Disgusting foods

Good,bad,andrush

I've had Chinese since my bout with food poisening last summer, but now it seems like one big, heavy, greasy mess. And when we did order it was NOT from the restaurant that gave us the bad food.

I prefer Thai and Japanese hibachi anyway, if just for the reason it's not as heavy on my stomach.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 27 2011, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 27 2011, 08:13 AM)
tripe

Tripe is good pickled. My great-grandmother made the_best pickled tripe. She was famous locally for her tripe and souse (a pickle hog meat food) and sold it at the farmer's market (along with a lot of other farm foods and goods).

I like Menudo and Pepperpot Soup, too. The honeycomb tripe is the best.

Tripe does have to be cleaned properly.

It rocks as a dim sum dish

http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/mmmyoso/images/2007/05/30/hkbbqdimsum07.jpg

Ever since I was 2, I ate this chinese tomato dish with fried eggs. I was jumping on the couch and I puked all over it. It's probably the earliest time I remembered puking.

So now I hardly eat tomatoes. I like pasta sauce, and small slices tomatoes as a garnish, but if it's the dominant flavor, forget it.

When I was younger, I ate boiled peanuts, and would from time to time, but one time I ate too much and it made sick on my stomach. Since then I have not touched them. I will eat peanuts, but just not boiled.

Oh, and the same with pork rinds.

Edited by Mara

Raw chicken is one of the most absolutely disgusting things I've ever bitten into. It didn't stay in my mouth long enough to taste it, but it had an awful chewy slimy mouthfeel... 062802puke_prv.gif

Yeah, the instructions for those chicken tenders said "Not precooked: Do Not Microwave", but I eventually figured out the right combination of power and hold cycles to microwave them all the way through without turning them into shoe leather. smile.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 27 2011, 03:12 PM)
I wonder if anybody got sick from the chicken?

I would have told the bride confidentially.

I suppose that was an option, but not really, because the bride and groom hid out in their own special room with the rest of the bridal party, inaccessible to everyone else. People took them their food. (Remember, I said it was The Worst Wedding In The World). I assume they made an appearance at some point, but we were so annoyed by then, not to mention hungry because we were afraid to eat anything from the caterer, that we left.

Some of the aforementioned are on my list (Mara, I hate both eggs and bananas as well, except well-cooked scrambled types).

Not mentioned yet: Mince pie (we had a long discussion at Christmas as to what exactly it is I don't like about it). I don't mind any of the ingredients by themselves, except maybe the dried fruit. The only compelling theory we could come up with is that there's a combination of ingredients that sets me off, probably apple and one of the spices.

Speaking of spices, I HATE mint. I can't even use most toothpaste because of it; I used Tom's of Maine children's flavors for the longest time until the store stopped carrying them or they were discontinued. Now I've found one of theirs flavored with fennel (black licorice taste) and I'm happy.

Now the exception to this is mint when paired with chocolate. In most cases, this makes it not only palatable, but tasty.

So it's all about combos with me.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 27 2011, 11:34 PM)
Some of the aforementioned are on my list (Mara, I hate both eggs and bananas as well, except well-cooked scrambled types).

Not mentioned yet: Mince pie (we had a long discussion at Christmas as to what exactly it is I don't like about it). I don't mind any of the ingredients by themselves, except maybe the dried fruit. The only compelling theory we could come up with is that there's a combination of ingredients that sets me off, probably apple and one of the spices.

Speaking of spices, I HATE mint. I can't even use most toothpaste because of it; I used Tom's of Maine children's flavors for the longest time until the store stopped carrying them or they were discontinued. Now I've found one of theirs flavored with fennel (black licorice taste) and I'm happy.

Now the exception to this is mint when paired with chocolate. In most cases, this makes it not only palatable, but tasty.

So it's all about combos with me.

UGHHH! Fennel toothpaste?! As if they couldn't think of ANYTHING more disgusting? 062802puke_prv.gif

Never liked tomatoes. Weird texture.

What I don't get is eating liver. Or intestines. I'm not interested in eating entrails.

I find lima beans nasty.

Not enough $ out there to try organ meat or offal.

Same with escarg 062802puke_prv.gif

I had one bad bout with Hamburger Helper in high school and haven't had it since. tongue.gif

Pork rinds scared.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 2 2011, 05:31 PM)

*crunch*
"this corn is raw!"
"isnt it crisp?..."
"of course its crisp its RAW!"
"cant you just taste the the vitamins!?!"
"couldnt we take pills!.. and cook the corn.."

name the film. smile.gif

"WarGames"! *she shouts as she rolls her ear of corn in a slice of thickly buttered bread*

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 2 2011, 06:42 PM)

*crunch*
"this corn is raw!"
"isnt it crisp?..."

name the film. smile.gif

"WarGames"! *she shouts as she rolls her ear of corn in a slice of thickly buttered bread*

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif applaudit.gif you got it! actually it was the dad who was rolling it in the buttered bread before he held his tooth in pain smile.gif

i nevertheless bow to your prowess!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 2 2011, 09:46 PM)

*crunch*
"this corn is raw!"
"isnt it crisp?..."

name the film. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif applaudit.gif you got it! actually it was the dad who was rolling it in the buttered bread before he held his tooth in pain smile.gif

Damn I would have gotten this. Great flick!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 2 2011, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 2 2011, 09:46 PM)

*crunch*
"this corn is raw!"
"isnt it crisp?..."

name the film. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Damn I would have gotten this. Great flick!

On a whim I checked.. and this little clip is on YouTube.

I almost tear up at how much I love the internet.