What Rush do you hear on the radio?

That One Guy

Atlanta radio is awful... All run by money loving suits.]

OCCASIONALLY I'll hear Spirit or Red Barchetta on some obscure station.

I hate to say it, but the most Rush I hear on the radio is from talk radio. I'll hear Red Barchetta, Limelight, Tom Sawyer, YYZ (Moving Pictures I guess, haha) The Spirit of Radio and a few others when a talk show cuts back from a commercial break. The main news station, Newstalk 750 WSB uses Everyday Glory for one of their own commercials! I almost got in a wreck when I first heard that one, haha.

But pretty much ever since 96 Rock left... not much in Atlanta sad.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I called up the radio station that replaced 96 Rock, Project 96.1, and after they played some awful Tom Sawyer cover... I (seriously) had him on Facebook and I chatted to him asking him to play the real thing and he shut me down! I kept asking every few days and of course, a big NO each time.

I finally called and asked and he just said, "uh... we don't really play Rush here..."

Now he's moved to a station down in Florida and they've added a pretty cool feature where from 7 to midnight people can vote online and on phones for the next song played. Tom Sawyer (of course) has gotten through a few times, but not much.

The one time I've heard that station play Rush was the day of the show last year and a host (different from the one previously mentioned) played Limelight in honor of the show.

Glad you asked.... because today, on the Boneyard, they played Hemispheres, all 20 minutes of it!

I was stunned, I've NEVER heard that song played on any radio station (even XM/Sirius) EVER in the past. smile.gif

Edited by jnoble

QUOTE (jnoble @ Feb 28 2011, 03:18 PM)
Glad you asked.... because today, on the Boneyard, they played Hemispheres, all 20 minutes of it!
I was stunned, I've NEVER heard that song played on any radio station (even XM/Sirius) EVER in the past. smile.gif

Ive been playing it for 2 years...

Other than all the regulars, I herd Dreamline on 97.7 htz FM the other day.

I hear Big Money a lot for some reason.

I think one time I herd Show Dont Tell.

Between Q107, Y108, 97.7 and Rock 95 we get a lot of Rush in Southern Ontario

Wow! I thought Rush wasn't played much here on the West Coast, but it sounds like we actually get more than some of you. I wish we would hear the new stuff though, like Far Cry and Caravan. Apparently there are stations elsewhere that play them, but not here. We never hear anything newer than Time Stand Still.

Steady rotation of Limelight, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, New World Man, Distant Early Warning, Subdivisions, Working Man, In the Mood, Closer to the Heart.

QUOTE (different.hearts @ Mar 3 2011, 04:30 PM)
All I've ever heard is Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill (occasionally) and once, just once, I heard New World Man.

I've heard some old American Top 40 countdowns with Casey Kasem on XM on occasion.

One day they did an episode from Oct. 1982 and New World Man was at #32 or something like that. Hearing Casey Kasem introduce a Rush tune is kind of surreal.

PHX usually gets Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, and the occasional Working Man. Sometimes more when a concert is nearing.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 5 2011, 09:38 PM)
I finally heard Roll The Bones on Planet Rock!

So did I

I'm still trying to force bits of diced carrot down the plughole in the kitchen sink.

I heaed Distant Early Warning too.

Nope, nothing, nada.... banghead.gif banghead.gif Once a year Tom Sawyer perhaps and that is it! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 5 2011, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 5 2011, 09:38 PM)
I finally heard Roll The Bones on Planet Rock!

So did I

I'm still trying to force bits of diced carrot down the plughole in the kitchen sink.

I heaed Distant Early Warning too.

That one I didn't hear...

Working Man

Fly by Night

Closer to the Heart

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta (occasionally)

Limelight

Subdivisions (somewhat frequently)

New World Man (I think I've heard it here...)

I don't listen to radio anymore, but this is pretty comprehensive, considering I'd been listening to the local dadrock station for more than a decade.

I almost drove into the G D ditch the other day , BU2B was played! ... I know!!! ....and apparently, a few listeners really like it. wink.gif confused13.gif tongue.gif

It does rock out with it's **** ***!

The lyrics ... = MEH!

Good on Rush though ... the Caravan rolls on!