• Language arts
    • Chemistry
    • Natural science
    • Geography
    • History
    • Literature
    • Physics
    • Other

Language arts. I was the only one in my class who actually found diagramming a sentence to be interesting... laugh.gif

Tossup between history and English literature. I hated everything that had math in it.

Math, in fact looking at the list it's the only one I wish I pursued more during school. Especially since I really enjoyed it. Shows how much of a lazy student I was.

I also enjoyed science, more specifically weather (a natural science).

I wish I was smarter, so I wouldn't be only able to ooh and awe at science's magic tricks.

Natural Science!

However, the wording in this poll needs to be tweaked. Both Chemistry AND Physics fall under Natural Science. I wonder if by Natural Science the OP meant Biology/Life Science. But the Natural Sciences include Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, and Astronomy. And Mathematics are included as well sometimes. All of these are in the 500s- Natural Sciences- in the Dewey Decimal System.

"is a librarian"

"used to be a science teacher"

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 26 2011, 06:07 PM)
Language arts. I was the only one in my class who actually found diagramming a sentence to be interesting... laugh.gif

laugh.gif I always did diagram sentences well but always bitched about what the point was.

I voted for 'other'. In a subject that always seemed to have the most-laid back teachers, and constantly drawing, and working with clay, watercolors, and charcoal, ...how could anyone NOT vote for Art?!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Feb 26 2011, 04:46 PM)
Natural Science!

However, the wording in this poll needs to be tweaked. Both Chemistry AND Physics fall under Natural Science. I wonder if by Natural Science the OP meant Biology/Life Science. But the Natural Sciences include Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, and Astronomy. And Mathematics are included as well sometimes. All of these are in the 500s- Natural Sciences- in the Dewey Decimal System.

"is a librarian"
"used to be a science teacher"

That's more or less what I meant, and I was actually gonna say i forgot to put biology in parenthesis next to natural science but then figured you guys would get it.

Natural Sciences

I began studies in college with major in Cultural Anthropology with emphasis on Latin America, then I added a second major in Geology with concentration in Environmental Science.

No one else digs Literature? Shame..

That's what I ended up choosing, but I like Language Arts equally (duh). I took a Creative Writing course last year and it was great fun. Really helped me improve my writing, too.

I never could get into the sciences. I like learning about Physics, but I don't like to do the math and the hard work to get anywhere. I just like reading books about it by Stephen Hawking. (I hate math! Augh!)

The other one I actually am into is History. I love history. I remember one night I was bored so I just sat down and read half of my AP World History textbook. It's so fascinating how history repeats itself. Nothing's ever really new!

And finally, of course I adore Band and Art (in the "other" category) but I felt I should pick an actual subject. All my closest friends are in band, but toiling and sweating and -yes, sometimes- bleeding together all summer and fall bonds you together. laugh.gif

High school: Mathematics, architecture, literature

University: History, anthropology, philosophy, French, literature, theater......with a dash of psychology.

I sometimes long to go back to university, but then I'd have to put up with all those 20-year olds again..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

History, though the entire area of social studies is my favorite area of study.

Had to vote "Other"; my favorite subjects in school had to do with Music, Art and Photography wink.gif

Archived