments?

osage2112

What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?

• > 75 %
    • 60%
    • 50 %
    • 40 %
    • 30 %
    • < 20 %

I don't get a ton of comments, but I have noticed people trying to get a good look. Keep in mind that people are shy to approach strangers; I still think flying the Rush flag gets the guys out there more than we know. I wore my hoodie below back and forth to Florida last December and a gate agent in the airport looked at it and giggled. I'm still not sure if she liked it or was making fun of it. The odd thing was, I didn't have her pegged as someone who would even know who Rush is.

Now the pics up in my station at work, I get quite a few comments on. Almost everyone looks at them. I love the guys who gingerly crane their heads around and into my window, saying "You like Rush"? I break out into a huge smile when that happens. Most of these guys now talk Rush with me every time they come in. They get bummed if I already have a customer and they get called by someone else tongue.gif

I can't wait to go to the two shows in April and be among tons of people who are decked out just like me! I love that Rush fans don't stick to that rule that it's a fashion faux pas to wear a band's own merchandise to their show.

And Pags, your rhinestones are fabulous! Do want! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 1 2011, 11:42 AM)
I own some Rush T's that I wear to my bowling league, and it always gets a positive response. Always.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear. It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually. But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule. Oh well.

That is kick-ass! 1022.gif

I was wearing my Time Machine Tour shirt at Culver's (a local fast food restaurant that's a little nicer than most). When the guy delivered our food to the table he asked if I had gone to the concert (which was the previous month). He then said he was Liam Birt's cousin and we talked about the show for a minute until he had to go back to work. Other than that, I haven't gotten much reaction (at least that I know about).

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (realomind @ Mar 1 2011, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 06:07 PM)
The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

Yeah that gets really old doesn't it, i've had people make similar comments online whenever I use the starman as a profile pic somewhere.

"All it means is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolises any collectivist activity"

Infact i'm thinking about having a bunch of leaflets printed with this to hand out to people whenever they say that. eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

rofl3.gif That would be the day. It would be great if peple didn't yell SATAN every time they saw a red star. It didn't help that right next to the starman was the MP painting where you have a dude burning while holding a cross though...

On a much more entertaining note, I wound up doing a very extensive paper on 2112 for one of his colleagues' humanities courses.

That's funny. I think a good retort would've been something like this --

"I don't think it's appropriate for a college professor to make a snide judgment on something he's misinterpreted. Of all people on this campus, I'd figure the ones least likely to jump to false conclusions and summary judgements would be the faculty and staff. Now an uninformed college student, I could forgive, and maybe educate, but you, professor? tongue.gif

Of course, we all think of our best comebacks AFTERWARDS, when it's already too late to, err, come back.... rofl3.gif

I don't have much Rush swag, but I do have the Starman on an acid tie-dyed shirt. I've worn it twice in the last few months, and gotten two different responses:

At work for "dress crazy day" just before Halloween, no one said anything. At all. I work in a tech center, where there are more than a few nerds, and I expected at least some kind of comment. Perhaps I'm mistaken, and it's more of the cool, aloof and independent artist-type that still listens to Rush? Like me, like you all? bolt.gif

However, at the last house party I went to, where I was supposed to play keys but never got to due to the garage band organizers screwing things up, I did get positive compliments from the remaining cool kids* who stayed late. Turns out they were in a legit cover band, doing mostly Pink Floyd covers, but the singer and the bass player recognized and respected Rush. The shirt and the acoustic guitar being passed around was my ticket to the cool little circle and some smoke rings that filled the air.

cool10.gif

*30-somethings

The only time I really remember getting any comments on my Rush gear was about two weeks after the concert. I was out at one of my youth group meetings and these two guys - obviously n00bs - kept coming up to me about the tour shirt I had. At first, I was totally cool with it. But around the third or fourth time, it got annoying. I thought these guys were jacked up on adrenaline or something because they lost their shit whenever they saw my shirt. One of the most repeated comments was, "HOLY SHIT RUSH IS THE MOST AWESOME BAND EVER HOLY SHIT ON A STICK!". It got to the point where I asked them to name three albums and they were stumped.

I usually don't wear any Rush things out in public, mostly because I like to reserve them for special things like concerts. It's nice to get some good comments and talk to fellow fans, just don't lose your cool over the little things, y'know?

ive gotten a couple comments on my Rush gear. I was walking into Best Buy when I guy said, "Hell yeah man, Rush f***ing ROCKS!" lol

One day i was at the mall with my 2112 shirt and some emo kid said, "thats by-far the best album ever." Im not usually one to judge, but this kid probably only knows of the album/band after playing Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. LMAO (he was coming out of a Game Stop when he said that to me) LOL

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 1 2011, 05:59 PM)
Don't get too many remarks.  When I wear the ballcap, I will generally wear a concert tee.  The hat's just a logo cap, and inevitably some doofus thinks it's a Rush Limbaugh hat.  eyesre4.gif

You too huh?

I was walking through Wal Mart awhile back wearing my Time Machine T-shirt. Guy heading the other direction asks,"Huh, huh, is that Rush Limbaugh?" I really wanted to punch him in the throat.

Sadly probably less than 20% of the time... :/

There was that time at the shopping mall though where these two girls came up from nowhere and started trying to prove me wrong by saying I had buy a fake t-shirt and that it wasn't ''Rash'' but Rush and god were they funny with their album named ''Tom Sawyer'' laugh.gif

Mostly when i go to concerts people say stuff. Not too many on a regular day out.

A dude came into my work the other day with a PeW tee on. I excitedly approached him, and whipped out my RUSH tat cool.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 1 2011, 11:42 AM)
I own some Rush T's that I wear to my bowling league, and it always gets a positive response. Always.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear. It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually. But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule. Oh well.

That is epic! 1022.gif

As a long-suffering Irish Rush fan, although not for much longer (... laughs maniacally) one gets a few mixed comments when out and about. I saw a dude near Dublin with a TFE t-shirt about a year ago and I said "Rush!". His wife looked up and said , "Oh no, not another one!". No doubt he'll be dragging her to the Dublin show kicking and screaming.

When I was a young fella I was working in NY for a summer and couldn't believe how much airplay they got in the States. One day I bought a starman t-shirt in the Village and later dropped into one of the expensive guitar shops on 33rd St. The clerk saw my t-shirt, pulled down a double-neck SG and proceeded to play Hemispheres. I don't reckon I'll ever get a kinder response to me wearing a Rush t-shirt.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 11:07 AM)
The only time I ever got a comment was the one time I wore my Moving Pictures shirt from the new tour out in public. The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

facepalm.gif

I haven't got any comments yet. I have Rush shoelaces on my walking shoes that I wear everyday but... nothin'.

I get mostly stares from middle aged guys... almost as if they want to say something, but are reluctant. For many reasons, I don't look like the average Rush fan... so, maybe they think it's a fluke that I have the shirt on....

My wife got a comment in Charlotte in 2004 around the time of the R30 tour. It was from a guy who wasn't even going to the concert... We were in an elevator and she was wearing a GUP shirt. He made a comment about seeing Rush on that tour and we chatted a bit. That was fun.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 3 2011, 04:12 AM)
The only time I ever got a comment was the one time I wore my Moving Pictures shirt from the new tour out in public. The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

facepalm.gif

I haven't got any comments yet. I have Rush shoelaces on my walking shoes that I wear everyday but... nothin'.

I wouldn't be expecting any comments about your shoelaces any time soon.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 3 2011, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 3 2011, 04:12 AM)

facepalm.gif

I wouldn't be expecting any comments about your shoelaces any time soon.

I have the socks (6 pair); needless to say they've not gotten any comments! They are comfy, though.

I wear my Time Machine T-shirt when I go grocery shopping and to the swimming pool. (I can't wear t-shirts with any insignias at work.) I never get comments from anyone except from the young kid in one of the local stores who likes Rush. I give him updates if I hear Rush is coming to our area.

2.gif

...The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

"I don't believe telling professors to shove corncobs sideways up their asses is an appropriate way for a university student to express themselves either, but I am making an exception in this case."

*missed a quote tag

Edited by rummut71

I bought the polo shirt from the TM tour, which looks friggin amazing on me and I almost always get a knowing nod or smile from some equally socially inept dweeb.

I also have the RUSH lighting bolts T shirt from this tour and wear it to the gym at least twice a week and got comments from about 5 guys initially and my 20 something female trainer (i know, right! wub.gif ). But that all died of months ago.

The polo is what gets em

I've gotten a few reactions- two in the same day for my Permanent Waves tee at the mall. One guy said "Nice shirt!" and a girl nearly grabbed me as she was walking by with her very confused boyfriend. He didn't seem to get it, but she was all smiles.

Plus the group of kids [at school] who constantly ask why there's a "satan-worshiping naked guy" painted on my shoes. I'm getting tired of explaining the symbolism.

That's about the extent, though.