Welcome to 'Food And Wine Aplenty'

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Bart: A man drink like that and he don't eat, he is going to DIE.

Jim: .....When?

~Blazing Saddles

And with that, we take our beloved booze forum, The Macallan, and we add a kitchen, hand out menus, and give it a new name:

Food And Wine Aplenty - Better People, Better Food, and Better Beer

The title is an obvious reference to that epic 18-minute Justin Bieber song that's on the radio now, I forget the name....

You guys have been bugging us (and bugging, and bugging... biggrin.gif) for a food section, and combining it with our existing drinking forum seemed like the right idea (especially since GG thought of it). We moved a bunch of the food-related threads from RS into here, from the 19 most recent pages of that forum. If we missed one, or if anyone knows of any older ones they'd like moved, or if there are any in NWW, please provide a link to them in this thread.

Bon appetit....and cheers!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 23 2011, 06:25 AM)

~Blazing Saddles

And with that, we take our beloved booze forum, The Macallan, and we add a kitchen, hand out menus, and give it a new name:

The title is an obvious reference to that epic 18-minute Justin Bieber song that's on the radio now, I forget the name....

You guys have been bugging us (and bugging, and bugging... biggrin.gif) for a food section, and combining it with our existing drinking forum seemed like the right idea (especially since GG thought of it). We moved a bunch of the food-related threads from RS into here, from the 19 most recent pages of that forum. If we missed one, or if anyone knows of any older ones they'd like moved, or if there are any in NWW, please provide a link to them in this thread.

trink39.gif great idea

Edited by alphseeker

Heya, Chef, couldya, wouldya make us a burger, or maybe a hotdog, emoticon to go with the drink emoticons? When you can find the time biggrin.gif

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top? smile.gif

Always need sumthin' else to wine about wink.gif )

Now who wants my rattlesnake chili recipe?

~Blazing Saddles

trink39.gif

Great idea! I notice it bumped politics down laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 23 2011, 08:44 PM)

~Blazing Saddles

trink39.gif

Great idea! I notice it bumped politics down laugh.gif

It bumped down everything from SOCN on down. We figured this forum could use a bump up, and the others below it are so well-established that they'll survive being down a slot.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 23 2011, 08:45 PM)
Ive been here a long time - so this was funny, I look down the forum list and my brain is trying to tell me something is different - and in my daily (or nearly so) stampede towards politics... Im getting lost and confused... smile.gif

*hiccup* I noticed what happened right away. *hiccup*

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/thanx.gif