When you wear your RUSH gear, do you get comments?

osage2112

What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?

• > 75 %
    • 60%
    • 50 %
    • 40 %
    • 30 %
    • < 20 %

I wore my RUSH 30 shirt out to dinner and got a comment from a fella who had one just like it. We jawwed about the band, upcoming show, the last show, etc.

It was cool.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too often, and when I do it's either my co-workers giving me crap (friendly crap because they know I'm such a huge fan, so the tease me about it) or it's something along the lines of me being a female Rush fan. Last time I got a comment it was after the Queensryche show I attended in January. It just happened to be at the aftershow party...and the comment just happened to come from Queensryche guitarist Michael Wilton. cool.gif It was a good comment...he said he liked Rush a lot.

Friday a guy I work with said something... "A Rush sirt, I haven't seen one of those in 20 years, ha ha ha"

I then informed him it was from last summer and he didn't believe me.

I own some Rush T's that I wear to my bowling league, and it always gets a positive response. Always.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear. It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually. But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule. Oh well.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 1 2011, 11:42 AM)
I own some Rush T's that I wear to my bowling league, and it always gets a positive response. Always.

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear. It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually. But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule. Oh well.

STEPPIN' OUT!!! 1022.gif

Less than 20% of the time.

I have enough Rush swag to wear a different Rush shirt every day of the week, but seldom does anyone say anything when I do.

Then again, there are times I'll go to an amusement park (big crowd) with a Rush shirt, and receive a couple comments during the course of the same day. One couple said something to me at DisneyWorld in October; two or three people said something to me two years ago at a Six Flags; and twice I've had a supermarket cashier say something.

I wore my Vital Signs shirt while getting some framing done...the lady helping us was Jewish...and she recognized the Hebrew lettering on the shirt.

She said they were consonant sounds mostly.

The only time I ever got a comment was the one time I wore my Moving Pictures shirt from the new tour out in public. The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

I don't have much in the way of Rush gear but I did see a guy at Sam's club about a week ago with a S&A shirt. Chatted for a minute comparing seat locations at the upcoming show and the last years' shows we went to.

I wear my starman lanyard & my starman earrings at work every night, and at least 3 out of the 5 days I wear them I get a comment about them from a customer.

I tend not to wear rush tshirts in public unless I'm going to a concert, but I do wear them under long sleeve shirts.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 1 2011, 04:42 PM)

That is one awesome jacket! 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

I have a Snakes and Arrows shirt, and the only tie I can remember getting comments was from some random guy I was passing in a hall o my way to class one day.

He said nice shirt as I was walking by. I was confused, not remembering what shirt I was wearing, and not knowing if random guy was talking to me.

We had a 30 second chat about the band, but like I said, I was on my way to class.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 06:07 PM)
The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

Yeah that gets really old doesn't it, i've had people make similar comments online whenever I use the starman as a profile pic somewhere.

"All it means is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolises any collectivist activity"

Infact i'm thinking about having a bunch of leaflets printed with this to hand out to people whenever they say that. eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (realomind @ Mar 1 2011, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 06:07 PM)
The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

Yeah that gets really old doesn't it, i've had people make similar comments online whenever I use the starman as a profile pic somewhere.

"All it means is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolises any collectivist activity"

Infact i'm thinking about having a bunch of leaflets printed with this to hand out to people whenever they say that. eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

rofl3.gif That would be the day. It would be great if peple didn't yell SATAN every time they saw a red star. It didn't help that right next to the starman was the MP painting where you have a dude burning while holding a cross though...

On a much more entertaining note, I wound up doing a very extensive paper on 2112 for one of his colleagues' humanities courses.

Don't get too many remarks. When I wear the ballcap, I will generally wear a concert tee. The hat's just a logo cap, and inevitably some doofus thinks it's a Rush Limbaugh hat. eyesre4.gif

No one at school cares about the star on my shirt..

...But this guy I know was like, "Why do you have a naked guy on your shirt?"

"..IT'S SYMBOLIC."

I tried to explain its significance and he still didn't get it. |:

But yeah, I occasionally get comments. Very few from my peers, but quite a lot from teachers and such. I'll be delivering passes for the counselor's office ninth hour and the teacher at the desk will say, "Hey, nice shirt!" or "Nice jacket!" Always makes me smile.

And at a college convention-thing I went to recently a whole bunch of people commented on my 2.gif button (clipped onto the strap of my purse). I was more than happy to tell them, yes, I am a Rush fan, and yes, I do agree that they're a great band. (;

I've gotten a few comments I guess. One time I was registering for classes at school and the guy called me up to the desk like "Okay, hemispheres guy, get over here"

Another time I was in the mall with Kate and we both had Rush shirts on. We walked into a T-shirt store and a minute later we hear The Big Money on the ceiling speakers laugh.gif The guy put Power Windows on for us, and then went on to say how much he hated Presto and didn't see the Time Machine Tour mainly because of Presto being in the setlist. eyesre4.gif

Same thing, we were in the mall, but the other way around. We walked past this guy and were like " ohmy.gif that guys wearin a Roll the Bones shirt!"

I was at work one day and this guy who worked on our company's website shows up at the shop. He comes in like "who's RUSH car is that out there?!" laugh.gif I'm surprised I haven't gotten any more comments on having YY-ZED plates on the car. Ah well.

And of course my favorite was when my chemistry professor saw me in a Rush shirt and very calmly said while jotting something down "I hate Rush"

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 1 2011, 06:29 PM)
I'm surprised I haven't gotten any more comments on having YY-ZED plates on the car. Ah well.

I was going to bring this up in connection with this thread, and now you've given me an opening...

I used to have Rush vanity plates, but I didn't re-new them. Can you guess why? In three years, I got about four comments on them and just two of those comments were from "strangers." Not much attention/comments in all those years, so what's the point?